Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 384 bhp/392lbft S14a...

Rides
    Up for an amazing car (as a note I could have brought this car for the price I paid for Ian's car and the small no of extra bit I have put on)

This IS a cracking deal

Rides

Rides
    If you're going to nose around S13s costing £4500 by the time you have ironed out all the faults and spent nearer £6000, you might as well have just kept yours!

Rides
    I know, i shouldn't be nosing around anything that has a turbo on it. I just hate it sat there. It gets started up everynow and again, slowly driven up and down the drive a few times to work everything and then shut down again. Such a waste...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly F View Post
    I know, i shouldn't be nosing around anything that has a turbo on it. I just hate it sat there. It gets started up everynow and again, slowly driven up and down the drive a few times to work everything and then shut down again. Such a waste...
    I know just that feeling

Ive used mine two lots of 6month and thats it in 3 years.

J I would keep it and enter time attack if I was you as you have just got it the way you wanted it.

Rides
    I really don't want to spend anymore money on it. I'm done and don't have the spare money now with my place. Its just not an option...

Rides
    I can't believe noone has bought your car yet Jolly. I am honestly gutted for you.

My wife thinks the car is awesome (as do I). If it's still for sale in a year then me might get it instead of a skyline

Oh my.. just seen the seriously low price as well. Jolly, you must be gutted to be selling this car

Matthew
    Last edited by Scougar; 07-08-2007 at 15:49.

Rides
    I checked the mileage last night and its 76900 miles not 78000 miles. I'm currently working on a list of costs to break it as i can't see it being bought. I can't see whats putting people off unless they know something i don't!!??

Rides
    I checked the mileage last night and its 76900 miles not 78000 miles. I'm currently working on a list of costs to break it as i can't see it being bought. I can't see whats putting people off unless they know something i don't!!??
    I'm having the same trouble with my car. No one wants to buy it whole but everyone wants parts from it.

I think its just that people don't have that much money at the moment, or the way they are thinking is its a lot for a car (without thinking about why its worth that much).
    bovvered?

Rides
    BUMP on an awsome car!!

I'm looking for another one - but its out of my price range

Rides
    Thanks although i believe i have lost hope of selling it in one piece...

Rides
    Good stuff.

Hope it all works out for you fella

Rides
    Thanks although i believe i have lost hope of selling it in one piece...
    You could sell bits in exchange for stock bits, as sell it as a stock s14a on autotrader for 4.5K and prob get 8k+ for the bits. A good APT engine full of tomei and other goodies got to be worth a hefty sum alone.

Im sure board members would help you swap bits over. I can do probably about 40% of the jobs now and am prepared to help.

Rides
    I'll give you a hand as well Jolly if you need it

Rides
    Cheers guys, i may take you up on that. Its just stupid that someone will spend 5 or 6K on a lighty modded car and continue to spend so much more when my car is sat there with so much to offer for good money. Or is it still too expensive!!??

Rides
    Its not too expensive its actually too cheap IMO, its ferrari for a daewoo matress type cheap.

Just no market for it, the japanese sports car market is all about buying a very old car for 5-10 grand and then spending all ur salary on it for the next 3 years to maybe get it working again, it doesnt dawn on many to maybe get a car 30 grand down the food chain. If cars like this existed for sale 3 years ago when i started plumbing a grand a month into my car, then id be a much richer guy.

Im surprised no body has offered to part ex a standard good s14a plus maybe 4.5K to save themselves a caboodle, though.

Rides
    I can't say I've ever fitted anything to my car with the hopes of increasing its value. I don't think its ever worked like that.

It is a lovely car though, I remember looking round it at one of the Reading meets. It would be nice to sell it as it is but you'd probably get a fair amount of money back if you returned it to standard. There's a few things I'd have anyway.

Rides
    http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread...45#post3464545

This just about explains everything, 16 out of the 19 peeps that phoned want a stock car!

Sorry about my post was complaining about a guy that came on just to talk the price down with absolutly no interest in buying said item (my pet peave)

Rides
    Awesome car

But it's not all just about the money saved when buying a modded car. I mod for the sheer pleasure and individuality of it all. If I had £10k for a vehicle, I would buy £10k of standard whatever, then start modding that.

Putting it back to a mildly-modded state is the best idea if you're itching for a sale, unfortunately

Rides
    Theres always stuff to do to a car though so the modding never stops, you just end up with a better car this way...

I did used to say the same thing but learnt the hard way and wish i could have bought something like this and saves serious money. Each to their own though.