Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I want more than 350hp on Stage3 please :)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
    The highest I got was 483whp on a Dynojet dyno at 2.1 bar
    I also got 419bhp at the hubs at 1.8 bar
    and 460 ish at the flywheel at SRR, but that was with a knackered inlet manifold
    At the topic of the dynoday write 483whp (560bhp) 560 at the crank!
    Jez please reply also you too!
    Why you said that is is unable to have 350hp with gt28r as you had 483 at wheels with a turbo that garret said 460 or 475(gt3071r) or 525(gt3076r) ?

Also Jez car ruinates the idea "small motor... less hp than garret said"!
    As noone can dispute the realability of jez horses

Rides
    maybe because the turbo is not all, maybe porting, head cams and other mods..... and on top of that hardware mods mapping, have something to say to the final HP figure

Rides
    I would say that if you are happy with your EGT and AFR then get your self onto the rolling road and slowly raise your boost. When it boosts up at high boost levels the AFR/EGT are going to go up very fast.

You may find that you have to take off so much ignition that the extra boost makes little difference.

Other people have explained why they wouldnt run higher boost levels, but If you want to run more then thats up to you.

It will either be amazing, or very very bad.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    you dont need head bolts for 400 bhp imo, standards will be perfectly adequate,
    When using a MGH its a good idea to use head studs so that you get the head staright down in one go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteRyder View Post
    When using a MGH its a good idea to use head studs so that you get the head staright down in one go
    its not necessary though. the ex-ND s13 used standard headbolts the whole time IIRC. I'm yet to see a reason to uprate them on a CA unless its a no expense spared build.

Rides
    I'm surprised that standard head bolts were used I've just changed mine for ARP's as I'm hoping to run well past 400bhp next year and had a concern that the head would lift as our skylines did last year.

Rides
    Danny, what do you think of Garrett quoting 460HP for GT2871R versus 360 for GT28RS?
    And why would anyone get GT3071R if it's making almost same HPs?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SM View Post
    I'm surprised that standard head bolts were used
    I used std crank and head bolts on my CA.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GreeceS13 View Post
    At the topic of the dynoday write 483whp (560bhp) 560 at the crank!
    Jez please reply also you too!
    Why you said that is is unable to have 350hp with gt28r as you had 483 at wheels with a turbo that garret said 460 or 475(gt3071r) or 525(gt3076r) ?

Also Jez car ruinates the idea "small motor... less hp than garret said"!
    As noone can dispute the realability of jez horses
    483whp isn't 560 at the crank. The dyno I got 483whp on was a Dynojet - same as the American ones. I reckon it was probably doing 470-480bhp at the fly if it had been run on a Dynodynamics rolling road.

Rides
    How do these compare to Mustang dyno?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways Danny View Post
    its not necessary though. the ex-ND s13 used standard headbolts the whole time IIRC. I'm yet to see a reason to uprate them on a CA unless its a no expense spared build.
    Yeah, I was just saying its good for easy installation of a MHG.

Rides
    I used std crank and head bolts on my CA.
    Important information!!

483whp isn't 560 at the crank. The dyno I got 483whp on was a Dynojet - same as the American ones. I reckon it was probably doing 470-480bhp at the fly if it had been run on a Dynodynamics rolling road.
    Ahhh all world measure wrong and uk dynos are right?
    In Greece we have dynotech, mustang, vagmag and others.. all dynos has a little difference but no the different that you said Jez!

Dynotech measure you 483whp and you said that in the other dyno you will have less than 480 fly! :| :| :|
    If you run your car in US, Greece and I think all the other world dynos you have 483whp! But at uk less than 480 fly?
    Sorry guys but I think that uk dynos really sucks!

In Greek dyno I have 307whp.. so for uk dynos I have 300 at the fly!!

I would say that if you are happy with your EGT and AFR then get your self onto the rolling road and slowly raise your boost. When it boosts up at high boost levels the AFR/EGT are going to go up very fast.
    1.35bar on avcr, 20psi in autometer sportcomp gauge, 11.1 at inovative wideband lamda at tail pipe, only 800C when I run at the dyno at autometer sportcomp pyrometer gauge!
    All in Greece said me that this motor is impossible to blow with theese numbers!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GreeceS13 View Post
    Ahhh all world measure wrong and uk dynos are right?
    In Greece we have dynotech, mustang, vagmag and others.. all dynos has a little difference but no the different that you said Jez!

Dynotech measure you 483whp and you said that in the other dyno you will have less than 480 fly! :| :| :|
    I didn't say that, just that different dynos give different readings. And the difference between dynodynamics and Dynojet is huge, especially when you start getting over the 300bhp mark.

I have run my car on dynojet (483whp) and on dyno dynamics (~460bhp), but the results weren't directly comparable as other things had changed.

Dyno dynamics aren't from the UK, they're Australian and very accurate IMO.
    Last edited by Jez; 04-12-2007 at 15:04.

Rides
    http://www.truehp.com/magazine/dynoj...hp_reason.html - this is why dynojets read high.

Rides
    just looked at a car with a gt28r that was totally maxed out today, raising the boost made no difference and was left at 1.2 bar. it was on an SR too,

and guess what.............. 302bhp. the rolling road is an extreamly expensive one too and the tuner is very very highly regarded too

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    and guess what.............. 302bhp. the rolling road is an extreamly expensive one too and the tuner is very very highly regarded too
    I've had 320bhp on a GT28R on a dyno dynamics rolling road, but that was with quite a bit of octane booster and right on the det limit.

Rides
    Jez, so you've managed to get the power Garrett quoted What do you think of GT2871R rated at 460Hp?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetal View Post
    Jez, so you've managed to get the power Garrett quoted What do you think of GT2871R rated at 460Hp?
    I think Garretts power quotes only take into account the compressor.

If you had a GT2871R with a .63 exhaust housing I don't think you'd make 460bhp on an SR.

I've just built an engine (http://www.h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=Bas) with a HKS-GTRS (same as a GT2871R, .63 52 trim) and will let you know what power it makes. It's already done 375bhp at 1.5 bar and maxed out the 555s. We're going to fit bigger injectors and try 1.8 bar and see what happens. Should do over 400 I reckon.

Rides
    I'm interested in CA I wonder if 420-430HP is possible with that turbo.
    Why did you put EGT probe in turbine housing?