Thread: Membership FAQ

Rides

Membership FAQ

How do I join?

Joining the SXOC is simple, first you need to register for membership on the main site here, please make sure you fill in your full address. You then need to send your payment, you can pay by sending a cheque to the address given on the registration page or you can pay by paypal, details of how to pay via paypal are here, it is also possible to pay your area rep at a local SXOC meet. You will receive a confirmation email once payment is received and your membership is active. Please note membership payments are non refundable.

How much is membership?

Membership costs £15 a year when paid by cash or cheque and £16 a year when paid by Paypal

Where do i send it

New Memberships:

SXOC
    6 Wheatfield
    Mottram Rise
    Stalybridge
    Cheshire
    SK15 2TZ

What do I get with membership?

Once payment is received and your membership is processed, you will receive a membership pack containing your membership card, SXOC keyring, SXOC sticker and a club discount list. Please allow 28 days for your membership to be processed.

You also receive the following benefits,

• Access to the members only area
    • SXOC email address
    • Your own page on the main site where you can upload photos and specification of your car
    • Bi-monthly Newsletter, available to download from the members area
    • Club discounts with various tuners and parts suppliers
    • Club discount on car insurance
    • Club merchandise
    • Invites to be on the club stand at major event's such as JAE and Japfest
    • Club only events such as rolling road days and track days
    • Club oil analysis scheme
    • Members only for sale section

We are constantly looking at new ways to give our members the best value for money.

How long does it take?

Normally memberships are processed within 7 days of payment being received and membership packs sent out shortly thereafter, however as this is a voluntary run club and spare time can sometimes be an issue, you should allow 28 days for your membership to be activated

Member but can't see the members area?

When memberships are processed, we check to see if if the new member is registered on the club forum, if they are, access to the members area is granted straight away, if you register on the forums after you have joined the club you will need to contact us at memberships@sxoc.com with your username so we can grant access.

Moved, changed car or personal info?

You can update your address, car details or personal details simply by logging on to "My SXOC" on the main www.sxoc.com site, you would have been sent your username and password by email when you first joined, if you have forgotten it contact us at memberships@sxoc.com and we will reset it for you.

How/when do I renew?

On the first of each month, all members due for renewal in that month will be sent a PM or email containing renewal instructions, a list of renewals due will also be posted on the BB, you can pay your renewal by cheque, paypal or by cash to your area rep.

Who do I contact regarding membership?

You can contact Dr Bob at memberships@sxoc.com or by PM for any membership queries.

When can I take advantage of Membership car Insurance discounts?

You can take advantage of the discounts once you have received your membership pack and number, you should under no circumstances take out a discounted policy until your membership is confirmed as it may invalidate your insurance if you have an accident/claim

The registration page doesn't seem to work

The registration page will only work when using Internet Explorer, if you are using a different browser swap to IE and try it again.
    Last edited by Dr Bob; 14-03-2008 at 22:20.