Thread: PS13 Restoration/ Project

Rides

PS13 Restoration/ Project

Hi, I hope to keep a decent log of what i do to this car, having had a build thread on cars previous but not sticking to them that well i hope this one will be different!

So i picked up my 13 last weekend, found it listed on Pistonheads originally, It was one of those cars that i knew as soon as i saw it for real i would have to have it Anyway, a few weeks and some saving later and i bought it home!

Love at first sight

She'd been sat in an unused paint booth for almost 9 years apparently so a good check over was required!

The previous owner was kind enought to do a cambelt and water pump for me prior to pick up

My good friend Bruce got the pleasure of the drive home

First drink in a long time!

Safe at home

My plans are to get under it over the winter months and get everything off it, shot blasted and powder coated (probably a nice shade of silver or metallic grey) and get any rust sorted, altho from a good look on the ramp there isnt much atall!, iv driven it a small amount and myself and my friend Bruce agree shes defiantly a good one mechanically at least!

Long term i think it will see some wider wheels, nice low stance and a classy retro/ jdm inspired overhaul. period correct interior etc... nothing too lairy, just a cool clean car.

Thanks for reading, any tips or advice is always welcome.

Rides
    Great work dude. retro for the win (dont drift it) Look forward to seeing what happens with this

Rides
    Id love to find a PS like that!
    Love them!
    Looks like its going to be a good base car to do bits too!
    The plan sounds spot on for what id do to it too
    I guess you meant timing chain not belt as well. sorry to be arsey

Rides
    Thanks guys, yea my last project was a bit loud and crazy so this ones going to be a bit more classy

I'v always read about "barn finds" but never found one, so glad i got it.

Rides
    Had a cleanup today, the rain stopped any real progress but got something done at least,

starting at the rear of the car i got a load of dirt and grime out of the boot shut, no before pictures but it was genuinly nasty!

Replaced the dented rusty filler cap with a clean one

gave the inside a damn good clean, have the original dealer mats with "Nissan" on them too

engine bay still needs some tlc

boot floor looks pretty cool, this will get cleaned up and im going to stone chip it along with the arch liners and under the car.

All the suspension parts and lower arms are coming off for a strip down and powder coat soon too! Here is my current plan...
    Last edited by feekstyle; 26-10-2013 at 15:25.

Rides
    plans look good. is that the rocket bunny kit or gentleman kit.

Rides
    Rocket Bunny front, unsure of the sides but I live the arch extensions! Probably have a rocket bunny wing too.

Rides
    Did some Rust hunting today

Found a hole at the front of the drivers sill, in the wheel arch almost and a couple of old repairs in the back but to be honest i was aware of those. Tomorrow i plan to get the wire wheel on it all and give it a good coat of fresh black underseal/stonechip that my mate is bringing over from his work.

I'v bought the lights inside to give them a damn good clean and polish too. Im also considering swapping the projectors for the other style lights but im unsure of that just yet.

Current plan is to get the car tidy and reliable for summer so i can use it when the weather is nice and progress with the work and enjoy it.

Rides
    any progress mate?

Rides
    It's not a PS13, it's an S13 (P means it has an SR20)

Anyway, nice looking car, I'd go for 5 stud conversion and some R33 GTR wheels
    Last edited by Actual_Ben_Taylor; 09-01-2014 at 11:17.

Rides
    ah ok, thats something more iv learnt about this then! So s13 coupe is more accurate then? Il be going 5 stud i think, 16/17" wheels with a low offset, its never going to be a fire breathing monster but i can make it look cool and enjoy it.

Update:

preparing for a spot of welding with the old man tomorrow, lucky he knows what he's doing! should save me some money when it comes time to visit the body shop.

figured il go for one big piece under here, the other holes are obviously individual parts, i cut these out today ready for my Dad to weld them in tomorrow.

Also fitted a Driftworks lockout button, although im not building this specifically to drift i will want to slide it about and do a few dwyb days, it was a cheap and easy mod too.

Thats it for now, il post some more bits once iv made some real progress.
    Last edited by Travis13; 25-01-2014 at 12:44.

Rides
    Big update:

Decided on a route for the car at last, too many ideas and inspirational builds these days! Im going to run the car stripped out with my old corbeau seat and nardi wheel. the interior will probably be painted satin black to keep it looking neat and limit glare through the windows in the summer. 15x9 wheels retaining the original 4 stud setup and a nice retro stance.

got the sound proofing out using the old dry ice technique.

test fitting, i bought a Bride seat rail for this but dont like how high it sits having always owned and used very low seat rails so this will be sold on and iv already purchased a Driftworks super low rail.

Next up was some rust removal id found from before:

Once all that was sorted it was time to send the car off to my paint friend. i marked the areas of concern and sent it off.

Its been with him a while now and made some good progress. he is doing it on the side of other projects to keep the cost down. Friends eh? (y)

Thats all for now, i have been parts hoarding since its been gone: DW braided brake and clutch lines, steel tuner nuts, oils and filters etc... basically anything i felt needed changing or upgrading on a car thats been sat 9 years!

Thanks for reading. comments and and constructive criticism welcome.

Rides
    Really great work, looking forward to seeing more updates

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Good work, you keeping it that colour?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks guys, just realised I didn't post a picture of the arch finished, it did get welded properly!

It's going to be painted the original nissan color which is Th1 g dark blue. Il put pics up as I get more.

Rides
    really like the color on this...please keep it that same color with the bodykit on...

keep it up

Rides
    Awesome work buddy, keep the pictures coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Oooh also just realised your local. Let us know when its sorted and get it allong to a meet mate, where in herts are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    Its defiantly having a color change, sorry!

Hitchin, where do the local meets happen? im terrible at keeping up to date with forums so iv probably missed the tread.

Update: Picked up a mint bonnet and bumper to avoid using too much filler (im really picky about filler) and now need two doors as the two i bought seem to be full of it too! Nightmare!