Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anglia project.......

Rides
    Love the ava sticker

Oh was that not what u were asking about

i think ur mad Jim, that bay was tight enough without adding more in

One suggestion if i may mate, change ur actuator hosing to fuel hose, cos that silicone stuff ballooons and will cause u boost spikes
    Member no. 31 Project Purplyness
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    for sale,,,,one anglia bonnet

Rides
    have i seen this at crail before? i know of an sr20det powered anglia but not an rb.

Rides
    Yes Mike ive had the car at crail before, ran a best of 13.0!

Do you have any pics or more info on the sr20det anglia?
    Last edited by ekjim; 03-03-2009 at 13:12.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ekjim View Post
    yes mike ive had the car at crail before ran a best of 13.0 there do you have any pics or more info on the sr20det anglia?
    no i dont mate sorry. iv only seen it twice and that was at least a year ago now. it could possibly be a ca18det but it definately had the running gear of a 200. anyway rb is the way to go

Rides
    I think its Jim's Ca18 u would have seen Mike, dont know of any Sr'd ones
    Btw i dont think Jim is planning to go RB, he is sticking with the CA, unless iv'e read wrong
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    THAT is absolutely brilliant!! i love it! good job

Rides
    That my friend is awesome

Rides
    Thanks for the comments!

As much as I would like the RB, its hard enough fitting a 1.8 in there!

So sticking with it for now

Will hopefully get pics up again this week to show the custom inlet iv been building for this charger...

Thanks again

Jim.

Rides
    Just another update with the progress....

Thats my inlet made to completion with the suitable mounting for the charger, very pleased with the finished result

Also managed to track down a second hand bonnet to start cutting up and making moulds from. In the end up this wont be the bonnet I am using and the colour will be the same as the car and a some kind of scoop will cover the charger!

Think it looks quite mad just now though

Thanks,

Jim.

Forgot to say, the car got its first mag feature this month in retroford, over the moon with it! Only got one pic though...
    Last edited by ekjim; 17-03-2009 at 21:37.

Rides
    Love it!, looks mental

Rides
    ace jim did see the feature but struggling to find somewhere up here thats stocking it lol

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    This is very You should leave the bonnet as it is, very mad max. I doub't it would pass an mot like that tho
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Looking mad Jim

Shame the charger pokes out so far mate, looks like ur gonna loose a bit of the street sleeper look
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    mental, loads of torque and power from the word go, should be interesting to see how you manage to get it all to work,

i take it from that set up your going to blow through the super charger then,
    will the charger not slow the flow of boost down quite a lot???

also do chargers like that have some kind of boost bypass so you can run a kind of acctuator set up to bleed off any excess boost that you dont want,

Rides
    Sorry on the late answer m.d, the idea was that the supercharger would be doubling up boost with the turbo when the turbo spooled up and also it would give boost constantly which i feel is better for drag racing.

I'll answer the more technical side soon as, im posting on behalf of jim

Anyway, just a few hours ago the hard work eventually paid off as I got the car running

I'll let the pics do the talking and answer questuions that get asked. Thanks for the help along the way again sxoc!

Think the bonnet needs cut again

Thanks,

Jim.

Rides
    i really wanna see a vid of this,

thats really something that i would love to do in the future, even just to see what happens lol,

very impressed with your work mate,

have you tested to see how the boost etc reacts when the charger kicks in and vise versa???

ive just had a thought too, as the boost creeps up from the turbo and the supercharger, surely if you plumbed a vac line from the turbo acctuator to the inlet plenum (not the usual method of in front of the turbo) then the boost from the supercharger would hold the acctuator open untill it begins to run out of steam later in the revs and would not hold the acctuator open anymore, the turbo would then start spooling untill it reached the acctuator pressure again and the boost would be held by the acctuator and would not exceed the max boost of the carger and acctuator set up but would hold to redline with help of the turbo.

you would then be able the adjust the acctuator so that the boost created by the charger would not be enough to hold the acctuator open, then as the boost is doubled up by the turbo the acctuator would set the amount of boost you want to run, it would also then avoid the sudden jurk as the boost comes in from the turbo as the acctuator would already be seeing some boost created by the supercharger and would be nice and easy to control.

my god that was really hard to explain such a simple consept lol, hope it made sence, you would need a non return valve in the vac line so the acctuator would not see overrun vac (not sure if it would hurt tho) and a bleed valve to set the boost after the non return valve and allow the built up boost to bleed off and not hold the wastegate open
    Last edited by m.d.; 06-05-2009 at 18:07.

Rides
    What u doing about the bonnet Jim?

You would maybe get away with dome bumps if u put a dummy on the other side and keep the sleeper look.

Cant wait to see this running mate, hope it goes the way u think it will
    CA19.5DET 390BHP

Rides
    Thanks a lot for that answer m.d. Really like the sound of that idea, limiting the boost probably means I have more chance of my engine staying in one piece . Are you thinking about something similar on a CA or an RB?

Still in the thought process of the bonnet kev, i have a few ideas though and one of them was what you suggested, we will wait and see what happens

I have actually had the car out driving and am over the moon with the results of compound charging! The drive is so much smoother than it was with the t34 turbo alone, the car pulls much stronger due to constant boost and there is no turbo lag The only thing I have to keep an eye on is that the car is now hitting 20psi really quickly and im hoping to keep this engine for a wee bit longer without popping it

Anyway got some new pics that were taken by a friend of my son...

Thanks again,

Jim.

Rides
    i was thinking of doing the same on the RB in mine, it has a serious lack of torque so could well be a very good torque upgrade.

would love to see some power graphs if you get it mapped any time soon, just as a comparison,

and a vid would be class