Thread: cigarette lighter please help

Rides

cigarette lighter please help

Is the cigarette lighter fuse at the back of the cigarette lighter anyone?

Rides
    its in the fuse box mate, in the drivers doorwell
    15amp jobbie
    http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8071212no1.jpg

Rides
    found it right in front of me all the time lol. Thank You

Rides
    In case you're one of those non-smoker types, the lighter is only live when the ignition's on, and its cable isn't very fat, which might affect whatever you're connecting to it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    In case you're one of those non-smoker types, the lighter is only live when the ignition's on, and its cable isn't very fat, which might affect whatever you're connecting to it
    Holy thread revival.... Can I deduce that it's safe to leave an FM transmitter jobie connected to the cigarette lighter socket all of the time? Assume so given the lack of power when ignition is off....?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pb63 View Post
    Holy thread revival.... Can I deduce that it's safe to leave an FM transmitter jobie connected to the cigarette lighter socket all of the time? Assume so given the lack of power when ignition is off....?
    Short answer = Yes.

In 2007 people were plugging a range of bizarre objects into their cig lighter sockets to get a 12Volt feed.
    Nowadays it's mostly audio transfer (like yours) or phone charging devices, all of which use far less wattage that the original cig lighter did.
    And, as said, as the socket has no power when ignition is off, there's no chance of running the battery flat accidentally.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Short answer = Yes.

In 2007 people were plugging a range of bizarre objects into their cig lighter sockets to get a 12Volt feed.
    Nowadays it's mostly audio transfer (like yours) or phone charging devices, all of which use far less wattage that the original cig lighter did.
    And, as said, as the socket has no power when ignition is off, there's no chance of running the battery flat accidentally.
    Fantastic, thanks for replying Jon. I'm very impressed your still on here too!

All the best