Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Anglia project.......

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavbo View Post
    Is that at Scottie's Jim? I always have a gander down that street when I pass to see if there's anything interesting in the drive, its always that van though
    Didnt even notice your reply until now! It is, he has sold it now! Doesnt have himself anything good yet either!

Rides
    wheels look good man
    are you using gtr's at the back and gtst's at the front?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fudi View Post
    fit like jim long time no speak however i have been keeping an eye on this every so often, conversion looks good and retaining the firewall seam made all the difference i think its a big mistake when people lose parts like that as they are part of the charachter of the car, cant wait to see her at crail

also your on about new wheels, as you have upset the purists with the engine conversion what about a set of
    rota grid v

in bronze with her lowered a bit more still with the ermine white would look pretty awesome
    rotas are just a shitty knock off - nothing like the real wheels that they copy.

Rides
    Holy thread bump Batman!

Rides
    Big update for the new season...

After completing the SR20 install, the next thing needing doing was an axle replacement. The last time the car was on the quarter the halfshafts on the standard axle got twisted and bent dramatically out of shape, so more power could just be worse...

My first thought was a baby atlas axle but with a cost of around 2k, i opted for something a bit different, a 1990 jeep cherokee with a track-lock diff. To get the thing to fit under an anglia, as you can probably imagine, took a bit of doing. The diff on the cherokee is not central so five inches had to be shortened from one side, and 7 from the other. My halfshafts were then cut and welded to suit the new setup and sent away to hauser racing. From here they were sent to moser engineering USA to make a new pair of custom shafts, they were designed to cope with high power v8 drag cars so hopefully an SR wont burst them

When the shafts were being sorted, the next thought was to get rid of the old leaf springs. I opted to go for a 5 link setup using the ladder bar front mount point as my bottom 4 link. After much measuring, i was left with the top bar pointing slightly downwards, rather than perfectly parallel. To go with this some GAZ coilovers were purchased with 4 inch travel, 2 inches in either direction at normal ride height. ( i hope ) this is what im looking after for hard drag strip launches

Finally, to complete the rear end setup, i opted back to ebay to buy some sierra cosworth rear discs and callipers. With some more cutting and custom work, these now fit my new axle so I should stop And for yet another time, a new propshaft was bought from propshaft services to make it all go!

Big thanks to Scottie for help and advice during this project.

Enjoy the pics, The axle ones are progress, i have better of the finished article to go up asap, hopefully just constructive criticism

Last edited by ekjim; 14-06-2013 at 05:43.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Oh hell yes. Great to see an update, good work

All we need now is alfaholical and cliff to come back now and we'll have sims more epic builds back
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Looking good Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    Oh hell yes. Great to see an update, good work

All we need now is alfaholical and cliff to come back now and we'll have sims more epic builds back
    I am still here but havent done much to the car other than tidying the bodywork (new door skins and rear valance), lowering the pedal box and getting it resprayed. So far my axle in mine seems to be putting up with the abuse but I could do will longer gearing for more relaxed motorway cruising.

Jim

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sounds good. Update your thread
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Go go retro. love them keep them coming

Rides
    Be a good car for the TOTB team

3rd Overall 2016 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    7th Overall 2013 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    8th Overall 2012 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    9th Overall 2011 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    2nd Overall 2010 Prostreet drag series Shakespear County Raceway
    4th Overall in street class 2010 HKS drag series Santa Pod
    2nd Place TOTB IX RWD Drag Shoutout

Best 1/4 Mile ... 10.96 @ 132mph Santa Pod October 2nd 2010

Rides
    Id love to make TOTB, I think i will be pushing it though, im hoping to give shakespeare a go the weekend before it.

Is there space left on the team?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ekjim View Post
    Id love to make TOTB, I think i will be pushing it though, im hoping to give shakespeare a go the weekend before it.

i would love to see this at the weekender!!!!!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_E1 View Post
    i would love to see this at the weekender!!!!!
    Me too

Do it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ekjim View Post

Hi, we are very interested in a nice selection of cars on the team.

Apologies, will read the thread when I have time, but for now what sort of power and times is it making, and are you free last weekend in July?
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    Apologies for not making totb, I would have loved to. You will see from the next update that things might not have went to well anyways...

Since the last update the car has been finalised for now, both on the rollers and prepped for drag racing. For the first time ever I had a healthy enough engine to complete a map all the way to full revs but to keep it good I had the boost wound down a bit from what it was at in the CA to keep things safe.

That 304whp was made at 18psi.

After a month of tweaking things and buying the last bits and bobs we landed at shakespeare county last weekend for the old ford championship. As this was the first outing to the track on five years I was only aiming to get to the end, times weren't a huge concern

First run was using all road tyres and after one gear change I could smell the clutch and feel it starting to slip. Managed a 13.6 though and it didn't get any slower all day mid track things were getting scary so I quickly changed to my favourite purchase

These made an instant difference and the car managed a 12 second pass with no nos for the first time ever and the 60ft came down from my personal best by 0.2, I think a healthy clutch would have improved it even more.
    We then used the gas, and although a 12.5 was managed, I blew every single hose off of my inlet, even the rubber seals out of my injectors the revs went though the roof and when it was put back together there is a top end rattle. End of weekend! Got some good races though

[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/user/ekjim/media/DSCI0251_zps6528484e.jpg.html][/URL

Until next time...

Rides

Rides
    Looks impressive.

Rides
    Long time since I posted on this thread!

So many changes - now document most on YouTube!

Had the car out again yesterday and raced a taycan turbo S!

https://youtu.be/HkZnl9639aE

Rides
    Times are looking great, nice to see it still going and being given the beans!!!

Rides
    That is so class looking! Nicely done!