Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Attack: Prepare for Battle

Rides
    very cool! job well done!

Rides
    Mission scussesfull!
    17th out of an entry list of 35, 30 or which got on the track and 26 that manged to put in a time in the club final

HUGE thanks too SM, Marty_T3, Bren/Apex, Graham/DCMS, Maff, Nismo Pete and all the other SXOC members that managed to get me to the starting line.

Proper club effort that was.

Took an all nighter on Friday night to get the car ready. Left Marty's at about 4amish. Went home, had a shower, packed camping gear and drove to Donnington. Was on track at 9amish doing 1:27s!

I was surprised how slow some of the other cars were (some of them were very fast) in the practise sessions. It was also quite fun as we were almost racing rather then my usual polite self on trackdays. Over taking in to craners was fun but I didnt want to loose touch with SM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5iXC_XlcI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rwbZlGm2Ik

Was keeping up with SM until the final where he managed to find over 2 secs from within him self. I equalled his best time before that in my final run. My best up to that point had been a 1:26 dead and I wanted to get into the 25s. The pressure of the lap seem to make me go conservative (while the opposite with SM) and I thought i had messed it up. As I had not maxed out a few corners (including taking craner waaaaay to tight). Hence why I was hammering the car on what was meant to be the cool down lap and I was pissed off.
    Then on the way in to the pits I looked at the performance box to see what I had done and I thought i could see a 1:25. I then had a fight with my harness to try and get a closer look and it was Turns out I had done a 1:25.703, 0.004 faster than a R32 GTR! Heh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGrFQkqhCKA

One thing the was annoying was as I was sat in the pits waiting to go out some of the other cars I had been battling with put in way fast times. It then dawned on me that they had cranked up the boost for those runs. Something my poor old T25 just is not capable of doing. That was a bit frustrating. Think I need more power... some how.

First thing to do it to get the car working properly again.
    I thought id broken the sunroof but that just turned out that the bolts had rattled free.
    Ive done yet another rosebush in, need to find which one.
    I now have not syncro mesh on 3rd or 4th probably from my bad attempts at trying to heal and toe at too higher revs. :E Time to learn how to build gear boxes.
    Also need to rebuilt the prototype splitter in something better the 6mm interior ply... as it didnt take too well to bollards It also need skid plates or something as I keep generating sparks on the road!

Time to make some more plans for Round 2 and really try not to leave it to the last second.... pfft

Rides
    Great effort!!

Nice to see an S13 being faster then some higher powered cars, with mostly aero and weightloss

Maybe when you get the power up to stage 2 and you'll be in the top 10?

Rides
    Well done.

Kev is bound to drop a couple of seconds when Bren sells his gearbox

Rides
    Id love to get into the top 10 to get some points but I fear it will take more than stage 2 power to get there.

I dont think SM will get slower because of a stock gear box... but it might go bang and then he wont be going anywhere at all!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Mission scussesfull!
    17th out of an entry list of 35, 30 or which got on the track and 26 that manged to put in a time in the club final

HUGE thanks too SM, Marty_T3, Bren/Apex, Graham/DCMS, Maff, Nismo Pete and all the other SXOC members that managed to get me to the starting line.

Proper club effort that was.

Took an all nighter on Friday night to get the car ready. Left Marty's at about 4amish. Went home, had a shower, packed camping gear and drove to Donnington. Was on track at 9amish doing 1:27s!

I was surprised how slow some of the other cars were (some of them were very fast) in the practise sessions. It was also quite fun as we were almost racing rather then my usual polite self on trackdays. Over taking in to craners was fun but I didnt want to loose touch with SM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5iXC_XlcI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rwbZlGm2Ik

Was keeping up with SM until the final where he managed to find over 2 secs from within him self. I equalled his best time before that in my final run. My best up to that point had been a 1:26 dead and I wanted to get into the 25s. The pressure of the lap seem to make me go conservative (while the opposite with SM) and I thought i had messed it up. As I had not maxed out a few corners (including taking craner waaaaay to tight). Hence why I was hammering the car on what was meant to be the cool down lap and I was pissed off.
    Then on the way in to the pits I looked at the performance box to see what I had done and I thought i could see a 1:25. I then had a fight with my harness to try and get a closer look and it was Turns out I had done a 1:25.703, 0.004 faster than a R32 GTR! Heh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGrFQkqhCKA

One thing the was annoying was as I was sat in the pits waiting to go out some of the other cars I had been battling with put in way fast times. It then dawned on me that they had cranked up the boost for those runs. Something my poor old T25 just is not capable of doing. That was a bit frustrating. Think I need more power... some how.

