Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On line parts finders/breakers yards

Rides
    Used www.partsgateway.co.uk it sends your request to all the main jap breakers as mentioned above. Its very good site and simple to enter details etc also it sends you an email with all the quotes when they get them. Its not an actual breakers yard more like a portal to the others but its very good all the same

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by gazwold View Post
    iv used dewsburyautosalvage and they offered a garenttee for a turbo so went for it and it died straight away and they never put the money back in my account rang them more than 30 times and messed me about every time

I've just spotted this thread. I had a similar experience with Dewsbury. They sent me a radiator with nearly all the fins missing. They didn't honour their warranty even though I returned the rad to them at my own cost and within the time limit. They kept my money.

Rides
    hi mate looking 4 a osf wing 4 a s13 200 sx prefacelift

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
    Does anyone know of anywhere that does used JDM parts - i.e. breaks crashed imports?

Trying to source an S13 Silvia wing

Try 5 STAR JAP SPARES in Rainham 01708550794............

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dal200sx View Post
    hi mate looking 4 a osf wing 4 a s13 200 sx prefacelift
    you have a pm

Rides
    Never used them but found these the other day:

http://www.japperformanceparts.co.uk/

Rides

Superb breaker service

Wow! Just used this & literally 2 mins later a breaker rings with the part How goddamn quick was that Well chuffed.
    Beefheart.

http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/index.aspx

Rides
    Have used find a part a few times before:

http://www.find-a-part.com/car-parts-breakers.asp

Rides
    I've also use findapart.com to get some front calipers. I was contacted by a company called "Japparts" in Stockton-on-Tees (very similar name to "Japarts" but I'll get to that later). They offered me a very resonable sounding deal of £150 for the set inc VAT and delivery. There were no images of the item but they insisted that the parts were tested and in perfect working order. I agreed on the sale, paid the money and 3 days later they arrived.

I'm no mechanic but I had my doubts about the quality as soon as I saw them. They were extremely rusty with old brake dust caked onto most of the interior surfaces. I took them to my friend who owns a garage, he examined them and advised me to send them back as he didn't think they were healthy.
    I call Japparts the next day and was told..

"The calipers work, mate. Just fit them to your car."

I told them I'd rather not as I didn't want to risk it and asked them for a refund. They then told me that as there was nothing wrong with the calipers and that I had "changed my mind" about buying them they would deduct 30% from the refune for restocking fees! Lucky for me I also have a friend who is a barister and she told me that it was illegal for them to charge any fee on returns because of the Distance Selling Act (basically if you buy something online or by phone you are entitled to a 7 day cooling off period, within this time you can return the goods and get a full refund). Not only this but apparently is is also agaist the law to trade under a name that is too similar to another better known company (see I said I'd get to it later ). Apparently it's a common scammers trick.

I explained about the cooling off period to the very unfriendly guy at Japparts, he dismissed it, claimed to know the law and told me that I wouildn't get any of my money back because the parts had been tampered with! At this point I got in touch with trading standards to get some advice. They confirmed what my friend had told me and advised me to return the goods (recorded delivery) along with a letter explaining that they had 30 days to return a full refund.

I did eventually recieve a refund but it was for only £140 (they didn't refund the delivery). Even though I could have insisted on a full refund I'd had enough of them by then so left it at that.

Just thought I'd let you guys know so you can avoid them. I hope no one else has to go through that rubbish.
    Cheers,
    Last edited by Uberdread; 20-06-2009 at 06:34.

drivers seat of my 200SX, RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRE.
    Rides
    I used FCS (Foreign Car Spares) in Birmingham for an O/S front wheel hub & bearing. Cost
    £60 inc P+P inc VAT. Took 3 days to get to me. Seems to be one of the few places in the midlands
    To stock Jap parts. www.foreigncar spares.com

Also Intapart in Daventry usually have a couple of S14's that they are breaking, be prepared
    To barter on price though as initial prices can be steep but they will drop their price
    www.intapart.com or 01327 310511.
    SAMs-S14

Rides
    Last edited by Jonnay; 09-10-2013 at 14:56.