Thread: UK dash trim kits!!!

Rides

UK dash trim kits!!!

ok i managed to find a UK site for dash kits
    www.nicenewcar.co.uk/parts/dash-trim-kits.html
    i was a bit confused tho cuz the kit for the 200sx 1995-2001, in the description it said for the 300zx, anyway i emailed them and they sent me the diagram for that kit and it is the right one, its £169 all in and this is wat you get

ime ordering one tonight so soon as it gets here "maybe 2 weeks" ile let yall no what its like

Rides
    £170 for some stick on vinyl?

no offense, but stick on interior bits usually remind me of a 17y/o who has just bought his first clio and wants to make it look 'sporty'

Rides
    hehe man i wish i was 17 LOL

see my dash has already got the wood effect kit on it, not the vinyl sticky back but the plastic moulded type, and its been repaired and stuff and looks naff, i taken some off and its gonna be hard to clean up, so the easy option is to get some more moulded dash ready to stick on, so it aint £170 for vinyl "could get vinyl for £22, not that i checked LOL" but for propper moulded plastic, only other option would be to get new dash parts to replace the naff ones and that wont be cheap either...
    anyway ime getting some and hopefully take me back to my youth

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BONEZ007 View Post

see my dash has already got the wood effect kit on it, not the vinyl sticky back but the plastic moulded type, and its been repaired and stuff and looks naff, i taken some off and its gonna be hard to clean up, so the easy option is to get some more moulded dash ready to stick on, so it aint £170 for vinyl "could get vinyl for £22, not that i checked LOL" but for propper moulded plastic, only other option would be to get new dash parts to replace the naff ones and that wont be cheap either...

I would just spray it, black, or a decent coluor.

Rides

if its the actual moulded plastic, then thats not as bad.. could have sworn i read stick on somewhere though?

imo, it might be a little trickier, but it'l be a hell of a lot cheaper and fit will be perfect if you have a look through the breakers section and try and bag some interior bits from some people in there? might be worth a look?

ps. i think we all wish we were 17 again lol

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (Northampton)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzomagic View Post
    I would just spray it, black, or a decent coluor.
    Or buy used bits out of a breaker; should be much cheaper than £170

DOH! beaten by Tej

Rides
    nah man stick on vinyl sheets aint worthy of a 200sx "leave it to the corsa's" LOL

yeah i checked out the breakers local to me "west mids" but they aint got nothing in, and my dash looks real naff, so i just thought its the easiest way of getting it sorted, these dash kits kits look real good tho, like if the one already in mine was in good condition "and not wood effect" it would be ok, see it gives the dash a bulky 3d effect, not to everyones taste for sure but maybe i still got a bit of boyracer in me

Rides
    fella, ive actualy bought that same kit but i got it from the US. and i have to say althought the quality is superb (its carbon effect viynal which then goes throw a process called dombing) this gives it a convex effect and looks really good, then its printed on very high quality viynal called 3M which is approx 2-3mm thick so no.......its not just sticky viynal

BUT many of the peices just werent correct and out of the 20 peices only 10 fitted neatly and 5 parts were just pointless.

im currentley in talks to try and produce a much better fitted 10 peice kit which will hopfully be around £99.

hope thats helped a bit
    Last edited by d1 rwd; 25-06-2007 at 16:16.

Rides
    nah man stick on vinyl sheets aint worthy of a 200sx "leave it to the corsa's" LOL

yeah i checked out the breakers local to me "west mids" but they aint got nothing in, and my dash looks real naff, so i just thought its the easiest way of getting it sorted, these dash kits kits look real good tho, like if the one already in mine was in good condition "and not wood effect" it would be ok, see it gives the dash a bulky 3d effect, not to everyones taste for sure but maybe i still got a bit of boyracer in me
    Just post a thread in the "wanted section" and wait for the offers to come "flooding in"

Rides
    yeah a good response

so d1 rwd any chance of a pic
    yeah i thought a couple wouldnt fit, like the overhead light and glove box bit, but you say only 10 of yours was ok, hmmmm and you say it was the same kit? could you let me no which ones did fit then pls, cuz i aint gonna pay that much if only half fits, cheers mate

Rides
    i dont have any pics cos i havnt fitted it yet becuase i sent some parts out as samples to have the kit made properly.

what didnt fit

im guessing my kit is gonna take around 1-2 months to start getting it produced

Rides
    damn man

ok so now ime put off by the idea,like i said before i thought a couple wouldnt fit, but if half dont fit thats £17 per piece
    oh well looks like ime gonna have to put up with my nasty lookin wood effect for a bit, so off to the wanted section i go LOL

nice one mate, let me no when ya get your kit up and running, just might invest

Rides
    pop into halfords.. its a little pricey for what it is, but iirc its about £15 for their foliatec interior spray made precisely for this sort of stuff

Rides
    I can imagine that that kit is going to be horrific in fit and looks.

Rides
    ok so with this spray, you just sand the plastic down and spray on and thats it, you dont need to put a finish or anything on it?

Rides
    I bought a set of this stuff off ebay ages ago, to try and de-bland the sx interior. Not all of it fits (yes,its for a rhd car too!) and it looks like stick on carbon fibre of the cheapest order....still on there though, but the door switch bit negates the window lock, so i had to butcher it a bit.
    I'll try and get some pics at some point...

Rides
    yeah would be good if ya can get some pics on here mate

Rides
    Mine had the wood effect bits added when I bought it but whoever fitted it used superglue on the centre console and snapped the fittings for the ashtray. As a result after taking them off I have a glue stained centre console & knackered ashtray.

Rides
    lol same here mate ive tried to get the glue of but got no chance, so now ime trying to get decent plastics and ime spraying them up "gloss black" ive done a few bits and its lookin ok, just waitin now to get the other plastics to finish off "damn wood effect"