Thread: CA18det ign maps here

Montpellier FRANCE and Gold Coast Australia
    Rides

CA18det ign maps here

I would like to get an idea CA18DET's ign map from mild to wild. So if you have an aftermarket cpu (any), please post your ign map (print-screen when you have your map open then paste in paint if you dont know how) and tell us what engine mods you have, the boost, fuel and power youre running.

If someone has a PFC CA18DET base ign map, this would be a good control also the base ign map from the stock CA18det cpu.

Hopefully some of you will post!!!!

Cheers

Rides
    I have a CD of different Nissan maps but I've not worked out how to open them up (weird software) Phatbob would be a good person to talk to as he gave me the Maps

Rides
    many of us have aftermarket maps, also many of us pay lot of money for them to post copies here.
    But just give you idea for wild modification of ign. maps. Usually, they are just more retarded in higher loads/revs. It is not so hard modify ign. maps, easier than fuel ones. Also, dont forget, that goal is to NOT MODIFY ignition if possible (let it advanced as possible) and fight against dets by other way (fuel octane enhacements, coller intake mix by wather/ethanol etc....and right fueling of course).
    Lot of words and no copy of map, sorry mate

Rides
    Hi, my ca18et runs 21 degrees (WOT at about 18 psi) with a t3 and a 2mm head gasket. I'd post the map(i use megasquirt n edis) but its on the laptop with no internet connection at the mo. I'd make the effort to copy it out if other people joined in and posted there maps.
    Ben

Rides
    I can email a CA18DET map for use with DTA..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI
    I can email a CA18DET map for use with DTA..
    Yes please srj_stephens@hotmail.com

I have a few ign maps I could post...but these are for the FJ20. If youre interested Id be quite happy to share them from mild to wild (6psi T3 --> 19psi GT30R).

I will collate peoples maps from several forums and then repost so we can all have an idea of what our ign is meant to look like and understand how they relate to our moded ca...

Cheers

Rides
    Emailed it mate...

Rides
    i posted my ca18det ignition maps on nico and got flammed LOL - it was a modified (by me) SR map created by Enthalpy (Scott on Freshalloy) the famous USA SR20 ECU tuner for a tunned SR20DET. i needed one to replace the map i had form my base tune it would ping/detonate in higher rpm and boost. using his method of pulling 0.75* of timing for every pound of boost, i fiddled with it allot..

NOW use this at your own risk, my car is running a little rich (fuel map settings), but no pings/detonation at all..

Last edited by ca19det; 30-09-2005 at 17:28.

Rides
    full vaccum (-100 kpa)
    0 boost (0 kpa)
    7 psi (50 kpa)
    10 psi (70 kpa)
    14.5 psi (100 kpa)
    etc...

i created the maps in the E6K software and them opened them in the E11 halwin software to see it in 3d, so i can smoothen it out etc...

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

read this post for more insight

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ca19det
    i posted my ca18det ignition maps on nico and got flammed LOL -
    I suppose it is just a matter of time before you get that here, too LOL LOL

Nevertheless, nice one mate

Rides
    Wow thanks CA19det.

Im actually not asking people to post their maps in order to use them...I will go from my base map in my Wolf3d and tune from there. Im just interested to know what CA18 maps look like as this gives us an indication of how the engine responds to timing.

Why would you get flamed? If someone else uses anyone elses map and doesnt modify it (ie tune it) specifically to their engine....its a risk they take, a risk I wont take.

Thanks a lot. The thread you linked us to have plenty of good info for a basis of tuning ign maps.

Cheers

If youre interested:

Last edited by Frenchweapon; 30-09-2005 at 17:59.

Rides
    i was flamed cause people were saying teh SR and CA are different motors, you cant use the same timing, you will blow your motor etc.. my motor is fine :P

Rides
    Heres my ign map - CA, GT30, 32psi, water injection. You need to subtract 22 from each number to get real degrees.

Last edited by Jez; 30-09-2005 at 20:33.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    Heres my ign map - CA, GT30, 32psi, water injection. You need to subtract 22 from each number to get real degrees.

Are you running on a low compression spec mate?

Rides
    WOW thanks jez, there are some things that are not clear to me. I had read that the CA18 timming had to be devided by 2 to get the actual value, and AFAIK the CA18 ECU donīt have TTPMIN, are you using a CA18 or SR20 ECU?

BTW, nice program, live trace and all

Rides
    my current map although not actually mapped out properly just now is taken from enthalpies maps.
    since the sr uses similar sized injectors for a bigger displacement, surely u should simply overfuel a bit using the fuel map?
    not done much with ignition so far
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tineira
    WOW thanks jez, there are some things that are not clear to me. I had read that the CA18 timming had to be devided by 2 to get the actual value, and AFAIK the CA18 ECU donīt have TTPMIN, are you using a CA18 or SR20 ECU?
    AFAIK theres just an offset on the ign map. I'm using a standard CA ECU and they do have TTPMin

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasx
    Are you running on a low compression spec mate?
    Low ish, not sure exactly what it is though.

Rides
    Hi Jez,

could you let us know which type of emulator do you use with your software? Thanks

Rides
    Hello guys, sorry if I take this topic back from death. I'm searching a base map like the guy who created the topic. Just the ing. timing table, just to have an idea to start with.

Thanks in advice