Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 S14a Touring Manual 76k

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy86 s14a View Post
    if i didnt have the baby i'd have this of you.
    Sell him to Madonna and buy my car then

Rides
    Just done a HPI check through the RAC and its come back all clear

Admittedly i didn't do it before buying the car

Rides
    How did you get the leather looking so good?! I am looking to buy one of these, yours is just too expensive unfortunately, and the leather is grim in most of them. Thanks, Ben

Rides
    I just soaked them with warm water to begin with to get the initial grime off (luckily they were really clean anyway) and just used a basic leather conditioner form Halfrauds (it was a dark green bottle but i can't remember the name). It takes fcuking ages dude. Probably took me around 4 hours to do a good job on the drivers seat alone Its worth it though, i had dark creases going up the drivers side bolster (closest to the door) these are now completely gone, i thought they were cracked but they weren't at all

Hope that helps

Rides
    A fellow Partridge fan and an owner of a Mint 200SX, good stuff! This does look beautiful, have you sold it yet? I am selling my car at the moment but might be interested if that price continues to drop! Kiss my face.

Thanks for the advice.

Rides
    No, still not sold mate

The price won't drop either, ive had a few PM's telling me its too cheap. Its just a crap time of year to sell a car i suppose
    Last edited by Alex; 03-12-2007 at 17:21.

Rides
    It does look stunning. I am hoping to have my car sold by next Saturday and MIGHT be in a position to certainly come and see it and potentially make an offer. Whatever happens you will, of course, have the last laugh!

Incidentally, have you had any other 200sx's? I have driven two now, one manual and one auto. I definitely want the manual as it allows you to be so much more precise with the power and, therefore, the way the car drives. The auto was nice though: a 99 with 64,000 miles for 4500.

Cheers, Ben

Rides
    Nope this is my first one. I test drove 12 whilst looking around in the space of about 4 months. They were all manuals and had all been thrashed and hardly ever looked after properly (turbo smoke, cam wear). Ill definately return to a 200sx again, and i know for a fact i wont find one in better shape than this Its probably the last UK manual ever to be sold from Nissan

Edit: Them pics are actually really crap, not sure why i haven't taken any better ones. Ill try and sort some for the weekend

Rides
    Let me know when you have some more pics and send them to my email benjygriff@hotmail.com

Thanks. What is the easiest way to spot a thrashed car?!

Rides
    Lack of service history, HPI report coming back dodgey, turbo smoke, chav owner, stupid modifications, when he takes you out for a test drive he doesn't wait for it to warm up before boosting it, dodgey smoke coming from the exhaust, i could go on........

Edit: Ill try and get some pics done for the weekend
    Last edited by Alex; 04-12-2007 at 16:03.

Rides
    Valid points! From a technical perspective, what are the main detectable issues to be wary of, other than turbo/exhaust smoke. How important is warming up and down? Cheers, Ben

''I know a cracking owl sanctuary''

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by benjy26 View Post
    ''I know a cracking owl sanctuary''

Heres some helpful threads (some go a bit off topic but they make good reading)

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t...=turbo+cooling

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t...hlight=warming

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t...hlight=warming

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...=1#post2479295

Rides
    Thanks will have a good read. I need all the help I can get! Did you ever bother soundproofing yours?

Rides
    No didn't bother, its only when its raining that you can hear a bit of water splashing up the rear arches. I only drive 3 miles to work so it doesn't really bother me. Would be worth doing if you have to travel a lot i suppose though

Rides
    Yes, will have to see when I get one what I want to do. Any luck selling yours yet?

Rides
    No nothing. Doesn't look as if im gonna get insured on a JDM integra anymore so i think i might start my little 205 project ive been dreaming about for the last few months

http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t...&highlight=gti

Rides
    205 project looks fun, not my sort of car but hey, it takes all sorts! Let me know how you get on with yours but I can't realistically imagine I will spend over 5k. Thanks, Ben

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by benjy26 View Post
    205 project looks fun, not my sort of car but hey, it takes all sorts! Let me know how you get on with yours but I can't realistically imagine I will spend over 5k. Thanks, Ben
    Ok matey, likewise. If your interested in a 200sx then PM me the advert and ill tell you what questions to ask and what to look out for

Rides
    Cheers, much appreciated!

Rides
    Hey Alex, what do you think of this:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=

I reckon its overpriced.

Thanks, Ben