Thread: Clutch and fly wheel combo

Rides

Clutch and fly wheel combo

I'm currently having problems with my clutch slipping on boost so the time has come to change it.

I'm going to uprate the clutch to an organic one and i've been advised that while i'm doing this i may as well put on a lightened fly wheel at the same time. Makes sense!

Just wondering what combo deals the traders are doing, if any?? And how much they are??

Will be running 300-330 bhp by the time i'm done!

Rides
    I was going to ask something almost identical but you beat me to it JACKO5
    Interested in the same but with a paddle clutch such as the RPS 6 puck

Rides
    Lifted from SRBPower's section - I don't know Bren's prices but I expect he'll be round in a short while

Quote Originally Posted by srbpower
    Sport Street disc rated 280lbft £230
    MAX Street disc rated 475lbft £305 > MENTION SXOC SPECIAL OFFER £269

Sport Puk disc rated 340lbft £290 > SXOC DEAL £259
    MAX Puk disc rated 550lbft £350 > SXOC DEAL £299

RPS Clutch and CYN-R-G PACKAGE PRICES

Sport Street disc rated 280lbft & CYN-R-G £510
    MAX Street disc rated 475lbft & CYN-R-G £580 > SXOC DEAL £550

Sport Puk disc rated 340lbft & CYN-R-G £570 > SXOC DEAL £540
    MAX Puk disc rated 550lbft & CYN-R-G £625 > SXOC DEAL £590

Flywheel alone £325 > SXOC DEAL £295

We don't sell Fidanza FW's for the SR20DET cars any longer, as the RPS CYN-R-G has proven to be a superior and reliable product, so we need not bother stocking 2 FW's.

Rides
    Id really like to see some evidence to back up this statement seeing as we have had ZERO issues or problems with the Fidenzas. I want to know what proven basis this statment is founded on:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    We don't sell Fidanza FW's for the SR20DET cars any longer, as the RPS CYN-R-G has proven to be a superior and reliable product, so we need not bother stocking 2 FW's.
    ACT organics have been proven to be capable of at least 350lb/ft of torque. And I mean proven, as run in a car, its not just a quoted manufacturers figure

They have a very nice light pedal feel, really sweet engagement, we have had zero issues with them and theyre a fully comprehensive kit with plate, cover, release bearing, alignment tool and spigot bush.

Flywheels are £295, choose from Fidenza, RPS or JUN

Rides
    oops, looks like I've put a cat among the pigeons with that quote

Rides
    Bren isn't it about time you updated your webby with all these products? (I had no idea how many different clutches you guys stocked )

Rides
    They're proven to work and they ARE superior to Fidanza's cos the patented segmented design means they can't warp, thus making them superior. We've not had any issues with Fidanza either, which is great but as the RPS is the same price, why bother stocking 2.

As for proven torque handling, I think you only need to look at AWD MS's Pulsar running a MAX PUCK, the fastest Pulsar in the UK. The RC Dev's Evo 6 running an RPS kinda speaks volumes too. We don't have any cars fitted with RPS kits that push the borders of the rated torque caps, there's no point. I've no doubt at all that an S14 kit rated to 550lbft will take 550lbft, but there's no point in using that kit in that car, as it's on the edge a lot of the time and will shorten it's life span no doubt. Like all these guys running LUK OEM kits at 300hp+ etc etc, great, but for how long exactly? Why do a job twice when you can do it once.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel san
    Like all these guys running LUK OEM kits at 300hp+ etc etc, great, but for how long exactly? Why do a job twice when you can do it once.
    mine lasted 15k and it was screwed when it came out. I was running around 230. I recon the LUK for the CA is good for 220 but no more, and I have another preference for standard replacement anyway

we might be able to do you a deal on a fitted package