Thread: i have a major boost problem

Rides

Angry i have a major boost problem

Basically sometimes it will hold on full boost no problems, sometimes it will go to hold full boost then drop off a bit, and sometimes it will lose all boost. when it loses all boost it could be ages before it would work again.

I'm pretty sure it's a dodgy/weak actuator, but any help will be appreciated

its on my s14a please help iv also been told its could be a dodgy amul valve

has anyone else had this problem

Rides
    Is the boost reduced for just a moment (like 30s) when you are flat out at high speed, or does it recover when you start the engine again?

Rides
    def sounds like very weak actuator, buy an adjustable on will save you in the future when you want to increase the boost

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_p
    Is the boost reduced for just a moment (like 30s) when you are flat out at high speed, or does it recover when you start the engine again?
    no it doesnt also if its not boosting and then park it up for the night it will still not be boosting the next day till it clears also when its not boosting it will still idle and run fine jus with no boost

Rides
    help please its still doin it

Rides
    I assume youve got a boost gauge?

If so see what boost it runs when the boost drops. Then pull the two wire electrical connector off the boost solanoid on the passenger suspension turret and see if it runs the same low boost level.

if it does then its the boost solanoid thats screwed