Thread: Points question

Rides

Points question

Hi folks i'm renewing my insurance today and i'm not sure whether i should declare my 3 points as i havent officially recived them yet Still got to send them my licence and fine payment

Any advice welcome Also, which insurance companys are good with points? I'm currently with Direct choice

Rides
    Personally i wouldnt declare the points until you have proof you have received them, although the fine would suggest points to me if i were an insurance company.

Rides
    declare them, you do have the points, they just haven't ammended your licence yet.
    Also you'll find most places ask if you have any convictions pending

Rides
    Points mean prizes.

Rides
    If it's only three they won't charge you much if at all so it's not worth the risk

Rides
    To get technical, the question normally includes whether you have any convictions pending...

I think the insurance companies have learnt over time to cover all bases!

Rides
    Most insurance companies aren't too bothered about 3 points. Anymore than 6 and they start to ask questions though.

Always best to declare them.

Rides
    coming from an insurance company point of veiw, if you were quoting through me and you said that you had points pending i would not include them unless they would be on your licence by the time the policy started, you should supply a copy of your licence any way if they are not on there then your fine, give your insurer a ring when they are on and they can add them for the following years renewal, points and accidents should not make any differance to you policy untill your renewal date, if they do then you need to find another insurance company. tell your company that they are going on and you will call them when they do.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz
    coming from an insurance company point of veiw, if you were quoting through me and you said that you had points pending i would not include them unless they would be on your licence by the time the policy started, you should supply a copy of your licence any way if they are not on there then your fine, give your insurer a ring when they are on and they can add them for the following years renewal, points and accidents should not make any differance to you policy untill your renewal date, if they do then you need to find another insurance company. tell your company that they are going on and you will call them when they do.
    I'll have to give them a bell then and let them know because i've just had to send off my license
    Which insurance company do you work for kiz?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantone!!!
    I'll have to give them a bell then and let them know because i've just had to send off my license
    Which insurance company do you work for kiz?
    under rule trade rules i cant say, but check other threads and i think others have mentioned it.

Rides
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=239153

I wish I had known you were with them last month, I would have called!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=239153

I wish I had known you were with them last month, I would have called!!
    thats alright , i'll stil be doing the same thing next year, just gimme a shout.

Rides

Sorry Kiz but I diasgree completely, if you don't disclose the points then you are opening yourself up for a big pile of sh1t!!

Non-disclosure can and WILL lead to claims not being paid out, policies being revoked and at the very least big hikes in premiums mid-term when it all comes to light...

Coming from someone who has worked for Brokers and Direct Insurers for the best part of the last 10 years I can't believe you are giving that advice Unless of course you are on commission for the policies you are selling and don't give a crap about what happens later on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by KevJ
    Sorry Kiz but I diasgree completely, if you don't disclose the points then you are opening yourself up for a big pile of sh1t!!

Non-disclosure can and WILL lead to claims not being paid out, policies being revoked and at the very least big hikes in premiums mid-term when it all comes to light...

Coming from someone who has worked for Brokers and Direct Insurers for the best part of the last 10 years I can't believe you are giving that advice Unless of course you are on commission for the policies you are selling and don't give a crap about what happens later on

NO !!! i do not give bad advise,at no point did i say not to disclose points from the insurer. the information i have given is correct. the points if not on the licence at the time the policy starts an not be added if you do not know the extend of the points or fine you will receive, as the for the late disclsure charges then this as you well know depends on the points. and if they occur mid term will have no bearing on that policy untill the renewal date !! and as for the commission i do not earn from them as i am a dept manager.
    Last edited by Kiz; 21-10-2006 at 15:36.

Rides
    you should supply a copy of your licence any way if they are not on there then your fine, give your insurer a ring when they are on and they can add them for the following years renewal

points and accidents should not make any differance to you policy untill your renewal date. tell your company that they are going on and you will call them when they do.
    at what point did i say not to disclose them !

Rides
    at what point did i say not to disclose them !
    You said...

coming from an insurance company point of veiw, if you were quoting through me and you said that you had points pending i would not include them
    As for the rest of your defence, bollocks!! What you do is to look at the worst case scenario, i.e. conviction on license - in this case SP30, 3pts £60 fine and charge the AP (Additional Premium). This way rather than annoy the policyholder for asking them to pay more mid-term when they innocently call up to confirm what they recieved, you actually impress them by being sensible about the situation.

I don't know you personally Kieran and I am giving you the benefit of being mis-informed rather than giving wrong advice deliberately, if you are still in any confusion please phone ANY underwriting dept of ANY insurance company and ask what their official line on this is...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by KevJ
    You said...

As for the rest of your defence, bollocks!! What you do is to look at the worst case scenario, i.e. conviction on license - in this case SP30, 3pts £60 fine and charge the AP (Additional Premium). This way rather than annoy the policyholder for asking them to pay more mid-term when they innocently call up to confirm what they recieved, you actually impress them by being sensible about the situation.

I don't know you personally Kieran and I am giving you the benefit of being mis-informed rather than giving wrong advice deliberately, if you are still in any confusion please phone ANY underwriting dept of ANY insurance company and ask what their official line on this is...
    Kev, i am not going to get into a row, i would liketo put this down to to a mis communication as to what i trying to get at. I think i might of been mis leading reflecting on the quote you have posted. i feel very strongly about providing accurate and correct advise, i have also been the industry for the best part of a decade and i have a superb reputation amongst my clients. To date i have not had one case disputed or claim not paid out due to my actions. I am aware of the underwriting terms and conditions as i worked as one for about 5 years amd even now i am responsable for underwriting the majority of my companie's new business, i think we should move past this. If in future you disagree with anything i post please let me know.