Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New SR20 fitting guide

Rides
    Hy, First lat my apologizes for my bad Engels.

I'm right now working at a SR20DET swap in to a LHD S13 (CA18DET engine). I have a RHD S14A SR20 engine and loom.

I'm attempt to use this fantastic guide to do the wiring. Connector F8 and F10 are good all the colors are the same as in the guide.

Connector F10 I have a problem. Pin 1(Neutral) is fine. Pin 5(Fuelpomp) is fine. Bud at pin 8(ignition) The guide says the wire is brown bud my wire is purple! What can i do? (Additional info: The guide says that at connector F10 there are 3 times no pins present. Bud at my F10 connector all the pins have wires and number 7 is brown.?

Connector F4 ( of the S14A loom) I have all sow a problem. Pins numbers 32/31/40/30/29/22 are oke and the same color as the guide says. Bud nou I'm still looking for pin 48 and 35. The are not present on my f4 connector. The holes are empty. Wat kan i do? Att pin 41 is a brown wire... Can i yous it? And at pin 43 there is a WHITE/BLACK ( not black/white as the guide says) Is it the ride wire?

I hope shom body can help my out.

Greedz,

Roy, Netherlands.

Rides
    Fair play man, great to have people take the time to do this stuff!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    Hy, First lat my apologizes for my bad Engels.

I'm right now working at a SR20DET swap in to a LHD S13 (CA18DET engine). I have a RHD S14A SR20 engine and loom.

I'm attempt to use this fantastic guide to do the wiring. Connector F8 and F10 are good all the colors are the same as in the guide.

Connector F10 I have a problem. Pin 1(Neutral) is fine. Pin 5(Fuelpomp) is fine. Bud at pin 8(ignition) The guide says the wire is brown bud my wire is purple! What can i do? (Additional info: The guide says that at connector F10 there are 3 times no pins present. Bud at my F10 connector all the pins have wires and number 7 is brown.?

Connector F4 ( of the S14A loom) I have all sow a problem. Pins numbers 32/31/40/30/29/22 are oke and the same color as the guide says. Bud nou I'm still looking for pin 48 and 35. The are not present on my f4 connector. The holes are empty. Wat kan i do? Att pin 41 is a brown wire... Can i yous it? And at pin 43 there is a WHITE/BLACK ( not black/white as the guide says) Is it the ride wire?

I hope shom body can help my out.

Greedz,

Roy, Netherlands.
    Hi,
    firstly the S14a doesn't have pins 48 and 35 - you're reading the wrong column in the guide (they're only used on the S14) .

Secondly, the guide is wrong
    The LHD section in the appendix is incomplete, I should have realised this . Please refer to the pinouts in:
    http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s13faq/sr20lhd.doc

I'll update the main guide soon when I can get adobe pdf writer working again with vista 64 . I might actually split it into separate guides as there's so many versions included now (with 180sx to add soon too).

Rides
    Oky fantastic!. I'm gone wire the loom flowing this guide then. Bud can you explain more aboud the PTU? I have a RHD s14A loom. Is it need to do it or is it only need if you have a LHD s14A loom?

Rides
    Oky fantastic!. I'm gone wire the loom flowing this guide then. Bud can you explain more aboud the PTU? I have a RHD s14A loom. Is it need to do it or is it only need if you have a LHD s14A loom?
    You only need to wire in the PTU for an LHD S14a loom, as it's not part of the ECU harness, being located on the other suspension turret

All the PTU stuff in the LHD supplement isn't relevant to you as it's for a LHD S14a loom

Rides
    Oky the engine is working . Tanks for this fantastic guide!.

Dud the only thing i don't understand is the tacho connections. I connect the yellow/red wire of the F1 connector to F4 pin 3. And then simpleye connect the ingnition10A whit the 33k ohm resistor to the f4 pin 3? And will a 0.25W resistor by enough?

Rides
    Nobody knows?

Rides
    Nobody knows?
    Yes that is how you wire it and a 0.25W resistor is enough

Rides
    John Bennets SR conversion link isnt working?!

http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s...R20Guide08.pdf ~1.5MB

Anyone help me out please

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by riske View Post
    John Bennets SR conversion link isnt working?!

http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s...R20Guide08.pdf ~1.5MB

Anyone help me out please
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...56#post5228156

Rides
    How do I have to wire the ignition and cas on a jdm s14a rhd harness without nats?

Rides
    We take a example like F10 (brown one) should you just use the cables that are marked red in this guide in this manual or the grey aswell?

Rides
    Can an s14a speed sensor be used as I cannot remove the s13 item? Surely it's just a case of rewiring them?

Rides
    i cant open the pdf on page 1 for the sr into s13 can anyone help at all?

Rides
    This one?

Rides
    i think its this one if this is the simplified version! how do i get it to work? my pc says cant open file when i try to open the link and asks if i want to try using the internet to find a web page to open it with!?! tried this anyway but it still didn't work!! any ideas??

Rides
    I just downloaded the document and then opened it.
    You've got Adobe reader installed on your computer right?

Rides
    dont think i have by the looks of it!

Rides
    That would be a good start or use an online pdf reader: Try this

Or go here and paste in this link

Failing that, download the Adobe pdf viewer here and download the original document on page 1

Rides
    right tried your links even the adobe down load and still no good!?! your try this link kinda worked but i could only open the chapters so only saw the first page all the time of each one and no more maybe its my firewall or whatever!
    on another thing, i noticed it mentions the sr mounts straight on the ca mountings but the way it describes with the gearbox does that mean you use the sr box as well or does it mean the ca's box will bolt directly to the sr engine? also if its the sr box do i then need the sr's prop, diff and driveshafts? will that then entail needing s14 rear hubs and so on?
    thanks,steve