Thread: Odd S12 interior

Rides

Odd S12 interior

Just going through all my old stock chucking stuff away and came accross this new door panel for an S12. I don't recall ever seeing an interior like this on a UK S12! Anyone seen one like this before?

Anyone want it otherwise it's going in the bin?

the beast from the north east (derbyshire)
    Rides
    i'll av it please ratdat.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by S13 EATER
    i'll av it please ratdat.
    You're welcome to it mate How's things? Last time I heard you'd had a bit of an accident and were down casualty or something

the beast from the north east (derbyshire)
    Rides
    yeah mate, i fell out of the loft when i was looking for a power steering pot,twisted me bloody ankle, p!ssed of course,i'll picked it up when i get around to fetching the fj, i would of been sooner but every time i go out in one of the cars summet brakes or goes wrong, the latest thing to go was the tubby, i'am hireing a van in about 5 weeks to go to a rock gig in milton keans,just in case my motors won't make it, so i'll get in touch b4 hand.

Rides
    looks like the turbo model interior from an 87-88 Canadian model.

Rides
    i wonder if the seats were done in that grandprix style stuff too?it reminds me of the early porsche 924 some of which had this stuff goin on,i shouldnt really admit but i liked the grandprix come pimp stylin

Rides
    Alright eddie...

yeah thats a left hand drive door card coz it doesn't have extra handle that the passenger gets.

PS What's the latest Ed? Hows progress on ya cars?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdat
    Whoa,trippy.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry1809
    Whoa,trippy.
    ROFLMAO - EXACTLY what I was going to post
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    erh wudnt want to see that after a nite clubbing. thats trippy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 30PSI
    Alright eddie...

yeah thats a left hand drive door card coz it doesn't have extra handle that the passenger gets.

PS What's the latest Ed? Hows progress on ya cars?
    Just been working on my S13 for drifting really. Swapped in an SR and a new LSD. Crashed it nicely at Snetterton though so I've got a fair bit of work to do for the next round

Rides
    I saw some pics on driftworks, didn't know you were there...

Is yours the really battered one then?

What LSD have ya gone for? I've got a VLSD from an S13 that will go in soon. Better than not having one, but not ideal.

Rides
    I saw some pics on driftworks, didn't know you were there...

Is yours the really battered one then?

What LSD have ya gone for? I've got a VLSD from an S13 that will go in soon. Better than not having one, but not ideal.
    Yeah, I was running in Clubman. I crashed during practice but managed to beat the car straight enough to go out in qualifying. Finished 10th in clubman which wasn't too bad

Luckily all the damage is cosmetic not structural so it's not too bad to sort. Mechanically the car is still fine and the chassis straight.

I bought a Nismo GT Pro LSD for it with my credit card Bloody expensive but very good and definately better than a welded diff. It's got an SR from an S14 in it now after the CA's big ends went at round 2 of Eurodrift. It's got a metal HG, GT28R, FMIC and some other friuty bits but still needs a bigger exhaust before I can really get any proper power from it. At Snetterton it wasn't running right and was not making any more power than a CA. It was totally flat above 4500rpm but that could have partially been down to the stock exhaust.

Rides
    Drift cars are supposed to have battle damage, don't repair it...

What have you done to the suspension?

Rides
    Drift cars are supposed to have battle damage, don't repair it...

What have you done to the suspension?
    Hehe, yeah but it would be nice to be able to shut the bonnet properly and have some headlights The crashed shoved the front panel accross about three inches to the passenger side.

At the moment I'm running JIC coilovers on the back along with a solid mounted subframe and on the front it just has lowering springs but it's all urethane bushed. I have coilovers for the front but the shocks are shagged. By the end of the year I might be able to afford some new coilovers hopefully. The current setup is a bit pikey but it drifts well so I'm happy with it for now.

Rides
    Bet that diff helps loads. Mine is majorly improved now I've converted the fronts to coilovers with adjustable top mounts. I'm running 3deg's camber up front to try and offset the rear which is nearly 4 deg's.

Only shows the inadequacy of the rear though, being the camber and the softness. I will try to make up some adjustable platform, otherwise get some springs much stiffer that the ones on there now.

Good effort by all accounts there Eddie, nice one

Rides
    Bet that diff helps loads. Mine is majorly improved now I've converted the fronts to coilovers with adjustable top mounts. I'm running 3deg's camber up front to try and offset the rear which is nearly 4 deg's.

Only shows the inadequacy of the rear though, being the camber and the softness. I will try to make up some adjustable platform, otherwise get some springs much stiffer that the ones on there now.

Good effort by all accounts there Eddie, nice one
    Up until now I've been running the rear on the S13 at maximum toe-out to help couter the locked diffs tendancy to make the car understeer. It worked well too but now it has an LSD it no longer needs it as the car is extremely oversteery I haven't touched camber settings at all yet and won't do until I have decent suspension all round.

I've no idea what rate my rear springs are but they are very hard compared to the front. Good for drifting though

I'd wager you'll have a touch of toe out on the rear of a low S12 too. My 510 get's that due to the semi trailing arm design and to be honest it's much more of a problem than the camber. The camber only becomes an issue drag racing. On 510's standard practice is to slot the mounting holes for the trailing arms so the camber and toe can be adjusted. Might be worth trying on your S12?

Rides
    I've had it adjusted so there is very slight toe in front and rear. Yep, for dragging I have pretty poor grip, especially now its a bit more powerful. I was thinking of drilling out the locations making them oval then use a washer and weld in place to relocate the arm.

Rides
    I've had it adjusted so there is very slight toe in front and rear. Yep, for dragging I have pretty poor grip, especially now its a bit more powerful. I was thinking of drilling out the locations making them oval then use a washer and weld in place to relocate the arm.
    That's the way it's done on Datsuns. Not ideal as it puts slight twisting loads on the bushes but better than having poor geometry. Don't try it if you have urethane rear arm bushed though as it'll kill the bushes pretty fast.