Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Not Long Now S13

Rides
    Too late ive had the flange twisted and rewelded already! it should fit, so it will do for now . My internet has gone down this weekend! Bloody NTL , Im actually logged into one of my neighbours wireless to get here . as for the car quiz its not a frontera but is badged a vauxhall.....
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    project is starting to look real sweet mate!!!! good on ya for all the hard work you put in to her!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo13
    as for the car quiz its not a frontera but is badged a vauxhall.....

Monterey

Rides
    Sideways Danny has it! well done
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Well my hoses came

So I could finish off my ic pipework

getting there......slowly
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:41.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    i woudnt worry about heat soak with a cone filter mate, it effects NA cars more but with a tubo car the inlet temps are being heated up by the turbo anyway and its the IC's job to cool them down, if your that worried just fit a heatshield round a cone filter or get one of those sealed jobbies (bmc) and route the cold air feed down where the WMIC was,

Rides
    looking good mate, comming along nicely!

Rides
    I'm making the IC job easier and the colder you can get it the better for your engine
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:42.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Got me a battery wire from ebay . It was removed from a E34 BMW 5 series that has the battery under the rear seat.

Very chunky, dunno what guage exactly but its thicker than 4 guage and can flow 300amps. Also comes with this handy connector:

Which as luck would have it pops straight on :
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:43.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Grounds in and battery offered up for position

Looking at the height of the battery a rear strut brace could even be used as the clamp!! I will knock something up though. There are a few things im not 100% happy with in the engine bay (airbox being one) and will come back to them at some point, but it needs to be back OTR soon and Im aiming for next week sometime
    Last edited by Pablo13; 17-09-2009 at 16:49.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Another link in the chain sorted

Walbro 255lph (ending in 341), new only £72, fair bit cheaper than the last walbro I bought. Got old one out

Pretty straight forward swap over, had most trouble getting the pipes on after it was back in, its a bad pic but have a look....

....Note the blood (and sweat, no tears as of yet )
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    that photos gonna bring back bad memories, those pipse are an arse, and the seal ring is just as bad lol

Rides
    Got my exhaust back today

Infact its the second time back and it still dont fit . I think something got lost in translation, the bloke I deal with was out and there was some eastern european bloke there I told him it needed moving 8cm in one direction but when I get it back and offered it up he'd only moved it 8mm So that has to go back again! Apart from that just waiting on a braided water return pipe to turn up off apex and it should move
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Nice project mate, Sorry to hear about the blood, but i think 99% of sx owners have been there!

Rides
    very nice project mate... dont get hung up with the problems which occur -> they are part of such a project... and if it all fitted straight away, it would only be half as much fun

hope you get a good power figure out of the engine...

Rides
    Thanks ikram and turbo for the support

After much communication with apex I have been told that there is no braided turbo return waterline for the CA18DET , which is a bit of a problem as the original solid metal one no longer lined up thanks to the new manifold putting the tubby in a slightly different position. Many times I tried to fit it but could only get one side's bolt in, and then the other wouldnt line up propperly to catch the thread Much head scratching ensued until I decided to make my own flexi pipe out of the original

Take one normal pipe and chop up into three sections

Chuck the middle section away and replace with a length of rubber hose and jubilee clips on each end. I also put a larger hose over the top to protect from melting itself on the tubby.

And just like that it popped straight on

Plenty of length so its not near the tubby to get burnt. rubber hose should be fine as its part of the water system and only has to hold the same pressure as all the other hoses in the system.
    On the exhaust front its not looking like its going to get done this side of the new year, and as Im breaking up on thursday the oldie will have to go back on if I wanna get it back before crimbo . I have also made a base up for the battery box in the boot and should get that finished tommorrow with a touch of luck
    Last edited by Pablo13; 28-04-2009 at 17:46.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Just a quick update. I tried to fit the standard exhaust back on but it dont fit with the new mani, it fouls the gearbox Never got to finish the battery box and now she is all locked up @work over the christmas and the new year so she wont be back and I cant really do much at home. Hopefully the propper downpipe will be back and hopefully the dam thing will fit!

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year!!
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Hey hey!

First day back @ work and able to get at the sx!. I got my battery box made up, still unsure if I should paint or carpet it?

Ans here is the template I used snugly inside it, the original battery tray cover

Over the holidays, even though I was without the car, I couldn't not do anything, so I got out my S14 calipers that I've had for a while and gave them a lick of paint. Quite happy with em, came up lovely

Unfourtunately I cant fit em till I get some decent rims
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:49.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Just enjoyed reading this whole thread, fantastic work!

Rides
    I just found this thread an gotta say well done mate
    Many wouldve given up a long time ago!
    My new year resolution is to get mine back on the road after suffering from a seirious rust infection
    Hope all goes well, i'll be following this from now on