Thread: s13

Rides

s13

im looking at a 1994 s13 and its really cheap so just wanting to know what i should be looking out for . its a stock ca18 thats been rebuilt in the last 6 months but the gearbox is done so its not driving . i can buy the car for £900 and he says the engine rebuild cost 800 now i know i can get a gear box for 80 quid so just thiking its maybe too cheap to be true . whats everyones opinion ?

Rides
    can it be proved that its the gearbox at fault? (i.e. the engine hasn't been badly rebuilt and seized?)
    bovvered?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazoobe View Post
    can it be proved that its the gearbox at fault? (i.e. the engine hasn't been badly rebuilt and seized?)
    Wouldnt it start and run? just not engage gears?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ArCKaNe View Post
    Wouldnt it start and run? just not engage gears?
    yeah, but that hasn't been mentioned yet
    bovvered?

Rides
    Look for rust on rear arches, sills, and suspension strut tops,

Rides
    yeah, but that hasn't been mentioned yet
    True that lol

To answer OP question, no not too cheap IMO. I bought 1st one for £600, little bit rotty, 2nd was mint, im talking seriously mint, and cost me £550, thats a CA-Manual facelift.

Mate give £465 for his slag, and were picking up another one this week, only problem is lock problems, and thats £150....

It never fails to amaize me how people pay £1000s for boggo ones lol

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ArCKaNe View Post
    were picking up another one this week, only problem is lock problems, and thats £150....
    where did you find that
    bovvered?

Rides
    the engine has been rebuilt by one of the top nissan boys in n.i and the car starts just doesn't drive . he says the gearbox is on its way out and wouldn't drive very far so he is recomending its transported away. he seems honest enough . says there are one or two small patches of rust on the rear arches . boot lid is de spoilered and from the pics it seems to be fine as do the strut tops. . tbh the body of the car looks really tidy so im wondering is the chap just a bit fussy when it comes to body work and mybe the arches aren't actually too bad

Rides
    where did you find that
    I'll tell you when its been collected! :P lol

Rides
    Check for rust! I brought my S13 for £1050 with no problems other than the boot lid which is obvious.

You should be able to start it and check it's not over heating etc without putting it in gear.

Let us know how it goes

Rides
    yeah ill be running it for 15 or 20 mins to see if theres any overheating problems. the guy says he starts it a couple of times a week and runs it to normal temp just to keep the battery charged . ill hopefully have some pics of it up very soon. iv been away from the 200's for nearly 2 years and i cant wait to get back into one

Rides
    When are you going to view the car?

Rides
    hopefully next week sometime all being well

Rides
    well a wee update , the thing was an absolute heap . a wee bit of rust he said may have needed welded . drivers sill ahd a hole i could put my hand in and the rest of the sill was rotting badly, drivers quarter i could look through to the petrol tank which seemed to be leaking a bit. both doors were rusted blow the mirrors, pas sill was bubbled but when we touched it it became a large hol too, pas quarter was starting to rot, and the boot lid had been repaired very badly . the engine that was rebuilt 6 months ago at a cost of 800 quid appeared to be leaking oil and water, the gear box was shafted ( i knew about that ) seats were ripped. so needless to say i didn't buy it , he started at 900 and was begging me to take it for 450 by the time i left. anyway i bought a reasonably clean white one the next day , its a little smokey so i think ill need to replace the valve stem seals, it had one tiny hole in the rear arch just behind the end of the sill. literally a 2 inch patch needing stuck on it . so im happy enough with it . ill try and get some pics up soon

Rides
    Sounds mint mate, get some pictures up