Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RB25DET Sileighty

Rides

RB25DET Sileighty

Well, after putting this off for as long as possible here goes....

For sale is my RB25DET Sileighty, formerly Pete C's car before I bought her back in May.

I was really hoping to hang onto the car for a very long time, if not forever! Had many ideas, mostly involving keeping her as mint as she is and upping the power but sadly reality has caught up with me.

I've got a fairly large credit card bill to pay off and an even larger loan looming over me, what with the house and a young family it's time to be sensible take a break from cars for a short while and get everything paid off, so the Sileighty has to go to a new home in order for me to make this happen

Anyway, enough of my depressing rambling, time for the details, the car is a
    1992 RS13 Exec in Kuro Black. Pete C carried out the work transforming her into what you see today and since I bought her I've basically just enjoyed and maintained the car, fixed a couple of little boost leaks and made a few little additions, so here's the spec:

94,000 miles
    MOT Oct 18th 2008 (Just had this done last week, sailed through - not even an advisory!)
    5 Months Tax
    Complete respray in original colour April 06

ENGINE:
    RB25DET from R33 GTS25t - bottom end rebuild/refresh before fitting (Now about 4000 miles ago I think)
    A'PEXi Power FC mapped by Horsham Developments
    Garrett T3 turbo (4x4 Cosworth)
    Forge Motorsport adjustable actuator
    Custom 3" exhaust with subtle twin tailpipes
    A'PEXi induction kit (Brand new one just fitted)
    Hybrid FMIC Kit
    Mocal 19-row oil cooler kit with thermostat
    Halfords Mitsi Evo battery
    Oil Catch Tank
    Autobahn88 Triple Core Aluminium Radiator (fitted in July)

TRANSMISSION:
    Exedy Organic Clutch
    R33 GTS25t gearbox
    R33 GTS25t LSD
    R33 GTS25t driveshafts

CHASSIS:
    Kayaba AGX adjustable damping shocks
    AVO Chassis Dynamics springs
    Whiteline castor adjustable front TC bushes
    Whiteline adjustable front & rear anti-roll bars
    Nismo polyurethane steering rack bushes
    S/S steering bush replacement
    Alloy subframe locking collars
    S14 5-stud hubs

BRAKES:
    Z32 Brake Master Cylinder
    S14 4-pot front calipers
    R33 GTS twin pot rear calipers
    315mm E36 M3 Brembo front discs
    Porterfield RS-4 pads

INTERIOR:
    S14a cloth front seats
    Autometer 52mm 'Ultralite' 20psi boost gauge in A-pillar pod

WHEELS/STYLING:
    R33 GT-R wheels 17x9, 245/45 rear, 225/45 front tyres
    S13 Silvia front
    De-spoilered
    Kouki rear lights

Some Pics (the car now has the Twin Square headlights and the engine bay shot is an old one, before the rad and filter was fitted, I didn't have any shiny pics with the new additions, will try to get some up to date pics when I get a spare couple of mins!):

Underside is clean tidy and undersealed:

The fun bit

I gave her an oil change in August with Silkolene Pro S and a genuine nissan flter and she had the coolant flushed and renewed when the rad was changed.

I also recently had the fueling checked with a wideband O2 sensor and all is well there.

Back in July she went to Surrey Rolling road and recorded 259.6BHP, which was a bit lower than expected. This was soon discovered to be due to the boost trailing off past 5k rpm. The fueling graph showed the fueling was perfect which is because the car was mapped with this boost drop occuring. After the rolling road I found a number of boost leaks which I've taken care of and it feels a lot better now and comes on boost stronger (not to mention hitting 0.8bar at 2700rpm!), which is why I had the fueling checked over again to make sure this hadn't thrown things out. The boost does still trail off and I believe this could be down to the turbo being a little small or possibly a weak actuator, the Intercooler pipework also looks a little restrictive.

The only bad bits to mention are the front turret tops have the usual S13 rust coming through and the tailgate has a little bubbling coming up on the opposite side to the wiper.

It also pulls slightly to the drivers side under hard braking, but the MOT man couldn't find any faults and the brakes tested fine with even pressure on each side, front and back.

Other than that she is a very very clean S13 as you can see from the pics. Easily the cleanest I've owned and among the cleanest I've seen (definately one of the most solid!). With 12 Months MOT and no advisory notes she'll be a trouble free car to whoever is lucky enough to take her off me.

