Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Not Long Now S13

Rides
    could do but the replacement boot didn't manage to fit in my 200.i live near mk about 1hr half to dals place or if you wanna meet half way next week end i could possibly sort somthing out?

Rides
    Any news on that boot yeti yeti? (lol, sorry I had to do it )

Finally fitted the drift knob Ive had for ages, but my handbrake is in need of a bit of adjustment to be effective

And the start of my elephants trunk (intake) hardpipe arrived

I also thought I'd share this with you. This came off a deafs girls smart car so shouldnt laugh, but have a look at this

Shocking really, its the worst I've seen
    Last edited by Pablo13; 02-05-2017 at 19:49.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    i sprayed me carpet black and it worked a treat
    defo for anyone wanting to get rid of the nasty colour grey

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by yetis200sx View Post
    could do but the replacement boot didn't manage to fit in my 200.i live near mk about 1hr half to dals place or if you wanna meet half way next week end i could possibly sort somthing out?
    are you blind lol. look above your last post.

Rides
    Got some more done today after work. Feel shattered, will crawl under my rock once I've posted this.

Got the rest of the rear arms on finally, its all very orange

Did it at work so I could use whats behind this door

Can you guess what it is yet?

Thats right, a four wheel laser aligner FOR THE WIN!!!

I just got to this point

When the bloody caretaker pops his head in and tells me that they close early tonight! Grrrr! So I guesstimated the arms (not a good look ) then started to pack it all back up! Should just squeeze it in tomorrow after work If all goes well.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Pablo In Matching Wheels Shocker!!!

I got rid of these in the equation and I've still got more width all round

but still had to fit these spacers to clear the strut on the front

And if there pushing the front out I couldnt let the backs go without or it would look

Front sits in nicely with its 225

rear near side with 235 now, on this side just squeezes in......well its open to debate

This off side pokes out more so

Remember I still need to finish off the alignment so that could be why its poking out like that, If not I will just have to flare that side out a bit more
    Last edited by Pablo13; 24-11-2007 at 19:50.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    looks really good what youve done so far, giving me some ideas of bits i still have to do

Rides
    wheels are looking tough fella...car coming along nicely now...hows your engine getting on??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by japdrifter_s13 View Post
    wheels are looking tough fella...car coming along nicely now...hows your engine getting on??
    Its doing well, touch wood. Could do with a stronger actuator, but other than that

I Managed to have a fiddle with the alignment today. I started with the rear toe and got it bang on. Then I moved on to the rear camber. As I was setting that it threw the toe out again and mucho fiddling with the toe, traction arms and ecentric bolts didnt seem to cure it. Writing this now though I think I may have spotted my boo boo I thought I had toe in but looking at the printout now I think I have toe out!!! arghhhh
    Anyway I gave up on that and set the camber and moved on the to front, sorted the toe, left the castor as it was off the scale in the good direction and didnt touch the front camber as I have no coilies for loadsa front camber yet but it seemed to adjust itself back into spec from doing the toe! Here have a look at my printout
    This should help anyone not used to these printouts. We have before (top) and after (bottom) readings divided by the blue line. From the top of each we have castor, front camber, front toe, rear camber and finally rear toe. As you can see the rear toe is worse than before

On the up side, it tucked my near side rear in enough
    Last edited by Pablo13; 26-11-2007 at 19:14.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Right, an update! The rear toe is now in check and all is well. Spent this evening connecting the front abs sensors mainly to stop my avcr reading 1016kmh and giving general freaky speed readings . Also went round torque'ing all the arms up as it felt a bit loose . I originally done them up in the lower end of the specs, as the book says 76-98nm or something similar. The dw arm faces were not quite touching the bushes so I went for the 100-110 range to be sure and it does feel a bit tighter. before you could grab the arm and give it a tug and it would flex about on the steering knucke's bushes. Now its much better. Also the intake hardpipe is now fitted

Ive also decided to front mount the cooler under bumper stylee, as I've gone in for the alloy rad group buy with leccy fans and dont really fancy the two rubbing up against each other as is the case atm. Due to chopping up the pipes to fit how it is now I needed to order more alloy pipe, dog not included

Ive got a few extra hoses and clips too, but Ive also put an alloy welding kit on my crimbo list and will have a go minimising the rubber hosework in the new year
    Last edited by Pablo13; 17-09-2009 at 18:20.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Little update.