First thing to do it to get the car working properly again.
    I thought id broken the sunroof but that just turned out that the bolts had rattled free.
    Ive done yet another rosebush in, need to find which one.
    I now have not syncro mesh on 3rd or 4th probably from my bad attempts at trying to heal and toe at too higher revs. :E Time to learn how to build gear boxes.
    Also need to rebuilt the prototype splitter in something better the 6mm interior ply... as it didnt take too well to bollards It also need skid plates or something as I keep generating sparks on the road!

Time to make some more plans for Round 2 and really try not to leave it to the last second.... pfft

cant put enough and down to express how well you did

absolutely fantastic mate

if you ever need a hand gimme a shout
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Some great driving there, love the way the two of you stick together carving your way through the field, especially round the outside of that subaru coming down through hollywood and leaving you well offline for craner curves.

Rides
    simply superb driving there yak, truly stunning.

Rides
    Just watched the vids.
    I take back everything I've ever said while you weren't listening. You're both pretty damn good
    (certainly made the Subarus look silly )

Rides
    That's an excellent first race, congratulations mate! Be very proud of yourself

Rides
    Shroom prototype I.

Had to take it off before I destroyed ti on the road and so I could get on the rollers at TEG at the weekend. So I thought id get some shots of it so you can see how much work went into it and why it took soooo long to make!

Not the window and strengthening we had to make for the aint roll var to drop through when under compression. Really I want some shorter drop links for roll center adjustment on the front so it does not drop down so far and there is no need for the window.

And other reason I needed to take it off is it made getting on and off my drive a bit tricky! lol

Rides
    Looks good Got a shot from underneath, how warn away did it get?

Rides
    Yak I like the splitter, looks like a shed load of effort has gone into getting it to fit and stay in place!

In 4 weeks I'll be graduating and won't have a job to go straight in to so I'll get started on making one for our S14.... I'll have to see how easy it it to get it all made up in the flash materials I want to use and if it's not too difficult to do then look at doing an S13 version as it should be a fair bit lighter than the ply and I should be able to put more detail in to improve it's effectiveness because of not being limited to 2D when using composites.

Have you been able to get it near a set of scales by any chance? I'd be very interested to see what it weighs

Rides
    Preparations for the next round starting already

Engine out for ease of adding new bits

1 Yak powered S13 (looking like a right tool (Yak))

Nice clean and shiny engine due to being...

...ed all over

The engine removal went resonably smoothly except for the creation of the gearbox viod of DOOM!

Rides
    We have removed the sump to discover that it had been removed before maybe thats why Yaks S13 @ 110K hasnt needed big ends doing .... it had 63K on when he got it which is a tad low for BE replacement. We now have the BE sizes to get them ordered from Nissan and depending on lead time depends on if we do them before putting the engine back in.

We are just cleaning up the engine bay with some jizzer action and that will be it for today.

As the lowest power member of "Team Apex" and still doing very well it will be nice to see what sort of improvement there will be at Silverstone with a GT28R, siny turbo elbow (now test fitted and all looks good, pics in Apex section next week).

Was very funny with the engine half way out last night to wonder why it wouldnt come any further .... to find the gear nob was still on the car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marty_t3 View Post

...ed all over
    Jizzing on your engine bay works wonders

Last edited by SM; 22-04-2007 at 19:47.

Rides
    looking good guys

ill get them injectors in the post monday
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Looks like a great team bond there guys, well done Some great snaps, and a big 'well done' to Apex as well for supporting the boys

Yak, I don't know why... and I never thought I'd say it, but those S14 rims looks very cool on your car

Rich

Rides
    looks like a good effort there chaps...

good to hear you're finally moving up the turbo scale... been long enough wringing the neck of that poor t25
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Well done Yak (230bhp ) and Kev