Thread: Japanese Nissan OEM Parts Suppliers

Rides

Japanese Nissan OEM Parts Suppliers

Did you know that nearly every Nissan part that you buy over here in the UK can be got for around half the price (or more) in Japan? If you're not in a desperate hurry (the process takes 2-3 weeks on average) and have several items to order, this is very worthwhile. This should be ALL Nissan parts (so long as its not been discontinued).

A couple of known examples:

R33 handbrake cables (pair)
    UK: £140ish
    Japan: £44

Z32 rear caliper seal kits
    UK: £74
    Japan £23.80

Both prices exclude shipping.

The two companies I have used are Perfectrun and Japanparts.

Perfectrun consistently come in cheapest and fastest. I've received something in 4 days. That's from order to my door.

A visit to their web sites shows that they also supply all the well known Japanese performance brands too, also considerably cheaper than the UK.

To get a parts quote, send an email to the address on the Contact or Order pages on the web sites, including the full Nissan part number and description (a description is not good enough), the make and model of car and, if applicable, your chassis number. You should receive a response within two days (frequently overnight) and details of how to order.

Due to shipping costs (see here for a idea), it is obviously more worthwhile if you order several items to reduce the costs.

**NOTE**
    Every parts order placed outside the EU is subject to VAT. IF your delivery is selected for inspection by customs, it will be subject to VAT on the LISTED VALUE shown on the parcel PLUS a Parcelfarce hadling charge (currently £13). I have found that, on average, about one in four of my deliveries have been checked. How the goods are described and where there are delivered play a very important part... If duty is due, you will receive a letter informing you, and telling how to make payment.

Saying all that, you will usually still find that its cheaper, even when paying duty and handling

There will be a commission charge depending on your method of payment.

Also bear in mind that you are not covered by UK warranties and guarantees. You will need to check with the supplier what their returns policy is.
    Last edited by Nicely; 22-06-2007 at 08:05.

Rides
    Can they do JDM parts as well Nicely? i.e. Kouki s14 bumpers?

Rides
    They're in Japan. What did you think...? If Nissan still do it, they can get it. That includes all the JDM accessories that we never got (so long as they aren't discontinued).

Rides
    www.courtesyparts.com are also good for some Nissan stuff, they are stocking more and more SR stuff now.

Eg, CA lifters are #£6 at Courtesy, the UK prices is ~£45.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezz_S13
    www.courtesyparts.com are also good for some Nissan stuff, they are stocking more and more SR stuff now.

Eg, CA lifters are #£6 at Courtesy, the UK prices is ~£45.
    I've see the brand new full genuine kouki rear light set up, with panels and lock come in at £273, plus postage of course, but that is bloody cheap

http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_s13.html

Anybody got an idea how much shipping and duty would be if you got caught.

Rides
    duty and vat will be 22% plus the shippers £10-15 handling fee.

Shipping might be expensive though, but if a couple chipped in and ordered them together it might spread the shipping.
    You'll probably get done for tax from courtesy.

Rides
    They're not like tak*k*i*a then who mark the value down to a nominal fee to help you avoid paying the duty

Rides
    Didn't mine, no. But I didn't ask them.

When ordering abroad, you have to assume the worse, then anything less is a bonus but shouldn't be depended on.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by don
    They're not like tak*k*i*a then who mark the value down to a nominal fee to help you avoid paying the duty
    if you do a couple of orders and ask nicely they will (perfectrun that is)

Rides
    im after a front bumper for my s14a if possible.can you pm me please?cheers