Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S15 1999 Blue

Rides
    nicley what std bits need to be on a car to pass a ESVA?

Do you know where you can hire a model report?

C.

Rides
    issacs where is the car at the moment?

C.

Rides
    stunning s15 mate, shame you have to sell it

Rides
    http://www.model-reports-direct.com/ hold the report for the Silvia Spec R 6MT.

You may want to ask Yakozan about the ESVA. He put his through himself. Its definitely going to be standard exhaust, cat, alloys. The turbo timer will have to go. Quite possibly the ECU. Not sure about the suspension, lights, etc.

Rides
    that is one stunning car. you must be gutted to be selling it, you have a s15 and a skyline lucky man

Rides
    Has the vat and import duty been paid? Vrt in Ireland is about 7k at moment for S15.

Rides
    I'm not totally sure how much needs to be done for the ESVA.
    What I do know is that:
    *Bodykit needs to be stock
    *gauges removed from dash
    *turbo timer removed
    *Stock exhaust needs to be fitted
    *wheels in the same dimension as the stock wheels with stock dimension tires needs fitting

I'm not 100% on the other bits.
    My S15 got through with Bridgestone suspension. But at a quick glance they look like stock items.
    I personally think that the rest of the aftermarket bits also need to be changed for stock parts.
    The FMIC could probobly be changed to a S14 item.

Not sure though.
    ESVA is going to be a beeeeatch. That's for sure. But if anyone is willing to chase after stock parts, then it's a very good price.

Just takes some work to get through the ESVA.

Rides
    Swap it for my 14a?

Rides
    You can view the report itself on that site to see what the car has to conform to, see what model numbers need to be on the ecu etc, see what parts need to be on there, thats why that site (model reports direct) is that much better than the other model report suppliers.
    I know that because its my cousins company, and i used to work in the sva compliance centre where they were tested, was an assistant so did the tests and parts of the conversions on a daily basis

Rides
    you cannot see report details because its not for hire you have to pay them to do it for you

Rides
    it has to be carried out by a centre with knowledge of the report (as explained on their site), yes, but if you KNOW what needs to be done then you can obviously hire it out, hence why the single use price is quoted at £499.50, with the choise of SVA centres.
    I did drive the car used for the model report so know whats involved, but it is quite a complicated report to conform to from memory ;P

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ecksjay
    it has to be carried out by a centre with knowledge of the report (as explained on their site), yes, but if you KNOW what needs to be done then you can obviously hire it out, hence why the single use price is quoted at £499.50, with the choise of SVA centres.
    I did drive the car used for the model report so know whats involved, but it is quite a complicated report to conform to from memory ;P
    Ah. Is your cousins company BMS ltd in Bristol?

That's where my S15 got tested and prepped.

Rides
    It is not possible to hire a model report for an s15. the company who own the model report will allow you to pay for the usage of it but they carry out/take the car on your behalf. you never actualy get to see the report.i am speaking from experience as i have imported about 12 s15's recently that have been heavily modified. i have had to put them back to completley standard and they have then done it for me.

Rides
    Yep thats the one Yakozan, was there for a year myself so learnt the business quite well.
    slidelong, the benefits of MRD as opposed to say, SVAUK etc is the fact i stated above. Admittedly the company who made them up needs to do the conversion etc because they know exactly what needs to be done to make the vehicle conform, but you're still able to view the report if needs be, ANY report. You cant do anything with it because you need to apply for the test with VOSA (as you obviously know ) but you're still able to view the report if needs be, i see it aint available on the site at present (it used to be freely available, thats prob just a site error) , but i've looked at the report on the site on several occasions, so must just be a problem your end, if you could never view it, but it is just a site error at present.
    I think i may have a copy saved on an old PC somewhere

Rides
    I saw this car yesterday looks good if i had 7k i'd swap all the bits off mine and get it through the test, cost me about £1100 to get mine on the road, and they had to get an exhaust for me

Rides
    That is lovely - perfect infact. Someone should defo spend the time and money getting it through as it would be well worth it

Rides
    ecksjay lets see it then??
    Last edited by slidelong; 10-11-2006 at 21:45.

Rides
    £6500.00 GUYS

Also discovered has oil filter relocation kit and adjustable front suspension bars

Rides
    PM sent

Rides
    pm back at ya