Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '93 RS13...again (none-starter) Half price!

Rides

'93 RS13...again (none-starter) Half price!

As some of you may know, I put my SX up for sale mid-February and then decided I couldnt do it despite being offered the £3k by various people. At the time I thought I had an ECU issue which was causing overfuelling, and I was simply going to buy a new ECU/chip and take it to Jez for mapping, then keep it.

The previous 'for sale' thread can be found here.

Unfortunately, this wasnt to be. I took it to a mechanic for an oil change and a general overhaul, and he asked if he could carry out a compression test. The results were as follows:

Number 1 - 0PSI (or rather it didnt register)
    Number 2 - 80PSI
    Number 3 - 80PSI
    Number 4 - 70PSI

The problem has been diagnosed as inlet valves, which are seemingly problematic on '93 CAs. I must point out at this stage that when I described the symptoms on here prior to the test, several people also diagnosed the problem as that. With regards to the number 1 cylinder, he reckons that part of the head gasket has perished, although there are none of the usual symptoms (white smoke/mayonnaise under oil filler cap).

To reslove the problem, the mechanic recommended either a new cylinder head, or rebuilding mine. Unfortunately, hes the only mechanic I trust, and he was going to charge me £800 all in (oil change/filter etc included, labour, new valves/springs, skimmed head etc), but couldnt do it due to time constraints for at least 2 months. This presents me with a problem as my brothers wedding comes up soon in the Lakes, and I need a working car by then. With that in mind, my SX has to go.

The original asking price was £3000. Im now reducing it to half price at £1500, as this only needs a replacement head to be an absolutely mint Stage 2 RS13. (Try the breakers section to see how cheap these go for). Obviously the car needs towing/trailering.

As an update on the previous thread:

-The rear tyre which was punctured ( 225/40/18) has now been replaced with a BRAND NEW Pirelli P-Zero Rosso. The tyre has covered 4 miles which was to take it to the mechanics garage.

-One of the spark plugs has snapped. Since the last thread, I bought a set of four champion iridium plugs. I must stress that I didnt overtighten them, but when the mechanic took them out to test the coils/plugs, found that one had snapped.

-Ive put on a new calcium battery, still with guarantee. This isnt a stock Nissan 200SX battery, but a smaller OEM battery from another car to fit on the tray, as the hosing for the Saab fmic gets in the way otherwise.

-Ive bought Apex engine and gearbox mounts to replace the worn OEM items at a cost of £129. They are still in the box, covered in bubblewrap, with the receipt attached. Ill throw these in for an extra £50 if I get the full price.

I want to sell the car as a whole. If the car doesnt sell after a month or so, Ill be breaking it in bits. For what its worth, if you were to buy the car in full and then break it yourself, youd make more than the £1500 Im asking going on average SXOC prices for parts.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully Ill return to the SX fold sometime soon.

This car has NO rust! It has been used as a demo car for a business I was trying to set up, and as a result had to be pristine.

If you would like more pics, please ask. I have hundreds.

£1500 ono
    Last edited by Garrett_T25; 23-03-2007 at 15:54.

Rides
    If only you were closer ..............Unless you can deliver it to me!

Rides
    couple this bargin with the rb26 dett conversion package for sale in parts and you would have a right weapon for just 4.5k

Rides
    Stunning car, can't believe you are gonna sell!

Rides
    i suppose this is all the way up in scotland...

to far for me atm, hope my quad actually sells now (had a buyer and then the clutch broke ), would be at your doorstep though if i had the cash now

Rides
    Argh, if only I could sort picking this up personally... But I need help and they'd skin me alive if they found out I'd be buying another car

Rides

Rides
    This could be just what I am looking for.

YHM

Would like to come and take a look this weekend.

Rides
    Scoot, YHPM back mate

couple this bargin with the rb26 dett conversion package for sale in parts and you would have a right weapon for just 4.5k
    Ive already bollocked my brother about that, I would have loved that. If he ever has another wedding, he can make it more convenient next time!

Edit - For the people who dont know where Pontefract is, its in West Yorkshire. About 13 miles down the M62 from Leeds. (Look up the Xscape leisure complex Junction 32, Im about 2-3 miles way)

Also, dont necessarily be put off by needing it picking up. For a small extra fee, I may be able to arrange delivery to your door, my partners dad may be able to get hold of a flatbed
    Last edited by Garrett_T25; 23-03-2007 at 22:42.

Rides
    Hi. nice car Garrett, just wondering if you have any normal run of the mill pictures of the car and not beauty shots of how it looks now and how much would you charge to deliver the car around the london area?

thanks mate.

Rides
    Hi mate, glad you like her. I do have some 'normal' photos on my PC at home, for now heres a few more taken at Hull:

As for delivery, Im still trying to check if we can actually do it. Ill find out a price off my partners dad, as he would be driving.

Rides
    Its looking like this is sold. Thanks for the interest everyone.

Rides
    did it sell mate

Rides
    It did indeed

Banned
    Rides
    Just a note to all.... looks can be decieving. The car has had a huge shunt on the back end at some point and the battery tray and half the inner wing was none existant. Paint work is sxxt and three tyres fxxxxd.

Worth £1500 but someone would have cried for days if they had paid £3000

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I'd like to thank the above gentleman for the above constructive post.......

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubix_Cube View Post
    I'd like to thank the above gentleman for the above constructive post.......

He bought it, IIRC...

Rides

Rides
    I wanted this car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycsx View Post
    Just a note to all.... looks can be decieving. The car has had a huge shunt on the back end at some point and the battery tray and half the inner wing was none existant. Paint work is sxxt and three tyres fxxxxd.

Worth £1500 but someone would have cried for days if they had paid £3000
    It looks nice but no-one would have paid 3K surely?