Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What A Mess! = Rebuild time!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    This really is a massive project looking good
    Thank you very much! Thats probably why its taking a massive amount of time, over 2 years now! Only get Saturdays so its slow going.

Rides
    May be taking a long time but the job is looking excellent and well worth the effort.

Rides
    Well done for the effort on this, looks like a huge task!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by avinall View Post

Made a start by fitting the reconditioned 300zx calipers, new hard lines and goodridge braided hoses.

Is it me or should those be flexi lines as they move when steering???

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by muttley View Post
    Is it me or should those be flexi lines as they move when steering???
    look at the way the caliper bolts up.. its only the part with the flexi hose that moves... besides on a standard car that part is solid also and where he has fitted the flexi would be rubber

Rides
    Wey Hey! After my topic was closed due to inactivity - shows you how long its been! The kind admin team re opened it!

Watch this space, I'll be updating very soon with pics of the lastest progress, all be it 2 years 6 months later down the line! (Buying a house put a stop to every thing! - that was anoter project all together!!)

Oh and I spotted a thread called 'the longest rebuild thread ever' - Dont mean to poke fun but I think Ive got a few months on ya! hehehe :-P

Rides
    Just read this back to back... dont be long with that update mate!

Rides
    Since my last up load Ive gone through a phone or two so most of the other photos I will have to dig out of the cupboard. But to bring you up to speed with the current state of play:

The rear inner sills which include a thread to take the subframe brakets were rotten. Took a while but dad fabricated some new ones (as you do) and welded them in, only have a pic of the finished article but will try to find some 'in progress' shots later!

Rides
    After the welding was finished off got some paint on the bottom, satin black, re fitted the fule tank, break lines and fule lines. The fule lines were corroded near the ends so replaced the manky bit with braided lines.

I also needed a replacement steering rack pipe, no one could fabricate one up as its a funny sized pipe, so went to Nissan who informed me there were none in the country, nor Europe so had to wait for it to turn up from Japan! So I had to wait 7 weeks! lol

Just gt to watch it when putting the gear box back in as this is how the last owner bent the old one.

You can also see that the ABR's are now in place but no 100% properly fitted, I'll wait until last minute to sort them out once its back together.

Rides

I've done some thing!

Well after saying Id up date things back in January, I finally got around to doing some thing today...

Got a few more heat shields fitted, the hand brake cables and sprayed inside black where you would of been able to see red .... (hopefully the car will be silver one day!)

Rides
    Also sorted the gear box so its near enough to being fitted back onto the car. Replaced a seal, and had a general tidy up.

Rides
    Does any one know what this is for? I know it sits on the floor behind the hand brake, but not sure what its purpose is?

Cheers

Rides
    Its for the nats alarm There is a bit missing where that hole is

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Its for the nats alarm There is a bit missing where that hole is
    Thank you v much, just need to figure out which this one came out off... :s unless they are interchangable??

Rides
    mate this is a good build just read this through, also noticed your exhaust is on ebay and was worried id get to the end and you would have given up
    keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Well I fitted all new nats stuff when I got my car and I left the Mw box in with a few other things and it works perfect so I would say its find to just change it. I'm only going by what i did so I can't promise it will work. Might be worth asking vidal

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LED sandwich View Post
    mate this is a good build just read this through, also noticed your exhaust is on ebay and was worried id get to the end and you would have given up
    keep up the good work
    Thanks very much! Yeah selling the HKS due to needing the money to buy paint, but no not giving up... Just yet anyway, it's only been going for 5 and a half years lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -ghost- View Post
    Well I fitted all new nats stuff when I got my car and I left the Mw box in with a few other things and it works perfect so I would say its find to just change it. I'm only going by what i did so I can't promise it will work. Might be worth asking vidal
    That's cool to know, I think I've cracked which ones which, the original is in better condition anyway so it should all be the same

Rides
    Got it back on the ground ready for the rear sub frame to be fitted...

Rides
    Put the rear sub frame back on, went straight on which is good considering the welding which was done to fix the nuts in the body which sheered off. Looks nice and clean now

Fitted the shot blasted and powder coated support brackets...

Also replaced the two rear diff bushes which can be seen here whith the sub frame fitted