Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1070

Thread: New parts fitted......

Rides
    What tyres did it run that couldnt take the power and what width? Are the RSRs now laying down the power ok?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Colwell View Post
    Trial fit.........

How much was it to get this done coz I think the turbo looks amazing like this great cat mate

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    What tyres did it run that couldnt take the power and what width? Are the RSRs now laying down the power ok?
    255/35 Toyo T1R previously. We'll see how he gets on with the RSRs on 17th March
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 29-02-2012 at 11:31.

Rides
    Cars looking awesome James, saw it at Garys after the arches had been done

Rides
    Agree with Bren, you really want to be running R888s or something similar. Had R888's in a 255/35/18 profile on mine when I was running 435hp and in the summer, with both the tyres and road warm, I could give it foot to the floor action in 1st gear with no wheel spin! Checked this by looking in the TC log for slip. Granted that in cold conditions it would still wheelspin a lot, but with cars this powerful you do need to pay attention to smaller things like road temp and getting your tyres warm, before you can really put your foot down and expect good traction.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    What width is your rear wheel 9.5J or 10J??

The new arch looks really good. Nice factory look to it.

That looks awesome. I know that would be mega expensive to buy one of those buy how difficult is it to make a carbon fibre tube compared with making flat carbon fibre.

Are you going to move onto to do your intercooler pipe work as well .
    I had to make a mould to get the correct bend so it took a little while but I can obviouosly make more if I manage to damage this one. Wont bother with the intercooler pipe work as that see's pressure and carbon at the best of times can have the habbot of being porous which is not ideal for boost pipes.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    I was running Toyo T1 R's or are they T1 S's but full on road tyres. They were 255 at the rear. I agree I really should have looked at a R888 or somethign similar but Ben had good results with the Federal RSR and they are good money so thought we would give them a whirl. So far on lower settings it just gets on with it but I havent wound it up yet with th new tyres, this weekend I will give it a proper go. They certainly feel like they have made a huge differance so far.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jk 200sx View Post
    How much was it to get this done coz I think the turbo looks amazing like this great cat mate
    Its a Mazworx manifold, they have prices on their site for various kits and options.

Rides
    Quick couple of pics from the weekend....

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Colwell View Post
    Its a Mazworx manifold, they have prices on their site for various kits and options.
    Cheers mate car is looking ace

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Any more news on this car? It's epic.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Any more news on this car? It's epic.
    I think he's having too much fun in his M3...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Shame Knew he hadn't been on here but was hoping the project was still ongoing.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Hopefully this wins an award for oldest thread revival. But as i am now the very proud owner of James car. I thought it only right to continue on from his build thread. Maybe some of you will enjoy seeing the cars revival and then its progression. Got some updates and pics coming this weekend.
    Last edited by colchester daz; 12-01-2024 at 08:59.

Rides
    crikey - be great to see some new photos of it - I remember this one
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by colchester daz View Post
    Hopefully this wins an award for oldest thread revival. But as i am now the very proud owners of James car. I thought it only right to continue on from his build thread. Maybe some of you enjoy seeing the cars revival and then its progression. Got some updates and pics coming this weekend.
    What are you gonna do with it Daz, apart from remove the chin marks from the steering wheel?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Its been sat for 10 years, so firstly just go through the car make sure everything is ok.
    Ive got the engine running again and everything's sweet. Needed new Fuel pump, fuel lines and seals around the fuel filter housing, nothing major.

For the time being its going to be restoration work, cleaning things up, powder coating etc. Ultimately i would love to get a modern engine management system on the car, see if we can get some more power safely. As long as i beat Ben Taylor on the next 30-130 ill be happy. lol

Rides
    I look forward to the pics.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by colchester daz View Post
    As long as i beat Ben Taylor on the next 30-130 ill be happy. lol
    So the car is going back to what it was originally built for then?
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Glad it’s gone to a good home. Keep us updated.