Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Attack: Prepare for Battle

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Also by the time I was driving back the steering judder seems to have gone but thats all good.
    Told you it was just air

Rides
    Yep, it appears it was just air that had got in some where. Still got a nocking that is quite clear from the left front when going over bumps at low speed but I cant find where that is coming from.

Bit of an update though. Went down to norfolk to pick up SMs car from APT and give both of our cars a shake down at Snetterton on the monday. On sunday we had a few jobs. Mine was to work on a prototype splitter. It took a while just to get some ply under the car....

And then cut to the shape of the front bumper. As it was only attached at the rear to the subframe and needed the rest of the mounting points fabricated up we descided to finish it after the trackday. Still It look fairly good and its small enough to fit in the boot.... just!

Rides
    you going to make the front splitter out of FRP or plastic?

Rides
    At the moment its 6mm interior ply Not sure what the non prototype will be made out of.

Rides
    At the moment its 6mm interior ply Not sure what the non prototype will be made out of.
    Take it off, dip it in resin - job done

Rides
    I have a feeling with my tendancy at kirb monstering that it might become a service item

Rides
    looks good yak - how are you going to secure it at the front? and are you adding little winglets at the side?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    No winglets, but I do have some threaded bar that im going to try and attach through to the bumper support bar and Ive got a load of alloy angle bar that im going to try and make up some frame work behind the bumper.. just need to get hold of another facelift splitter...

Rides
    I have a feeling with my tendancy at kirb monstering that it might become a service item
    Might be worth making a template then

Rides
    THE SHROOM!

Rides
    A busy and finally productive weekend. Had a slow start on Saturday due to a party on Friday night and not a lot of sleep. So made daft choice about what to do. Like getting my bumper back on the 200 so i could take wheels to change tyres, then realise i wouldn't have enough to time to do them all so just took a few (which meant i didnt need to put the bumper of as i could have used the panda). Then went to borrow and arch roller (for wheels that now was not going to have time to change tyres on ) and then end up so late not change any tyres at all!

So got home, took bumper off AGAIN and started rubbing it down to get the lacquer off. Gave up at about 2am after about 5 hours of sanding! Smoothed it all down, put it back on and then off to marty's to finally get it painted!

Loverly beige primer.

My splitter prep wasnt going as well...

After much painting by Marty and me faffing around with bit of alloy the bumper was back on at 2:20 am! Together with a carbon bonnet.

Even with all the prep and what looked like decent high build primer the paint still reacted in some really odd ways on the bumper. You can just see what odd shapes in the reflection.

But it still look 100s of times better than it did before with all the peeling lacquer and its yet to be rubbed down and polished. Yet another for Marty for making my car all pretty

Rides
    In the sun this morning it looked even better!

Its odd how it colour of the car has made the bonnet look brownish! Still I think it suite the colour well. With the black splitter and gun metal grey wheels it should look hard as hell!

Rides
    Bout time it started to look as purposefull as it feels when your driving it Looks like your well on your way to acheiving your objective. now go and buy a decent camera

Rides
    looking good yak... how did the arch rolling go ?

damo

Rides
    Errr since I ended up running so late on saturday that I didnt get my tyre swapped over and spraying took so long last night I didnt get a chance to trial one of Marty's R32 GTR wheels.
    That and I realise ive not got a heat gun

Rides
    lol.. no problem let me know how you get on with it mate

damo

Rides
    Yet another late night at Marty's splitter building. It moving along though rather slowly at the moment. Dosnt help that out of a whole B&Q warehouse they still manage to be out of stock of the thing you need

Still its going a bit saber tooth!

Rides
    im going to steal your bonnet when i next see you

loving the look of the splitter - will that threaded bar finish up gbehind the bumper?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Well you will have Marty_T3 chasing after you as it is his bonnet

Nope, Ive got alloy angle stuff for behind the bumper. The threaded bar should come through the bumper to about and inch away from the front of the splitter. Just going to be fun to work out where to put the holes in the bumper!

Rides
    Well it was nice not having my car last night as it was away being stickered up. I actually got more than 4 hours sleep which Ive not managed since Thursday. Had to resort to having a power nap in the bog at work yesterday as I was at severe risk of falling asleep at my desk!

Guess it might be an idea to make a list of stuff i need to do before the weekend : -

Reread the drivers pack properly and make sure ive not missed owt
    Get the car back from burnley
    Get sticker pack and tickets from the post office and fit the stickers
    Finish the splitter (needs more M6 nuts and bolts and big washers. Paint. M6 threaded rod)
    Fit the fire extinguisher
    Fit bonnet pins
    Cut down, fit and seal the standard plank spoiler
    Refit bits of trim as my cage is not going to be here in time
    Get and fit seat
    Swap 2 tyres over
    Fireproof the front bulk head and boot floor
    Paint the towing eyes and an arrow for them
    Mark negative battery lead
    Wash helmet and race suit
    Last edited by Yak; 04-04-2007 at 11:37.