Thread: £600 - 650 to spend on suspension or brake mods

Rides

£600 - 650 to spend on suspension or brake mods

I`ve got £600- 650 to spend, do I
    1) get a set of coilovers and brake hoses or
    2) get 8 groove discs, pads all round, brake hoses, ARB`s front and rear or even
    3) KYB AGX adjustable dampers, new springs, brake hoses and pads or
    4) Nismo sports kit

I do want to take the car out on the track and I don`t have to use it to get around everyday. oh and it`s an S14

Rides
    coilovers.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennie
    coilovers.
    i have brens coilovers, 6/8, bit hard but does it corner like its on rails, . you need decent tyres/ wheels as well, fitted brembo disks with ds2500 which helps stop it

Rides
    Yep, apex Coilovers + good pads. Nissan discs can support this (my mintex 1155 are half-lived and the disc is really correct, at least half a mm wear).

Rides
    So are standard disc`s ok with uprated pads and If I`m going to be doing track days do I need to do the brake hoses or do I just use densent fluid to stop brake fade

Rides
    Get some Anti Roll bars - makes a hooge difference - HUGE!

Rides
    If your tracking it, I would say brakes are the most important as stock items become useless after the first few bends.

where as the suspention, may be soft but it is drivable.

If its for road use, then I would go suspention first as, the brakes are good enough to bring on the abs and there are not many places that you will be doing continual high speed braking to shag the brakes and get major fade.

So if I were you I would spend the money on upgrading the brakes and look for second hand stiffer springs until you can afford coilovers.

Rides
    To get the brakes track-ready, at the least you need braided hoses, better fluid, and good pads.

With the rest of the money, I'd suggest coilovers, although some people have had good results with uprated anti-roll bars, and some better dampers (JSF springs to mind).

Rides
    Id also agree that you will be spanking the brakes so regardless of what power or suspension set up you are running yours going to suffer hugely if you try to run standard brakes.

However a set of front pads will help hugely so you dont need to go on a monster spending spree to get them track worthy Obviously just chaning the pads wont turn the car into an F1 eater but it will make a HUGE amount of difference for not a lot of pennies