Thread: What's it worth?

Rides

What's it worth?

I'm going to have a look at a black 51 plate s14a automatic (I know) tomorrow with 15,000 miles on the clock.

It's from a Nissan dealer with FSH and comes with a 1 year comprehensive warranty.

It's sitting at £8,750 but the guy I spoke to said he could move slightly if there was no trade in. He also said it had just been reduced from £9,999 (aye right).

Do you guys think think this is reasonable. Parkers seem to think it's reasonable but I'm not sure.

Cheers

John

Rides
    Sounds pretty good to me, I would be slightly concerned about the low miles though(lots of short trips?)

Also if the dealer is already talking about reductions then you have the green light for some serious negotiating!

Rides
    auto?? might be dificult to move on in the futre on here if you mod it ect. good low mileage though!

Rides
    tis on auto trader? looks like a nice motor but isnt £8750 bit expensive regardless of the mileage? im sure a few guys on here got 99-00 14a's for sub 6k.

Rides
    Yeah it's the one on Autotrader. I think it is a bit expensive aswell but wasn't sure what I could try and get them down to. Below is what Parkers says it's worth so it does look to be a reasonable price. Suppose it's only worth what someone will pay for it.

Nissan 200 SX
    2.0 Touring 2d Auto 2001/51
    Insurance Group 18 (get a quote)
    Average mileage: 30,000 miles
    Cost New ('01) £ 25700
    Franchised Dealer £ 9535
    Independent Dealer £ 8680
    Private Good £ 7760
    Private Poor £ 5455
    Part Exchange £ 6575

Cheers Guys

John

Rides
    If I was looking for the best/newest possible S14a I'd probably buy it and then do an Auto>Manual conversion using a fully recon gearbox, new clutch slave/master cylinder etc.

Mmmm, Manual black 51 reg S14a with 15k on the clock

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    i drive past that car quite often, its been there for a few weeks and tis true it has just been reduced from 9995, it does look very nice, and so do the 2 350's that are there

Rides
    Sounds very tidy offer 7.5K as it’s got to be worth that. Recommend you do a manual convention, don’t know how much it would cost but you would easily make the money back on re selling the car.

Rides
    Went to see it earlier today. Looks in great nic from a distance but on closer inspection there is quite a few scratches and a couple of small dents.

Took it for a test drive and it seemed okay but it didn't seem as responsive as my manual, was noisier and didn't stop as quickly which all seemed a bit strange. I have never driven a manual before and I probably didn't manage to get the best out of it in such a short space of time.

The manual conversion sounds good but I don't really have the time or the knowledge for it but for someone who has it could be a good buy.

The lowest they were willing to go to was £8,500 which I don't think it is worth so I decided to hold out for a manual.

The 350's on the forecourt are indeed very nice but unfortunately out of my reach.

John