Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 120/km of CO2???

Rides

120/km of CO2???

I have been advised by my Accountant for tax purposes to buy a brand new car though my business but apparently they must have a CO2 of less than 120/km ...

Does anyone have a list or know where I can get one to browse through?

Any help appreciated.

Scott

Rides
    BMW 118d

That's as exciting as it gets, everything else is more lame

Rides
    If i were told i had to have something that produced less than 120 wotsits then i would by a pair of good walking boots.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (Northampton)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben View Post
    BMW 118d
    My brother has just bought one of these, for the same reason

Rides

Rides
    BMW 118d

That's as exciting as it gets, everything else is more lame
    Audi A3 1.9 TDi Special Edition... 119

I dont need any flash gents... just a good diesel workhorse

Its replacing a 10yr old 306 DT so anything new has got to be better

Rides

Rides
    VW Golf BlueMotion is out early next year, cheaper than the A3.

Rides
    Renault Clio 1.5 DCI (86Bhp model) Not a bad car really.

Rides
    Just booked test drive for BMW 118D M sport... apparently 2007 onwards comes with the 147bhp engine so should be fun

Other than that its the Audi A3 1.9TDI... but its a bit slow ...

Everything else is a bit lame...

Rides
    The 318d M Sport looks good for an oil burner. Pricey though, and you've got the BMW image unfortunately. I always think of BMW drivers as being arrogant tw*ts. Is that a bit harsh?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr OCD View Post
    Just booked test drive for BMW 118D M sport... apparently 2007 onwards comes with the 147bhp engine so should be fun

Other than that its the Audi A3 1.9TDI... but its a bit slow ...

Everything else is a bit lame...

Mini Dooper is also under 120g/km if you want something reasonably fun.

I looked at both the Mini Clubman Dooper and the 118d when choosing my co car but the cost of all of the options that I 'needed' started to make them prohibitively expensive

Rides
    is the audi TDi the same as in the golf, easily chipped to produce some respectible grunt, or has it been eco-hippied to death and not capable of any excitement?

Rides
    Remember that a diesel is subject to 3% more tax even if its low co2.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3k1355 View Post
    is the audi TDi the same as in the golf, easily chipped to produce some respectible grunt, or has it been eco-hippied to death and not capable of any excitement?
    It can be chipped but its only 105bhp standard...

Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Remember that a diesel is subject to 3% more tax even if its low co2.
    Aye true but I can claim back the contractual interest against Corporation tax bill which makes it worth having...

Rides
    Well I have made my mind up ... it has 124co g/km though so not sure how the Accountant will like that?

BMW was far too small to even consider and I made my mind up once dealt with the stuck up salesman that my money was going elsewhere...

Audi were very good and helpful but kept trying to sell me a 2.0TDi instead of the 1.9TDi that I asked about ... Wife wasnt keen on the Audi though... I like it a LOT ... that was until we thought would walk into...

a Peugeot showroom... yup I am aware Peugeots arent as prestige as the others but straight away we liked the 207 ... very well built and the salesman was superb and LISTENED to what I was saying and took the time to answer all my questions - skills people need to learn at BMW and Audi!!!

Once the guy at Peugeot understood my requirements he dragged me outside to look at a Peugeot 207 GT HDi 110 ... and I started grinning... same chassis at the GTi model that has great reviews for its handling (something I am fond of in the 306) ... goes pretty well too as got a test drive straight away...

Just need to check with the Accountant that all is ok and I will be ordering it next week so I get to collect it on the new 08 reg plate

I'm rather pleased... especially when the Wife said I can keep the 200sx if I want as this car is much cheaper than my budget ... heh heh heh

Rides
    so you gonna be selling a nice cheap 306DT then?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ecksjay View Post
    so you gonna be selling a nice cheap 306DT then?

It wont be cheap as it should be though as its mint and DD tuned

Rides
    I have a 56 plate 207 sport (the one down from the GT) - and the chassis is excellent, the ride was suprisingly hard compared to the other car's I'd test drove in that kinda bracket, but it really comes into it's own on the back roads!

Putting my flame suit on - it's so throwable into the corners I almost enjoy it more than my RX7 on twisties. If it had some more power (the HDi GT will be great with all that torque), precise, direct steering - a little more overassisted than i'd like - but still. Good space inside too, altho the boot is a little small for my liking. It's alot more heavier than the old 206 it replaced, but it's only noticeable on the launch models with small engines.

That said, mine's been back to peugeot 5 times (4 faults and 1 recall) I've had it 18 months now and i'm getting a little.. 'itchy' to buy something else.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeeber View Post
    I have a 56 plate 207 sport (the one down from the GT) - and the chassis is excellent, the ride was suprisingly hard compared to the other car's I'd test drove in that kinda bracket, but it really comes into it's own on the back roads!

Putting my flame suit on - it's so throwable into the corners I almost enjoy it more than my RX7 on twisties. If it had some more power (the HDi GT will be great with all that torque), precise, direct steering - a little more overassisted than i'd like - but still. Good space inside too, altho the boot is a little small for my liking. It's alot more heavier than the old 206 it replaced, but it's only noticeable on the launch models with small engines.

That said, mine's been back to peugeot 5 times (4 faults and 1 recall) I've had it 18 months now and i'm getting a little.. 'itchy' to buy something else.
    Totally agree... I drove a 1yr old GT HDi 110 on a test drive after coming from Audi / BMW dealers and thought it was a better car... That says enough... I loved it ... awesome car in the twisty stuff and plenty of grunt for motorways... does over 60mpg as well

What were the recalls / faults mate? - very interested to know

Yes its not as prestige as a BMW / Audi but its better spec'd, built well and imho more funky / cool looking for TEN GRAND less!!!

But them am biased as always loved Pugs... especially the 306 and the 207 is pretty much the replacement for the 306 imho... the 308 is massive in comparison