Thread: 180sx Dyno Result

Rides

180sx Dyno Result

First off its a sr20det,
    Mods- front mount,induction kit,exhaust from elbow back,de-cat,boost controller,fuel pump,444cc injectors?and power fc.
    Result- 275bhp and 355Nm torque

The fella who done it reckons the airflow meter was maxed out and with a z32 one i could reach near 300bhp BUT he thinks it might be an uprated turbo.I don't think it is cause it looked like a standard t25g when i had it out doing the gaskets.
    So question is would the standard turbo make that power with those mods?
    If it is the standard turbo it probably won't last long at 1 bar?
    Last edited by JDM Boy; 17-10-2007 at 11:21.

Rides
    Thats pretty inpressive for the std turbo

Rides
    So that's 262ftlb torque.. not bad!

Rich

Rides
    Yeah he said the torque was good,as far as i can remember the markings on my turbo were m24 AR 80.....i don't know if it's a t25g or not? As i don't want to be running it at 1bar if it is.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM Boy View Post
    Yeah he said the torque was good,as far as i can remember the markings on my turbo were m24 AR 80.....i don't know if it's a t25g or not? As i don't want to be running it at 1bar if it is.
    The SR engine have the t-28 turbo as its std, u say u got exhaust from the elbow, hope u planing on changing the elbow really soon, its make a hell of a backpressure to the turbo at 1 bar, kill it in no time, and a mayjore hp killer.
    Since the first thing the exhaust will have to go thru is the elbow it should not be any backpressure threre + a good downpipe they should be 2,5-3inch
    insted of the std elbow beeing 1inch inside.. The exhaust manifold should manage 300hp but a aftermarked one will make much better flow=hp and responce..
    The MAF i know people been over 330hp with.. My blacktop SR puts out 295hp-ath at 1,2bar and 410Nm with the std turbo and MAF
    If u use the car for dayli juse, u can run 1 bar no prob, 1,2 i pressuring it, but people here in norway been driving with 1,2bar on std turbo for 2-3years with out problem, but MUST be good exhaust ALL the way, and its not a pure track car..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Per Ulv View Post
    The SR engine have the t-28 turbo as its std, u say u got exhaust from the elbow, hope u planing on changing the elbow really soon, its make a hell of a backpressure to the turbo at 1 bar, kill it in no time, and a mayjore hp killer.
    Since the first thing the exhaust will have to go thru is the elbow it should not be any backpressure threre + a good downpipe they should be 2,5-3inch
    insted of the std elbow beeing 1inch inside.. The exhaust manifold should manage 300hp but a aftermarked one will make much better flow=hp and responce..
    The MAF i know people been over 330hp with.. My blacktop SR puts out 295hp-ath at 1,2bar and 410Nm with the std turbo and MAF
    If u use the car for dayli juse, u can run 1 bar no prob, 1,2 i pressuring it, but people here in norway been driving with 1,2bar on std turbo for 2-3years with out problem, but MUST be good exhaust ALL the way, and its not a pure track car..
    From what i've gathered the 180sx black top comes with a T25G as standard,unlike the sylvia/200 which has a T28!
    Don't think there is need to uprate the elbow or manifold unless the turbo is uprated?

Rides
    the 180sx came with the t25g turbo unlike s14s that have the t28 i rather the t25g because its a good compomise between t25 and t28 fast spool and flows alot of air

Rides
    So can anyone confirm what turbo it is? M24 AR 80
    Even still 1 bar is too much for a small turbo?

Rides
    ive got a T25g in the garage (or at least thats what i think it is, hang on!!)

Rides
    well i run just over a bar on mine and it blows fine all day long mines on a ca18det engine and i get a bar not long after 3k

Rides
    the one i have came from a red top SR20DET from an earlish s13 silvia.

compressor is marked M-24 A/R.80
    exhaust is marked M-3 A/R.64

it is visbly alot smaller than a t28 from s14 which i have sat next to it!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by micraplay View Post
    the one i have came from a red top SR20DET from an earlish s13 silvia.

compressor is marked M-24 A/R.80
    exhaust is marked M-3 A/R.64

it is visbly alot smaller than a t28 from s14 which i have sat next to it!
    Sound man,i can't remember what the exhaust housing said,would i be able to read it from under the car?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by birchys200 View Post
    well i run just over a bar on mine and it blows fine all day long mines on a ca18det engine and i get a bar not long after 3k
    Prob the best thing to do cause then when it blows up its an excuse for a bigger one

Rides
    thats a good result,

i got 266bhp at the fly and 230lb/ft and was leaning out badly @ a bar of boost

but i had crash my car on the way to the rolling road that morning but i still put it on the dyno.

mods are std injectors, s15 gt28r turbo, full 3 inch exhaust from turbo, front mount intercooler, std afm, std ecu, apexi air filter, walbro fuel pump, s/s mani. after the crash unknown to me at the time i put it on the rollers i had a boost leak at my intercooler, one of the bungs on the inlet had poped out and my turbo elbow was hanging off.the power peaked at 266 at around 4k rpm then droped in power.on my boost graph the boost peeked 15psi (just over a bar) the dropped all the way to 10 psi

iv now got 680cc injectors on the way and iv got emanage ultimate siting waiting to go on.hpoefully that should sort out my leaning out.

