Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Fernando / Kamikaze[EEND]je

Rides
    Unfortunately never had the pleasure. My condolences to his family and friends.

Rides
    Only just seen this - I can't believe it, I mean it's not like I really knew him or anything we'd only spoken on a few occasions including Saturday night but my heart sunk

RIP Fernando, my thoughts to the family and friends who grieve him

Rides
    I had recently spoke to Fernando over the last few weeks and was absolutely stunned to hear this news today.

I would not say that i knew him, but would say that what I did know of him he came across as a very nice man, and very genuine.

What can you say eh?

R.I.P.

Rides
    His family informed us at the dutch sxoc board, that he will be cremated next saturday at 14:30 CET. It's possible to see him for one last time before that in the mourning-center (hope that's correct english?).

Rides
    is that saturday 28th?

which crematorium, town will this be at?

Rides
    Yes, saturday the 28th.

He will be cremated in Beuningen, which is located on the east side of the netherlands, very close to Nijmegen.
    I Haven't got any further details on the exact location, his family posted that it will be written in the mourning-ad in a local newspaper there.

You could ask Joey / Nismo_joe although I don't know if he knows where it will be held.

Edit:

I've googled a bit, and it seems there is only one crematorium in Beuningen:

Yarden Crematorium Rijk van Nijmegen
    Schoenaker 12
    6641 SZ BEUNINGEN

Address in google earth:
    http://maps.google.nl/maps?ie=utf-8&...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
    Last edited by DeBastaard; 24-07-2007 at 22:18.

Rides
    that's about 350 miles from me to there, should be able to make that I think if we're going that is

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassx View Post
    Strom666 from the dutch forum has posted a video, http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...92273898&hl=nl This is probably the way fernando would liked to be remembered. Burning rubber..

R.i.p Fernando..
    Thanx Bas, that opened up the water pipe again

I've made that vid at the first Niederhein driftday that fernando organised. It's his fault i'm drifting now a days

Talking about drifting. As he is very loved in that scene, the xtremedrift crew has a driftshow to be attent this weekend. And they have let me know that they will show their respect by drifting the show with a black ribbon on the antenna's and they might also made stickers

Also check these mayor dutch drift sites.
    This is THE photo site www.driftreport.nl
    www.xtremedrift.com
    www.nldriftseries.nl

Rides
    So sad to hear about this tragic accident

Both me and Sharon remember Fernando from JAE 2005, the yard of ale competition, 30+ people outside our tent until after 4.00am......

The big smiling guy will be both missed and remembered for years to come.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo joe View Post
    Thanx Bas, that opened up the water pipe again

I've made that vid at the first Niederhein driftday that fernando organised. It's his fault i'm drifting now a days

Talking about drifting. As he is very loved in that scene, the xtremedrift crew has a driftshow to be attent this weekend. And they have let me know that they will show their respect by drifting the show with a black ribbon on the antenna's and they might also made stickers

Also check these mayor dutch drift sites.
    This is THE photo site www.driftreport.nl
    www.xtremedrift.com
    www.nldriftseries.nl
    Could you translate the driftreport site for us Joe

Rides
    I'm talking to Ken and have allready said that as long as you take your own sleeping stuff with you that our house is open to spend the night.

I've also asked the family if it was ok for you guys to come. I'm waiting for fernando's sister to answer that question. But i personaly think they would appriciate it.

So i'll keep you guys updated.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Could you translate the driftreport site for us Joe

english

26-07-2006
    A sad message has arrived us today. Fernando Gerts has died in a tragic car accident at the age of 26.

Fernando was well known in the driftworld under the name kamikaze[EEND]je

He was a great example for the driftsport. He has organised several driftevents on the RDW Circuit in Lelystad and on the german Niederrhein. On these events many beginners and advanced drifters attended and left the course with a great fealing.

As truckdriver he also made several transports for many driftcars to other country's. And as a drifter he had great skills.

Fernando was a respected drifter and had a great personality. He was always in for a chat. Even when his big ends went, Fernando would still talk to you.
    Everyone could get allong with him and he gained much respect.

We wish the family and friends all the best in these hard times.

Regards, the driftreport team

Fernando Gerts (Chimay 2006)

Driftreport will keep the site like this untill after the cremation if i'm correct.

Rides
    english

Driftreport will keep the site like this untill after the cremation if i'm correct.
    Thank you Joe

Rides
    RIP Fernando Gerts

Rides
    A few of us were down the pub talking over the highlights of JAE (Mooby-dick, Sideways Walliams).

I made a point at the first round, first sip, to bring us all back down to earth and toast Fernando.

Long live the your memory big guy!

(I still cant f**king believe it)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
    So sad to hear about this tragic accident

Both me and Sharon remember Fernando from JAE 2005, the yard of ale competition, 30+ people outside our tent until after 4.00am......

The big smiling guy will be both missed and remembered for years to come.
    Wasnt that 2004? The last year at bIling when I stayed on Sunday night too and did a round up 'round the campfire' in my own immitable style introducing everyone to everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    I thought Matt_S invented SXOC
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI View Post
    Matt_S is the SXOC. They're the same entity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty2Fatty View Post
    Some say that he remembers when the whole planet was just a field & that his body is held together with cable ties and duct tape, all we know is, he's Matt_S

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez View Post
    A few of us were down the pub talking over the highlights of JAE (Mooby-dick, Sideways Walliams).

I made a point at the first round, first sip, to bring us all back down to earth and toast Fernando.

Long live the your memory big guy!

(I still cant f**king believe it)
    glasses were raised

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    He was a top bloke; a real gentleman - he's been at every JAE I've been to. Gutted that I didn't speak to him all that much this weekend
    We missed this JAE but I remember him last year, he went out of his way to speak to us when others didn't .. really nice guy.. damn shame RIP
    Last edited by The Artist; 25-07-2007 at 00:38.

Rides
    I'm talking to Ken and have allready said that as long as you take your own sleeping stuff with you that our house is open to spend the night.

I've also asked the family if it was ok for you guys to come. I'm waiting for fernando's sister to answer that question. But i personaly think they would appriciate it.

So i'll keep you guys updated.
    waiting with baited breath, I hope if this is possible then there will be as many cars as possible going. I know money may be tight for many, it will be for me, but If I have this opportunity I'll make it happen. I hope we can make a special send-off for a very special person

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Do you know who I am??!!! View Post
    Wasnt that 2004? The last year at bIling when I stayed on Sunday night too and did a round up 'round the campfire' in my own immitable style introducing everyone to everyone?
    i think it was matt, bloody cracking night it was too