Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What A Mess! = Rebuild time!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    Yeah mate this is some really great work and im glad its still making progress, i bet you can't wait to get it on the road.
    Yeah looking forward to taking it around the block, from moving it around the drive it feels like a brand new car, light clutch sharp brakes etc, hopefully all the bush upgrades will count towards some thing.

Rides
    Now the legalities have been sorted with the DVLA its time to wave good bye to the original blue car. Shame to see it go like this but it wasn't safe for anyone to drive.... plus we did do a good job of borrowing bits off it

Rides
    Well another year and a half has past.... and low and behold its finally on the road!!!!

I think that makes a total of 8 and a half years from buying it, rebuilding it and driving it for the first time ever!

I've had a spare 4 weeks so thought I'd go all out on the 200.. I sold my Impreza RA to fund things but it was need to be done. It went for an MOT and passed with flying colours, so my dad used it here and there for a week to make sure nothing major went wrong!

And for me there's no better maiden voyage than a 150 mile trip to Devon... all was fin until 50 miles down the road my front n/s tyre blew out, (one of the only things I hadn't replaced, typical!)

So I did the remaining 100 miles with the space saver on, at 50mph... so annoying but I just wanted to get home. I had every possible spare in the boot and back which didnt help matters, lucky the Mrs was there to lend a hand and take some of the crap with her!

So I treated it to some Bridgestone S02'S this week.

Rides
    There's still some fine tuning to be done, like side skirts, splitter and some niggly little issues, plus the PAS pulley jammed up today so I've got to sort that as well...

Rides
    Fixed up and fitted the front splitter, it has a crack in the center so I made up a bracket to hold it steady.

Rides
    Next is the side skirts, the only problem I have is that the rear holes have been filled in plus I don't have any of the original fixings (centre or bottom) to hand... a bit stuck on what to do, I did wonder whether I could use mastic to hold them on??

Any one else had this issue?

Rides