Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Have An S13 When . . .

Rides
    You know you have an S13 when you can tell what gear your auto box is in because of the pattern of clonks the hydraulic actuators just made

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by playworker View Post
    American but still good:

you know you’re an s13 owner when…

9. You take off ramps at 65mph
    They don't have turbo's on those USA S13s do they.
    Quote Originally Posted by playworker View Post
    39. People don’t understand how you feel about your S13. They ask you why when you spend so much time with it or bring it up often in conversation. You’re glad they dont understand, they dont deserve an S13!
    Been there so often.

People who can only come to terms with my demand for a maneuverable car with sub 10m turning circle (don't dare tell them it's so I can go to silly yaw angles on opp lock), space for a push bike in the back (without taking the wheels off) and sleek styling, (measured by CdA of 0.55m^2) by suggesting I buy 3 cars to do everything one S13 does. A London TAXI (like that's gonna need lock for yaw angle), a Subaru wagon and a RX-7. Short of buying a 3 car transporter and getting a HGV license, they have no answer as to how I would be able to get all three 120 miles down the M-way for a weekend away. Roof racks have been mentioned when I ask how I would be able go to Homebase in the RX-7 and get two 6ft glass shower doors and dicky seats to fit the niece and her friends in.

You know you have a S13 when you never have to drive home to change car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by LiGhTnInG View Post
    You know you have an S13 when you are constantly fighting the fact that the car wants to pull towards the kerb
    Too right!

The petrol smells are a niggle too and I just give up on the leaky boot hatch

I wouldn't swap it for anything within £2000 pounds of its purchase price though!

Rides
    You know you've "Had" an S13 when you driving an S14 and are bored shitless...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13 jim View Post
    You know you've "Had" an S13 when you driving an S14 and are bored shitless...

You know you have a 200sx when your boot pops when driving as you have the dammed seat belt round the boot release

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GmasterT View Post
    probes look like facelift 200's maybe, not the other way around

pre-face are good ones anyway, wgich reminds me, you know youve got an s13 when your aguing with a fellow owner that its an 80's sports car so the facelift doesnt suit
    And late model Kouki Type X's look just but you know you own one when you race you mate's celica 50 miles to work and lose because you have to stop for fuel at the Lymm Truck Stop! about 10 miles from victory!!!

Rides
    you know you've got an S13 when you buy 280mm brembos only to find your facelift has pre facelift running gear...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    You know you have an S13 when you have to turn the stereo off every 5 minutes to check for funny noises

You know you have an S13 when you're lifting your car and the jack disappears up into the chassis rail

You know you have an S13 when you can no longer count the number of engines and gearboxes you've been through on the fingers of one hand

*LOL* So Very TRUE comments there, I am always turning my Stereo down... thought it was just me being paranoid..

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    You know you have an S13 when you give up trying to explain what it is to "normal" people
    Yep very true to

Rides
    You know you have an S13 when you get as much attention (and more) than people driving fancy cars costing 20 times as much

You know you have an S13 when you suddenly find yourself helping changing engines in the middle of the night

You know you have an S13 when you you use your boot release (Becasue you want to leave car running to cool down etc) only to find it locked again when you go to open it.
    Last edited by The Artist; 07-03-2007 at 13:59.

Rides
    You know you have an S13 when you have inside info on whos going to win the "Underseal" World champs

Rides
    you know you have an S13 silvia when everybody, their dogs, and police comment on how nice your prelude is, even when ticketing you !

Rides
    You know you have an s13 when somebody asks "has it got a back seat" and you reply.....used to

editted

Rides
    You know you have an s13 when you contemplate a twin engine set up....
    ...Not for more power but as a back up when the first one blows!

Rides
    ... when its 2 weeks from the first trackday of the year and you just know it will be fun

Rides
    when everybody know's you either at the petrol garage or at the garage getting it fixed

Rides
    you know you have an s13 when you dread rain cos your wipers squeak like bitch and you always forget about them once the rain stops so they never get oiled

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by b14ck View Post
    you know you have an s13 when you dread rain cos your wipers squeak like bitch and you always forget about them once the rain stops so they never get oiled
    i forgot about mine cheers il go oil them now

you no when you have one when your always in the breakers section looking for parts

Rides
    You know you have an s13 when you get asked to goto a meet and you think....hmmm more than 15 miles....Will it make it?

Rides
    You know you have an S13 when you rebuild it, it rattles. You take off the sump, crank out, measure it, add new perfect-fitting bearings, start her up again & she rattles. You then decide to drive her until she breaks!!

...Eventually you come around to the idea an engine-swop might have been a better & cheaper option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    lol, holy resurection jp!

Although you know when your an s13 owner when despite all your past failings and woes, your best mate strikes up and interest in the dead rotting one in the garage