Thread: ....oh dear

Rides

....oh dear

Hi there,

Have a 200sx, just added a new sony stereo for lots! But on monday someone broke in and smashed it as they couldn't take it out....

The damage seems only superficial, where is a good place to go to have your stereo fixed up?

Also, how do you deal with brake ins? Like hiding stuff or not having a cd changer...

Cheers
    emem

Rides
    This isn't especially helpful, but flash ICE is always going to attract theft.

The 'stealth' type head units are easy to spot, nobody really removes a face-off thingy from the car beyond the first week, and speaker grilles with a brand name on them can be considered 'asking for it' nowadays.

I wish it wasn't so.

Rides
    I always remove the faceoff no matter what, and pop it into the cubby hole armrest thing - at least its not visable.

Is it insured - standard stuff usually is up til £250 or something.....

Rides
    My company can do it but I don't know if I'm aloud to advertise on here.
    Nismo Mark??

Rides
    Well, I have gone to halfords and funny enough when you buy stuff they love you, when you go back for help they hardly listen to you...

Thank you all,

emem

Rides

Lightbulb

After the third break-in I started to started to get the hint ...GO STEALTH!!
    In my last motor I fitted all the speakers behind the factory grills and made a mock up face plate from the front of a dead stereo from a scrappy and clipped that on the front of my pioneer unit!! ...Worked a treat, the theiving wouldn't even bother breaking a window for a Grundig!

A good alarm system goes a long way too!