Thread: CA18DET Lightweight Chromoly Flywheels NOW IN STOCK!!!

Rides

CA18DET Lightweight Chromoly Flywheels NOW IN STOCK!!!

Driftworks Lightweight Chromoly Flywheel for CA18DET Only £245!!!!

The new Driftworks lightweight flywheel for CA18DET weighs in at only 5.5kg compared to the stock flywheel's 13kg, during testing we found this to be the perfect weight for a fantastic improvement to response but still retaining driveability. This is of real benefit for drifting, making keeping the revs up in the powerband much much easier and making clutch kicking more effective.

Made from chromoly and manufactured to the highest standards, will take all the punishment you can throw at it. Finished in a durable heat treated black coating with impressive quality finishing. As testement to the top quality machining work, you will see only a tiny amount of metal was removed to fully balance these flywheels.

Comes complete with dowel pins to locate the clutch cover plate.

Last edited by Bon Bon; 02-02-2007 at 08:12.

Rides
    We'll be using one of these flywheels in our 600hp S15 (in 2jz version obviously) They are fantastic quality
    Last edited by PhilMorrison; 01-02-2007 at 12:13.

Rides
    looks amazing, good price too

Rides
    I have one fitted to my car and I can confirm they're ace - brilliant quality, good price, piece of piss to fit and make a real difference

Rides
    Hi

I'll bring this old thread up again

Does this flywheel have any effects on engine idle, any issues with stalling etc. on the CA18DET?
    I want the engine to be more responsive and to decelerate quicker during shifting, as I find this too slow on the CA18. But I don't want to loose any daily drivability...

How much would they be shipped to Austria, 1230 Vienna?

Cheers
    Christian
    Last edited by Christian; 25-10-2007 at 13:23.

Rides
    Hi Christian,

No need to worry about driveability, it will still drive fine but obviously the response will be much sharper and the way it revs up and down will be much quicker. It won't cause any problems for daily driving at all, just means you have to be controlled on the throttle as there's no huge heavy flywheel to 'damp' your movements.

To Vienna would be £275 delivered.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    Hi Christian,

No need to worry about driveability, it will still drive fine but obviously the response will be much sharper and the way it revs up and down will be much quicker. It won't cause any problems for daily driving at all, just means you have to be controlled on the throttle as there's no huge heavy flywheel to 'damp' your movements.

To Vienna would be £275 delivered.
    Got one! Great product

Rides
    This might have to be considered as im thinking about upgrading my clutch and maybe a Fywheel to take some abuse. What clutch kit will be suited with this for my S14a?

Rides
    We don't currently do them for S14's, as we supply thy Cyn R G flywheels with the RPS range of clutches. You can check out all of our pricing on all of our products and package deals on our website

Rides
    Cheers Phil.