To drive this car is something else, I even text Pete something to that effect when I got home from picking her up from him! The power figure might not seem much to some but with the added torque of that RB it's plenty quick enough, not to mention that gorgeous straight six howl . Handling is also very good and turn in is fantastic, she's never put a foot wrong whilst I've driven her.

Pretty much the whole history of this car can be found on this site and I'm sure Pete C will confirm anything I've said here should you want to ask him.

I'm putting her up for £5,000.00. Viewing welcome and highly recommended.

Feel free to post, PM or e mail with any questions.

Del

More up to date piccies here
    Last edited by Delboy; 09-11-2007 at 21:16.

Rides
    Best S13 ever All it needs to be my ultimate spec is half black leather recaro/bride recliners with matching doorcards.

Gutted you're selling it, I was hoping you'd keep until I had enough money to buy it

ps, if you're looking for a nice cheap motor to replace it with, check out my E30 318iS
    Last edited by Ed; 30-10-2007 at 23:11.

Rides
    lovely motor!! if only i had the cash to spare good luck with the sale matey

Rides
    Cheers guys, Turbo-tastic, I was hoping to keep it and never have to sell it

Would've poss been interested in the 318, but I've pretty much settled on being carless for a while to help with the debt clearing, not quite sure how I'll cope without my own set of wheels for the first time since I was 18 but it's got to be worth a shot if it gets me debt free sooner!

Rides
    I love this car

Good luck with getting your debts sorted out matey

Rides
    ahhhh dude, was hoping this thread was never gonna pop up

Other than this one I'm refusing to bump it for ya. Hopefully it'll slip off the first 5 pages and you can keep it

Can vouch for this being a VERY tidy well looked after car and any potential buyers will instantly fall in love with her

Joeingo
    bump for super clean sileighty, its super sexy

Rides
    Did you change the turbo since Pete had it? Is he not buying it back?

Good luck with the sale...Gonna point one or 2 mates in the direction of this

Rides
    Cheers guys, Stew I'm afraid it has to go thanks for vouching for her though

Madda, nope, still the same turbo, it's always dropped boost since Pete did the conversion, I tried tempting him into buying her back but he's got his new baby now. Let me know if your mates are interested

Rides
    Sorry to see it going Del! Can deff vouch that this is a lovely all round car!

Ignore the RR figure it feels awsome on the road. Before we found out that figure i'd have easily said it felt like over 300hp

With the boost sorted now it'll be awsome!

5k is a bargain!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Madda, Let me know if your mates are interested
    Im sure i will be in touch shortly....

and on a side note, I would have bought it if my conversion wasnt 95.9% complete.

Rides
    Cheers Madda, good luck with finishing yours off

And cheers Jez, I'm sure yours will feel much much quicker soon though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy 200 View Post
    Ignore the RR figure it feels awsome on the road. Before we found out that figure i'd have easily said it felt like over 300hp
    I'd agree with that, and it's soooo smoooooth

Excellent car for everyday driving (so easy and driveable on the road) or track work - it stops and corners every bit as well as it goes!

One of the great things about it being smooth is you can boot it out of corners and it's much less likely to lose traction, especially with the 245s on the rear.

But I'm not interested, OK!?

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Now are you sure you're not interested Pete?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Now are you sure you're not interested Pete?
    Fortunately for me, even if I was interested (which I'm not ), there's no way I can afford it

Besides, it'd be like taking back an ex that used to spend all your money and who you eventually realised you were better off without

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    hahaha, good way of looking at it there

Rides
    Never thought i would see this car for sale so soon lol. Just wondering what insurance is like for this and who with?

PM'ed u
    Last edited by Spartan-117; 31-10-2007 at 19:38.

Rides
    Spartan, have replied to your PM believe me I never wanted to sell so soon

As for insurance, I'm 25 with full no claims and no points or convictions and I pay £695 fully comp, everything declared, agreed value and like for like cover with only a £150 excess! That's with Keith Michaels, if you need it I could give you their number and you can see what they can do for you.

Rides
    Free bump for Del, seeing those pics is bringing a tear to my eye

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Cheers Pete, know how you feel. Not looking forward to seeing her drive off when she goes