Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical CS

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Looks like Opel Manta GTE alloys. What's the rest of the running gear made of?
    Think the disks are ford of some description although can be replaced with floating efforts, willwood calipers. Engine + transmission ZZR1100 (breathed on by powertec). Don't know that much about them yet but happy to answer any questions I can

Rear wheels are reasonably wide, not too sure if manta or not?

Dunc.

Rides
    Is it road legal? You'll be the one with the chattering teeth on the way to the 'ring next year then

Nice mate

Rides
    Wouldn't be surprised if some of your lads cars were harder and lower lol!

Dunc.

Rides
    theyre pretty quick IIRC.

get some vids up asap

Rides
    Will have to wait a wee bit before I get to drive it I'm afraid Sprint season starts March next year but planning to do some testing before that This is a not road legal so doesn't have any of the creature comforts of the road going versions

Dunc.

Rides
    you can make them road legal,but mad on the road! my old boss has 4 of them, look for the one sponsored by Southgate garages, thats the one! I had a go, 1300 lump, and i never fully opened it up! Blooming quick machine, have many a good day dude

Rides
    Sure it'll take a fair bit of getting use to

Dunc

Rides
    When stripping out, dont forget to fold rear seats down for that extra speed

Looks ace, I want one!

Rides
    Yup, going superchip and peco too

Dunc.

Rides
    This isn't a replacement for the 13 is it?

Rides
    you gonna run it on the hill/sprints? will be good on the faster ones as the aeros less pitchy than bike engined single seaters, need tpo get the weight down a bit and may need to drop spring rates, especially at the rear if its a circuit racer. good choice though
    oh, wheels are usually ford pcd and either Mambas or Alleycats iirc

Rides
    Just seen the advert for it on PH

Rides
    You lucky lucky barsteward!

That looks ace
    ( I want a go )

Rides
    What an awesome toy!

Rides
    Heh that is fecking awesome I forgive you for selling up now You planning some testing at Knockhill any time soon?

Will it be seeing any Dunc-spec 'modifications'? It totally needs at least a sock, a roll of bubble wrap and a coat hanger to be dunc-worthy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CNHSS1 View Post
    oh, wheels are usually ford pcd and either Mambas or Alleycats iirc
    look like alleycat to me

looks like a mental little car you just got yourself

Rides
    now I get the Pm's.

Had a wee lookee at pics, the dry sump, deffo a good one, ours had 'issues' until the height was resolved.

I see its running the standard coils, are they off the std or a modded ecu? the carbs look like slides/ barrel slides, nice one - pig down low but fly at the top end.... what gearings it running? - IIRC a 17 front cog and 48 rear, btw don't skimp on the chain.... get the VERY best... you'll regret it otherwise!

If the wheels are Alleycats, change them... not the best in the world and very prone to poor casting, the PCD should be a ford one, btw check the shocks, take them off and look and feel for tight/ loose spots, if its running the rocker type arms your movement at the shock end is only a few mm.

Don't bother with changing the brakes, you'll find it will stop well enough and suck the eyeballs from there sockets when the slicks are warm!

Oh and you'll need this:

http://www.orientexpress.com/+/Mr+Tu...w+Profile.html

Okay this is for a 1400cc, but you know you want one!

Rides
    Steve, yup replacement for s13 - starting to break it so if there's anything you want give me a shout.

Sam, its already got some 'race-tape' as seen on the air intake top left - but more bodges to come

Gordon, its 49 tooth on it just now but going to get a 47 so I can gear it depending on which circuit - fear not I'll look into a turbo the second its stops scaring the poop out of me Its also got a digital timer thing which I've no idea how it works etc (neither does owner) so will post a pic maybe someone will know what it is

Dunc.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CNHSS1 View Post
    need to get the weight down a bit
    Not too sure how I'd do this as entire body work is either moulded or cardon fibre, even reverse has been removed to save weight. Appart from that is a tiny uncushioned plastic seat and a tiny toy snap off steering wheel Welcome to any suggestions tho

Will be mainly sprints/hill climb, don't know if they are OK for time attack regs for sometime in the future when I can drive it slightly better? Can easily fit the SVA parts if it is allowed.

Gordon, feel free to point me in the right direction for another set of wheels as would like a set for the harder compound slicks. Here'e the wets here, not to sure if they are better or worse than the set on the car (same)?

Cheers for advice and kind remarks lads

Dunc.

Rides
    Thing you'll find is, when its wet, like really wet, doesn't matter what you have on the wheels, you'll just spin them up anyway, its when its just wet that the 'wets' will count - unless there the stickiest of the stickiest compound - even then you;ll still slide it, if you don't belive me, do a test in the wet, put on the slicks do a lap, swap to wets, do a lap, at best there worth 2 secs at Knockhill.

Is the Digital timer a shift control for full throttle upshifts? ( momentarily cuts the ignition at max revs?).