it was running beautifully before the crash but afterwards did run slugish.thankfully its now running very well and i cant wait to get it back on.

jdmboy it does sound like your runing a fairly decent turbo since that is a really good result.you should inspect the stamp on it and cross reference the plate to get an idea what turbo you have

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jod View Post
    thats a good result,

i got 266bhp at the fly and 230lb/ft and was leaning out badly @ a bar of boost

but i had crash my car on the way to the rolling road that morning but i still put it on the dyno.

mods are std injectors, s15 gt28r turbo, full 3 inch exhaust from turbo, front mount intercooler, std afm, std ecu, apexi air filter, walbro fuel pump, s/s mani. after the crash unknown to me at the time i put it on the rollers i had a boost leak at my intercooler, one of the bungs on the inlet had poped out and my turbo elbow was hanging off.the power peaked at 266 at around 4k rpm then droped in power.on my boost graph the boost peeked 15psi (just over a bar) the dropped all the way to 10 psi

iv now got 680cc injectors on the way and iv got emanage ultimate siting waiting to go on.hpoefully that should sort out my leaning out.

it was running beautifully before the crash but afterwards did run slugish.thankfully its now running very well and i cant wait to get it back on.

jdmboy it does sound like your runing a fairly decent turbo since that is a really good result.you should inspect the stamp on it and cross reference the plate to get an idea what turbo you have
    Are you going to put a z32 maf in aswell considering you have the s15 tubby?
    I want to get it to around 300 and id be happy with that,might go with an s15 tubby later on too.

Rides
    From what i've gathered the 180sx black top comes with a T25G as standard,unlike the sylvia/200 which has a T28!
    Don't think there is need to uprate the elbow or manifold unless the turbo is uprated?

The manifold will do fine with the std turbo if its the t25 t25g or the t28 & gt28r, but the elbow is so thin in side it scary, just so u get to fingers in it!! and whats the point of big cat-back exhaust when its in the front the backpressure is and that will make a lot off heat as the turbo dontlike at all and that will give u warmer air from the turbo too and a hp drop or knock. I can say a uppgraded elbow will make the turbo spinn much easily up and give u great response. I know they run 1bar on the ca18det with the t25 as a mild tune up with airfilter etc.. But how long it will hold togheter depends on temprature/backpressure..

Dont know totaly about your engine but on the euro sr blacktop the trhottle is only 55mm, and this becomes a airbreak before the maf often, the ca18det has 60mm trhottle as the japan sr-redtop to compare.. 55mm is becoming small att 1,2bar with the t28 dont know if this goes for the t25g.. this is maybe more intressting for JOD perhaps..

The t25g must be a rare thing over here since i only heard of it once or twice, really didnt stricke me at even i read 180sx.. is this on the english s13/180sx/200sx or japan imported?? think u had the same models as over here...
    Last edited by Per Ulv; 17-10-2007 at 22:50.

Rides
    Are you going to put a z32 maf in aswell considering you have the s15 tubby?
    I want to get it to around 300 and id be happy with that,might go with an s15 tubby later on too.
    yeah well im planning on getting the z32 afm next year or convert my car to map sensor and do away with the afm but only after i get my new turbo (something abit larger). i feel that the air flow meter intake diameter is adequit enough for running 1-1.2 bar of boost with the gt28r turbo for now but i know theres a restriction. i definetly recomend the s15 turbo if your after about 300bhp and a quick spool.

Per Ulv, my car is a japanese import and i think jdmboy's will be aswell

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Per Ulv View Post
    The manifold will do fine with the std turbo if its the t25 t25g or the t28 & gt28r, but the elbow is so thin in side it scary, just so u get to fingers in it!! and whats the point of big cat-back exhaust when its in the front the backpressure is and that will make a lot off heat as the turbo dontlike at all and that will give u warmer air from the turbo too and a hp drop or knock. I can say a uppgraded elbow will make the turbo spinn much easily up and give u great response. I know they run 1bar on the ca18det with the t25 as a mild tune up with airfilter etc.. But how long it will hold togheter depends on temprature/backpressure..

Dont know totaly about your engine but on the euro sr blacktop the trhottle is only 55mm, and this becomes a airbreak before the maf often, the ca18det has 60mm trhottle as the japan sr-redtop to compare.. 55mm is becoming small att 1,2bar with the t28 dont know if this goes for the t25g.. this is maybe more intressting for JOD perhaps..

The t25g must be a rare thing over here since i only heard of it once or twice, really didnt stricke me at even i read 180sx.. is this on the english s13/180sx/200sx or japan imported?? think u had the same models as over here...
    In the UK the s13 ca18det would be more popular than an imported 180sx sr20det,whereas in Ireland it would be the other way around.
    UK s13-T25
    180sx blacktop-T25G

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jod View Post
    yeah well im planning on getting the z32 afm next year or convert my car to map sensor and do away with the afm but only after i get my new turbo (something abit larger). i feel that the air flow meter intake diameter is adequit enough for running 1-1.2 bar of boost with the gt28r turbo for now but i know theres a restriction. i definetly recomend the s15 turbo if your after about 300bhp and a quick spool.

Per Ulv, my car is a japanese import and i think jdmboy's will be aswell
    Whats a good price for the S15 tubby?