Thread: sorry, another fmic question

Rides

sorry, another fmic question

Alright, i've finally got round to fitting my fmic from the last apex gb on them. Not bad going so far, only snapped about 8 bolts but got the thing mounted very easily.

My question is this..... the pipe that goes up through the battery tray has a small pipe coming from its side, presumably this pipe is for attatching a dump valve??? If that is so then im a bit stuffed as my dump valve pipe is much larger in diameter than the metal one. Can i just bung this up until i can find a suitable piece of hose or what?

Rides
    that's the idle air valve take off. if you dont connect it the car wont idle properly

Rides
    there you have your answer

Rides
    Right, im with ya now thanks, got a bit carried away and was doing it in the dark so didnt notice that pipe

No stopping me now, although i have made a bit of a mess with the battery tray

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Right, im with ya now thanks, got a bit carried away and was doing it in the dark so didnt notice that pipe

No stopping me now, although i have made a bit of a mess with the battery tray
    don't worry bout that too much. when mine was being fitted a well respected senior member of this forum angle ground through the wiring loom that runs past the tray, not fun!!!

Rides
    Ouch... lol

Rides
    when mine was being fitted a well respected senior member of this forum angle ground through the wiring loom that runs past the tray, not fun!!!

Ooooh

Well people like me shouldn't be allowed to buy spanners Anyway, looks like ive got to hack a fair bit off my bumper and stamp on the washer bottle afew times ...... afew bolts and some blue tack and she'l be done (finger x'd)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Ooooh

Well people like me shouldn't be allowed to buy spanners Anyway, looks like ive got to hack a fair bit off my bumper and stamp on the washer bottle afew times ...... afew bolts and some blue tack and she'l be done (finger x'd)
    easiest thing to do is heat the bottle with a glue gun and remould it or get a facelift ( iirc ) water bottle. it's smaller you see

Rides
    ive got a heat gun handy so ill have a bash with that. I have a facelift model so that unfortunatly wont help. I think the bottle's buggered anyway as it looks like one of the little motors has rusted and disintergrated. oh well

Rides
    All back together and ready to go. The bottle is shegged so ill be on the lookout for another