A few new goodies have arrived; an actuator that SHOULD hold decent boost

Also managed to pick this up for £50, thanks Chris B Gave it a quick wire brush and a coat of hammerite

Not the best finish as it was freezing doing that outside, and not many will see it under the car, only me a few others and you lot reading this thread. She slipped in nicely

Thats it, see ya next time
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:41.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    so wats next on the list for this badboy??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by japdrifter_s13 View Post
    so wats next on the list for this badboy??
    Front upper and lower strut braces are on my crimbo list

Chargespeed wide front fenders have been ordered should get them mid feb

Boot needs collecting from yetis 200sx but I need to borrow a van

Must order coilovers soon as I have a leaking front shock Cant decide which ones, gen 2 apex comfy, apex fast road, tein super streets, or them driftworks control system coilovers? Id love to hear peoples experiences of the above as its going to be used 90% of the time as a road car and want the best compromise I can get. Should really start a thread in 200sx related chat about it
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Nice one bud, projects coming on good, so much i wanna do the same

Also... what did u spray the material on the door cards and that with?? normal paint or what lol

Rides
    Cheers. I used Halfords satin black. The carpet feels a bit rougher to touch once its painted, but it looks better.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Yeh mines just pretty grubby and never thought of spraying it

And any chance of sellin them black rotas

Rides
    Not unless your thinking of swapping them for some work meisters you have laying around

With black centres, two or 3 piece, Im not fussy

Last edited by Pablo13; 22-12-2007 at 19:11.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Howdy.

Well those of you who went to Januarys HWH may have seen a bit of steam coming out my car when I pulled up. I thought all was well, maybe a leaky hose or something and topped up with some water at the nearest petrol station and carried on, on my way home. Anyway cut a long story short a bit of 3rd gear uphill on boost and pop! Loads of smoke out the back Headgasketo maximo blowage

Dont have much luck with this car do I?

Anyway got it home, comp tested it and no 4 cylinder was 0 bar. Been so busy with work (doing a 7 day week atm) finally managed to get the head off last night and checked it with a metal rule and some feeler gauges when I got back tonight.

I knew number 4 was the area with the issues so I plonked the rule on it first only to be greeted with a considerable rocking motion and the ability to pass a 1.2mm feeler blade in between The heads already been skimmed too.

So.....I did say it, and Im sticking to me guns. The CA has had its last chance. I will sell all the performance parts like forgies and con rods and anything else I can salvage and Go RB. Ideally I'd love a RB30 but I cannot justify this finacially right now (unless anyone can point me in the direction of a reasonably priced gtr head in good condition). So I guess its and RB25, but I would also consider a 20 at the right price (£400ish) Ive been quoted £1300 for a 25 from a breakers with the gearbox, crossmember, prop, loom and ecu, Anyone think this is a good price? I think I would rather go the breaker route rather than ebay or something, so I have some sort of comeback if something goes wrong. Well, the luck I have with engines.......

Anyway to soften the blow these turned up from apex today

No rush to get them on though

Also have some chargspeed front wings coming soon and an ally rad (bit late though) Just hope it works with an RB!
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Ok Its still broken but more goodies that have been ordered have finally arrived

I managed to get a coat of primer on one before it went dark

Ive also decided on a slight change of plan. I wont be Going RB just yet as I want my car back asap! And Its alot easier to outlay the £100-200 quid to get my engine going again (as Ive been loaned a new head) than the £1300 for a rb25 plus all the time spent off road scratching my head with the wiring and boost pipes etc. It will happen, just not yet So if all goes to plan she will be moving under her own power once again by Saturday
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    get that damn car back on the road

see you at DALs on saturday