Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1030

Thread: Project Not Long Now S13

Rides
    Just read this start to now and I have a lot of respect for you keeping at it through thw rough times you had early on
    Car looks so good now the transformation is incredible

Keep doing what you're doing man

Rides
    Not been driving the car as much as I should be. I did take it out last Thursday for probably the 5th time this year. It had lost a bit of brake fluid while standing, so will have to investigate that, but its topped back up and the pedal is good. I have been gathering a few little items here and there and the other day my new mats arrived and I chucked them in.

This was what I was rocking before, Some Euro football related one on the drivers that came with the car and a random 14 one on the passenger I acquired somewhere

Hot off the boat

On the passenger side I was surprised it covered the transmission tunnel buldge rather than cut around like the 14 one did.

Hopefully they'll be another update or two before the year is out
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Like this build a lot very tidy just spent ages reading through it. Like how you've stayed ca. You should speak to wardy on here he makes manifolds. Made me a ca manifold for my td05 with external waste gate was £450 properly made back purged and won't crack with a proper collector and that. I did all my arch tubbing a while ago but you've kinda inspired me to sort my loom out and do a few other bits. Top work

Rides
    Thanks for the comment!
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    The shine on my boot was worse for wear so I decided to re lacquer it. The first attempt went very wrong due to a reaction from something that I'd put on there trying to get the shine back up. silly me! This basically meant I had 10 times more prep the second time around. Still in need a final polish and has a few dust spots in the pic, but at least its shiney again!

With the weekender round the corner my car had developed a number of faults that needed to be remedied. Battery charging out the way I discovered that my starter was done for and no amount of hammer hitting would re awaken it from its state. The brake pipe t piece had developed a leak as had my cooling system so I decided it best to leave it in the capable hands of DAL at D.A.L Performance and get a few other bits sorted out there.

The starter got refurbished, t-piece adapted with swivel joints allowing for kink-less pipes and fresh 5.1, and the coolant leak sorted out too. While it was there it got a new Nismo slave to replace the one that failed in my last clutch fiasco, I had reverted back to a standard one in the meanwhile. a few other little bits got done like the catch can was repositioned as it was tucked in by the starter loom and I wanted it to be in a more serviceable position.

I also had DAL reduce the number of rubber hoses on the turbo side of the inlet pipes by welding it up

Got some Aero Catches fitted to the bonnet

The bonnet already came with holes for normal bonnet pins. Sadly these were not evenly spaced so I'm left with a bit of filling work to do

My pop ups had stopped going back down and one of my Raybrig headlamps had gone a bit cloudy and as the HID had left a bit of a burn mark on the reflector so DAL swapped them out for a new set and got the pop up functioning again. No Pics but they work!

So that was the car sorted, ready for the weekender and track time booked. Then Monday this week I put my back out in a big way Was kinda hopeful I could recover in time to still enjoy the track time but now I'm 50/50 if I could even go out for a session. I will have to take it easy and review my situation on the day but even driving it up to Snetterton (slowly and gently) right now would be a little mini achievement for me. Can't see me having the flexibility to clean it. So if it makes it, expect it dirty
    Last edited by Pablo13; 21-08-2014 at 17:48.
    bstmeetbllk

Can't tell the difference cleanhands's Avatar
    Rides
    Love this car, looked great at The Weekender, Pabs, just reread this from the start again. Can't believe you stuck at it in the beginning with all the problems.

Rides
    Cheers guy It's sure a pain sometimes, but goes to show if you stick with it anything is possible

I and the car made it to the weekender and back, but I thought better of the track time and took it easy. Was a shame to miss out although still an enjoyable weekend without it.
    Last edited by Pablo13; 27-08-2014 at 18:28.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Very nice looking car

Rides
    Very cool build mate, different colour too. If I werent so far away Id comer over and shoot it for you

Rides
    Thanks Guys.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Actually been using it a bit this year

It had been over 10 years since the last sill repairs and the nearside was due again, so I got Dal to sort that out Other side is getting a bit crunchy now, so will look into that soon.
    20160113_133323

Lost a sideskirt along the way so had to get another ordered painted and fitted.

Then I was having a few cooling issues. Used cleaner and flushed the system and refilled with a new antifreeze mix, but did not cure my problem. Then I found one of my electric fans had packed up so I replaced that. Still running too hot. In the end it was traced to a faulty thermostat, so its running 'stat less quite happily now. I'll stick a new one in when it turns colder again.

The clutch seems to slip when it been sat around for some time, I've had to turn the boost down

Also swapped out my god awful whiny diff. Much nicer place to be now. Only fitted another R33 viscous job, but I do now have a spare casing I can slip something interesting into
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Threw the stock 180sx rear bumper and Sexy Style apron I have had kicking about for yonks on the car. Paints a bit worse for wear from poor storage, further tweeking is required. Just throwing it on, it was instantly a better fit than the old one.

20170502_194915

20170502_155606

s132017blkwht
    bstmeetbllk

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Such a cool car. New bumper looks great
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Been doing boring things, but stuff none the less. All little things that I think will entice me to drive it more. I fitted missing clips to my door card, wrapped a loom in the rear and re secured rear speakers as they weren't any more

And this is my latest order
    20170516_190848

Clips and grommets, [sarcasm] wow! [/sarcasm]
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    This happened quite a while back now

20190119_210318

And to fix the problem I decided to buy this
    20190205_194559

Some exciting stuff planned, stay tuned
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    rod No1 exit stage left , does the bell housing adapter mean one is leaving the CA to run another engine ?
    I have a spare rebuilt CA bottom end I could let go cheap

Rides
    Cheers for the offer Andy, but I've lost count the number of times I rebuilt the CA now, and I'm pretty well committed to the new route. After lots of research I think its the best. I'll always love the CA, who knows may come back to one one day, but now my sights are set on something else.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    I'm excited to see what you swap the CA out for!

Rides
    I know what it is but I will leave it to Pabs to spill the beans in his own time. If it takes him longer than 12mths (which it could well do) I will do it to put everyone out of their misery!!!!