Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Not Long Now S13

Rides
    Finally managed to get the rear springs on tonight after work, sorry it was dark by the time I remembered to take a pic

Exhaust is now scraping speed bumps

Adjustable camber arms

When I got home I found these from apex Rear drop links to go on
    Last edited by Pablo13; 17-09-2009 at 17:23.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Not much of an update im affraid. Managed to get the rear links on yesterday. I know its not to everyones tase, and some people dont like musical mods on here. I swapped out the awful nissan front speakers and got my pheonix gold components Ive had laying about for ages in. Took a photo of how it stands now

Desperatley in need of so 5 stud hubs for the front, hopefully should be sorted by this time next week. I also ordered myself an arch roller from nengun and Im going to learn how to do it on her first
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    its looking good matey...mines just cost me a fortune again...not engine wise this time but chassis wise ive chages the drop link bushes,made an exhaust bracket for her,needed new rear disks so got a set of brembos for her,needed to change the front tie bar bushes,new front tyres and a new clutch....lovely aye??? and that was just to get her on the road all legal like...takes the mick lol

Rides
    After reading about a possible contributary cause of BE failure on CA's: oil not draining fast enough back to sump. I decided to take action. There was a few possible remidies such as drilling out the back of the head to fit two more drain pipes to the sump and enlarging the original holes, I opted for the easy option. Fitting twin catch tanks! Heres what a managed to knock up with what was to hand (lucozade and ant killer bottles )

Need to get a few lengths of hose and tidy it up a bit, but it should work for now

Ive left the breather hose connected to the intake hose that goes to turbo mainly cos I ran out of pipe the right dia. Unsure if I Should also feed this into a catch tank?

You may also notice from that photo I also managed to fit an engine damper Ive had laying around for ages.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    ive never seen an engine damper...wat do they do?
    i suppose its something along the lines of cutting down the amount of vibration betwwen engine and mounts or something like that?

Rides
    Lol, if anything it would increase vibes. It just slows down any violent movement of the engine and probably allows a bit more transfer of power to the wheels rather than being used to rock the engine about
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Ive heard they do nothing just a bit off bling

Rides
    TBH it hasnt felt different yet , but as you know Dunc had one on his and mine had been laying about for over a year and seeing his on reminded me
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    I spent most of Saturday down at Dals workshop fiddling with my car. Massive thanks to dal for staying late with me again . The tappets were still making a noise after taking them all out and sticking them in a vice then leaving them to soak in oil, so I ended up replacing all of them with a head Dal had laying around. Now shes silky smooth I also managed to stop the oil leak I had.

It was a combo of the front crank seal and where the oil cooler bolts to the block. there was a little knick on it that needed to be filed down, new gasket and generous amounts of sump sealant fixed that up a treat. Also managed to borrow a pair of 17s to even out the front until I can get my hands on some 5 stud front hubs to go on.

Some of you may recognise them (JD ) Dont worry matey I will take good care of em for you, hopefully they wont even be on a week
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:30.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    i was about to say i thought i recongnised them...

Rides
    Looking very good matey! Keep it up!

Rides
    More goodies!!

Those came on Wednesday and are the last of the adjustable arms for the rear. Just need to fit those along with the camber arms and have a fiddle at work with our spanking new john bean 4-wheel lazer aligner. Woooo!!!

Got that to replace one of my ghetto catch tanks I also took a trip to swindon to get hold of a set of 5 stud fronts last night

Really I'd like this all on before Jap show finale, but I just cant see it happening as Ive only got one moog ball joint at the mo, but I made a start in my work brakes today.
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:32.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Hey. I thought this brake cylinder stopper was part of the roller as it came in the box and was the same colour . Anyway its fitted now
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:32.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    You can use the lower arms of a R33 GTS aswell mate someone might have some of them.

Same lenght as the 13 arms but with the 14 ball joint in it

Rides
    Noted Stewie

Top man!
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    [Krusty the clown] Hey Hey Kids! [Krusty the clown]

I broke out the arch roller on its maiden voyage yesterday. Dal let me practice on his RB'ed 13 first and I was quite pleased with the results. My first ever arch

Second one came out pretty good too

Happy with my efforts I moved on to my car, but the rust was obviously worse on mine and I made a bit of a mess of the left arch. Some filler will be needed to tidy up and get rid of the dent that appeared in the rear quarter.

I was more happy with the other side

And for those who didnt go Jap Show Finale at Santa Pod last weekend, I got my GTR's on the back
    Last edited by Pablo13; 28-04-2009 at 18:17.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    It's coming along nicely fella.

Rides
    Dude just to let you know that the GTST arms on my car didnt really work the have pushed the wheels in some funny directions cant do more than 20mph so they'll be comming straight off

And the hole that the front ARB drop link goes into isn't quite in the right place

Just a word of warning

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx stew View Post
    Dude just to let you know that the GTST arms on my car didnt really work the have pushed the wheels in some funny directions cant do more than 20mph so they'll be comming straight off

And the hole that the front ARB drop link goes into isn't quite in the right place

Just a word of warning

Did you adjust your toe to take advantage of the wider track though? Otherwise you will have some major toe out issues at the front.
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Well in a race to my front door nengun won, but Im still happy what rhd japan bought me, yay (dont worry lower panel not in shot!)

Look they even get pillows to rest on, ahh

Wooo!

I so happy these are here now, been wanting a set since I bought the car!

Cant wait to get them on!!!
    Last edited by Pablo13; 25-03-2019 at 21:34.
    bstmeetbllk