Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1285

Thread: my car rebuild thread

Rides
    Hmmm think I may put it on a switch and not ignition then. Then I can turn it off if the engine doesn't start for a while or I sit with ignition on for too long.
    That seem like an idea?

I have a large front sump on an ls1 so hopefully that will help to and will use lower psi on back of the accusump so discharge is slower also.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dukey View Post
    Hmmm think I may put it on a switch and not ignition then. Then I can turn it off if the engine doesn't start for a while or I sit with ignition on for too long.
    That seem like an idea?

I have a large front sump on an ls1 so hopefully that will help to and will use lower psi on back of the accusump so discharge is slower also.
    the accusump will slow as it discharges as the air pressure will drop, andmine will be on a switch

Rides
    I have an accusump for my car. I'm going to have the valve wired to a switch on the console for pre start loobing. Don't they automatically sense an oil pressure drop when engine is running and dump oil.

Rides
    As standard with an open close type valve they will charge to whatever the engine oil pump will pressurise the system to. Then if the pump struggles for some reason and drops below it will also drop to that pressure in turn releasing the oil being held into the system until it equals whatever the pump is kicking out.
    It will always equal the pumps pressure just when the system pressure drops it evacuates oil in turn giving the pick up more oil to suck up. And unless the oil pump has exploded that should bring pressure back up I. Turn charging the accusump.

There is an upgrade for the system I think is called an epc which senses system pressure and holds oil in the accusump in till the pressure range is reached such as 30 to 45 psi. So it won't discharge until system drops to 45 and will stop discharging if it falls below 30psi.

Check valves and other pieces are needed for fitting but it in theory is a great option for eliminating oil starvation in certain circumstances but also has a small possibility to over fill the engine. But also gives more oil in the whole of the system which prolongs the time you have to possibly stop something very bad happening to your engine.

I imagine some engines will benefit more than others with this but I am definitely thinking I will use it.

Rides
    Really can't wait for the next update.

Reminded me as my accusump arrived today. Wasn't expecting it to be the 3 quart high pressure one though. The most expensive one with the electronic control and metre on hose and expensive -an fittings. That was a bargain.

Rides
    Pushing along. Accusump installed and working. Could only charge it up to 40psi as I can only cold crank the engine on the starter. Few more wires to connect and then loads of settings to sort with my laptop on the link ecu, digi-dash and wide band lands/innovate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Any news

Rides
    Charge cooler system up and working 50/50 with antifreeze. Innovate wideband working. Just filling the cooling system (radiator in boot with electric pump). Ecu all connected and a few more bits to do the I need to set up the link ecu software run a few tests and hope it runs. Lol. After all this time I'm starting to panic a bit and keep finding other things to do rather that getting it running.

Rides
    So happy to see this progressing!
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides

my car rebuild thread

Nice to get feed back. Systems are coming in line. Need to calibrate the digi-dash. And as you might see the fuel pressure gauge is showing 8 psi as I decided to do another leak down test as check the gauge. Also the wirings a bit of a mess at the moment. Just finishing the AEM meth injection controller wiring then sort what signal I'm using for speedo on the digi-dash. Gear box sender or 2 magnets on the prop. Might need some cable tidy. Lol

Last edited by ex-ctr; 29-11-2015 at 17:31.

Rides
    For speedo signal. What about abs sensor in the diff and a dakota digital box (signal convdrter)?
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    You don't half have a lot going on in that dash.

Have you managed to have her running yet?

Rides
    Not yet. To much going on at work. Soon though. I could use the signal from the s15 diff will look into it

Rides
    just having a look for some inspiration

Rides
    Stuck working in Southampton 7 days a week for the next 3 months so no work going on on my build

Rides
    all the photos from the start of your thread have gone!! can you fix this? some top reference material in there.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-ctr View Post
    Nice to get feed back. Systems are coming in line. Need to calibrate the digi-dash. And as you might see the fuel pressure gauge is showing 8 psi as I decided to do another leak down test as check the gauge. Also the wirings a bit of a mess at the moment. Just finishing the AEM meth injection controller wiring then sort what signal I'm using for speedo on the digi-dash. Gear box sender or 2 magnets on the prop. Might need some cable tidy. Lol
    I have the same digi dash fitted in my S15 and I used the magnets on the prop method and it works perfect, just make sure to use some good strong adhesive like araldite. I didn't the first time I fitted them and they shot off like bullets on the rolling road.

Rides
    Sorry the old pictures are gone. Japgarage. I will go with the magnets then. Just need a week at home so I can get it running.

Rides
    could always use one of the front hub bolts as a signal for speedo. thats the way i done mine and works fine, its usually recommended (for my speedo sensor anyway) to use a bolt on a non driven hub.

Rides
    I did think of that or even using the spare abs sensor I have on the S15 diff but the digi dash comes with a pre- made loom and sensor with the magnets which makes it an easy job as long as the magnets stay on