Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '92 S13 Facelift, spares/repairs

Rides

'92 S13 Facelift, spares/repairs

With a new job starting in a week and no car to get there I have had to replace my broken S13.
    I am not a mechanic but I will try and advertise this as honestly and best as I can.

Mileage: 163,000
    No Tax or MOT

£400 ono

The Good Bits

Recently the turbo went so it has been replaced with a good turbo, all of the turbo gaskets were replaced.
    The front tyres are Toyo Proxes Ti-Rs they have covered approx 500 miles.
    The rear tyres are again Toyo Proxes and have covered approx 2.5k.

The Not-so-Good Bits

Firstly big ends have gone.
    Obviously no tax or MOT
    There is a large dent in the offside rear 1/4 with some surface rust below it. The damage starts at the drivers door. (Look at the photos below)
    The most noticable and structural rust I have spotted on it is a hole in a chassis rail just in from the nearside sill (pictured) there is other rust around the front subframe but from what I can tell it is superficial surface rust.
    The paintwork is not great, it looks as though the car has been resprayed at some point and the laquer has begun to peel from the edge of the bonnet. The boot has also had a repair on it and had a light spray with no laquer. There is also paint peeling from inside the 'mouth' on the front bumper.
    The offside front calliper is seized, consequently the disk and pads are gone on that side too.

Some better bits again

Although the calliper on the front is seized I have a pair of front callipers which have been stripped, rebuilt and painted ready to go on. I also have a pair of used (barely) front disks. I also have a brand new set of front pads.

I can also throw in the £50 Apex Performance voucher bought from here (could pay for those big ends)

Although the car has no service history at all the person I bought the car from told me the engine had been replaced approx 12k ago with a 90k miler. I have no evidence of this but it's fair to say the engine would have died some while ago if it hadn't been replaced!

^ This appears to be the only photo which shows the lacquer peel on the bonnet, it has gotten worse since this was taken and has spread to approx 25cms up the edge and inside by approx 2"

^ This was taken whilst painting the cam covers hence the pipes off, only one cover is painted'

£400 ono

If you would like any more photos I can take them Monday as the car is currently parked at work.
    Last edited by OFI; 09-09-2007 at 11:30.

Banned
    Rides
    is it a manual?

Rides
    Yes.

I'm happy to take offers, give it a go as I really need it gone before I change jobs

Rides
    i'll give you 300 at weekend if i can find a way of getting it home

Rides
    hmm i want this lol..

Would be perfect for a drift machine..

May be in touch..

Free Bump for now

Rides
    Bump

I'd be looking for a little bit more than £300 tbh, £350 and I'd be interested

Rides
    ok then. just to make sure will i be able to use all the bits needed for an auto to manual conversion and do you no any1 that can transport it to my house

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzeye View Post
    ok then. just to make sure will i be able to use all the bits needed for an auto to manual conversion and do you no any1 that can transport it to my house
    Its already manual??

Banned
    Rides
    bozzeye's car is auto. he wants to use this for a conversion

Rides
    yeah forgot to mention that cheers matey

Rides
    I don't know anything about the auto to manual conversion but I would assume so. I believe there is a thread in the S13 FAQs which will tell you what you need for the conversion.

Here ya go: http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=96711

As for knowing anyone who could shift it for you, you haven't said where you live. If it wasn't too far I do know of a guy at work who may be able to shift it for a fee?
    Obviously i'd want the sale out of the way before it was moved

Edit: Thinking about it, any reason you couldn't arrange to have it towed? Wouldn't require any trailer that way although it might need an A-frame/bar.
    Last edited by OFI; 13-09-2007 at 20:50.

Banned
    Rides
    area is rh10 i think. not sure he knows any one who could tow it

Banned
    Rides
    near crawley. your near southampton arent you??

Rides
    Heh that is quite far. Salisbury is about 35 miles north of Southampton.

SP4 0JF

Rides
    Bump.

Rides
    Why hasn't anyone bought this yet? I'm in danger of being in salisbury at the weekend with £350 and my girlfriend being not best pleased!

You say that is the worst rust you have found... how hard have you looked? Obviously you woun't give any guarantees, but how confident are you that there won't be any nasty surprises?

Rides
    I have been on my back underneath it to do the turbo recently and like I say the only rust which has done any damage that I can see is pictured above. Of course there is plenty of surface rust around the front subframe it looks like it would benefit from a good scrub and painting to protect it.

The sills all look solid too.

I'll try and have a look at it before the weekend and if I find anything i'll take photos

edit: I'd like to add that those photos were taken when it was clean! As I live right next to a housing development and the car has barely moved in 2 months it's not so clean at the moment
    Last edited by OFI; 17-09-2007 at 18:19.

Rides
    Bump

Rides
    is this still up for grabs? if so whats the best price youll take for it please?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sx_minx View Post
    is this still up for grabs? if so whats the best price youll take for it please?
    Now on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330168650174

Buy it Now £300 or Best Offer