Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1285

Thread: my car rebuild thread

Rides
    I like where you put the swirl pot I done the same with mine so I wouldnt have to firewall the boot from the cabin in my 180.
    Is that a mitsi exhaust housing on the holset turbo?
    Is the crank pully solid or does it have a rubber damper?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tweek View Post
    I like where you put the swirl pot I done the same with mine so I wouldnt have to firewall the boot from the cabin in my 180.
    Is that a mitsi exhaust housing on the holset turbo?
    Is the crank pully solid or does it have a rubber damper?
    T3 divided housing, the damper is an ATI harmonic damper, fecking expensive but helps at 9k rpm

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    T3 divided housing, the damper is an ATI harmonic damper, fecking expensive but helps at 9k rpm
    It looks like the housings bullseye performance supply for the hx35
    Was just wondering as you mounted the oil pump on the otherside and moved the altenator surely the ATI damper would have been good enough to stop the vibrations at high revs?
    A mate of mine is building a na ve and has his on the exhaust side

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tweek View Post
    It looks like the housings bullseye performance supply for the hx35
    Was just wondering as you mounted the oil pump on the otherside and moved the altenator surely the ATI damper would have been good enough to stop the vibrations at high revs?
    A mate of mine is building a na ve and has his on the exhaust side
    mazworx suplied the drysump kit and thats where they mount the oil pump

Rides
    Ah I see.
    Looking forward to seeing this run keep it up

Rides
    Sorry to hear your having a hard time, I'm glad your not giving up.
    She will never understand why you do it, don't bother trying to make her, it's just like we will never understand them. She has to accept that that is who you are and what you like to do.
    If you give it up it will leave a big hole in your life and no matter what you do you will never fill it. I have the same addiction and have been modifying my cars for 20 odd years now and I can't stop. Taking a grinder to the wheel arches on an 18 month old car I'd bought new was insanity to everyone else but I still did it because thats what I wanted to do. I spent a fortune building a rally car in the early 90's from a brand new shell, when I added up what I'd spent in the end I could have had a nice brand new sporty hatchback. Your car is what you want, don't think about the money and what you could have.........because thats not what want, otherwise you would have bought it.
    Your building an awesome individual car (one of the best 200sx's around) built by you to your spec. The only things the beamer would do better is comfort and mpg. Oh and depreciate a whole lot too.
    I agree with other comments that your partner should come first, but thats not too hard to achieve.
    Once you have driven it you will forget all this and enjoy what you have done. It will definately be worth it.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtwin View Post
    Sorry to hear your having a hard time, I'm glad your not giving up.
    She will never understand why you do it, don't bother trying to make her, it's just like we will never understand them. She has to accept that that is who you are and what you like to do.
    If you give it up it will leave a big hole in your life and no matter what you do you will never fill it. I have the same addiction and have been modifying my cars for 20 odd years now and I can't stop. Taking a grinder to the wheel arches on an 18 month old car I'd bought new was insanity to everyone else but I still did it because thats what I wanted to do. I spent a fortune building a rally car in the early 90's from a brand new shell, when I added up what I'd spent in the end I could have had a nice brand new sporty hatchback. Your car is what you want, don't think about the money and what you could have.........because thats not what want, otherwise you would have bought it.
    Your building an awesome individual car (one of the best 200sx's around) built by you to your spec. The only things the beamer would do better is comfort and mpg. Oh and depreciate a whole lot too.
    I agree with other comments that your partner should come first, but thats not too hard to achieve.
    Once you have driven it you will forget all this and enjoy what you have done. It will definately be worth it.
    it was a combination of working to much and the stress that involves then coming home and working on the car and the closer it gets to running the parts costs escalate
    the cars practically brand new and is far from simple in construction, now i have had a weekend off work i feel so much more relaxed and the girlfriends sorry for upsetting me
    and thanks for the kind words as i do at times think people look at me as being the forum nutter and a bit of a joke

Rides
    Still keeping an eye on this , can't wait to see it all systems go go go

Rides
    thanks for the kind words as i do at times think people look at me as being the forum nutter and a bit of a joke

Far from it, I will be honest mate although I have never met you personally I have the utmost respect for you for putting your all into a project you have carefully thought out I just wish I had the skills to do the same myself!

There is nothing wrong with having a passion as long as you balance it with life

JAPOKYO! cos im made of special! (Nuneaton)
    Rides
    Loving the new engine bay photos Trace I cant wait to see this up and running, its exciting to see it so close to completion after all the work youve put in, this wont be a Nissan 200sx, it will be a Ex-ctr 200sx

Glad to hear you and your g/f have made up also, Im sure a few of us on here have had similar situations with our partners and its never easy
    Its gone!

Rides
    Thanks for the positive words, it will be different to most SX's and there's a few really great ones on this forum and I hope mine will live up to there standard

Rides
    and thanks for the kind words as i do at times think people look at me as being the forum nutter and a bit of a joke
    You are a nutter! and that's brilliant! I think there is loads of us that would do the same if we had the time, money, knowledge, ambition and skills, but we don't so follow this closely and see it as awe inspiring. It's brilliant how your taking different approaches to stuff and creating rather than copying, very very interesting
    A joke, no way, as said already utmost respect.

Learnt a huge amount through this thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by immy21 View Post
    You are a nutter! and that's brilliant! I think there is loads of us that would do the same if we had the time, money, knowledge, ambition and skills, but we don't so follow this closely and see it as awe inspiring. It's brilliant how your taking different approaches to stuff and creating rather than copying, very very interesting
    A joke, no way, as said already utmost respect.

Learnt a huge amount through this thread
    +1 to this!

Rides
    been doing a bit more, clutch is now ready to bleed, the brakes [APEX K-sports massive's all round]are being plumbed in and i just need to get 2 hydraulic 3000psi gauges to help set ballance

i don't need to get out of the car to top up the fluid

could not drcide how to fit a brake light switch untill i saw an inline one on gaybay

Rides
    Ive used one of those brake light switches before on an old crosser and they work really well. I can't believe they are not used more often tbh. Especially when making things as bespoke as you are.

Full race do bike ones that are replacement banjo bolts too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    Ive used one of those brake light switches before on an old crosser and they work really well. I can't believe they are not used more often tbh. Especially when making things as bespoke as you are.

Full race do bike ones that are replacement banjo bolts too.
    i did see the banjo ones but this one has a mail 10mmX1 thread so fits nicely into a tee block
    these are the gauges im getting

Rides
    You are certainly no joke maybe a nutter but thats good a good thing IMO. You have done what you wanted rather than follow the lastest trend and your car will be the better for it. Your a major insparation to me. Hopefully I will get to see the finish project some day.

Rides
    as some will know i converted one of these

to operate one of these twin plate race clutch, different to the normal big thanks to BREN at APEX for a great deal on it

by making a diy sleave

and now its all plumbed in its great, smooth as feck and quite light, one of the better things i have decided to do
    plumbing things in like the 2 stage twin electric pump cooling system, the fuel systems waiting on filters from the USA, reworking the dash then i might try out the flocking machine i brought 2 years ago

Rides
    mines the same mate, quite light considering the clutch and really smooth definately worthwhile!
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    decided to finnish fabbing the dash, needs flocking which i might do this weekend, got a propper electric one some time ago