Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PowerFC FAQ

Rides
    Yep, supplied with a sensor.

Rides
    Well it's either the

map sensor is not matched to the base settings or it's wrong sensor

Injectors are not what you think they are

Something wrong with fuel delivery ie clogged filters, low voltage to pump etc

What is the part number of your map sensor and if you have datalogit what are the figures set to for the map sensor.
    Last edited by redsx94!; 30-05-2014 at 11:51.

Rides
    got a few questions if someone could shed some light. i have a 180sx '97 kouki and took it to be mapped on saturday. pretty confident with my mapper but we had a query regarding the stock o2 sensor. how does it learn/control the long and short term memory (?). basically, we set the car up and all finished, he turned the stock o2 sensor back on but the afr's went slightly richer doing so. he said it was probably due to the long term memory of the o2. obviously im completely confused.

also is there any way of re-learning the idle without initializing and losing the map? im finding that the idle is dipping a little coming up to junctions and worse with the aircon on.

Rides
    There is no short term or long term learning of the O2 sensor. Below a certain value in the fueling table it is forced into closed loop and will do its best at all times to keep it stoich.

You have to initialise to re-learn the idle, however there is no instruction to say drive it to learn idle after decel, I'd imagine you'd have to try and map it to run after decel.

If the O2 sensor is dodgy this could cause your problem when coming down to idle, try switching it off and drive it.

Rides
    Hi,

I'm in the process of fitting an S15 Power FC D-Jetro to my S14A,

I want to try and start the car on its OEM S14 injectors and coil packs with the ECU before getting it the tuners.

Aside from swapping the harness wires and wiring the IAT and MAP sensor as described on this thread, i would need to:

1. Change the injector size (448/370*100=121),
    2. Leave the latency as is (PFC manual says they are almost identical),

Anythinng i should do regarding the coil packs? changing dwell times? or will it run as is?
    I only want it to start and run and i don't plan on driving it until its tuned.

Appriciate the help!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrids14a View Post
    Hi,

I'm in the process of fitting an S15 Power FC D-Jetro to my S14A,

I want to try and start the car on its OEM S14 injectors and coil packs with the ECU before getting it the tuners.

Aside from swapping the harness wires and wiring the IAT and MAP sensor as described on this thread, i would need to:

1. Change the injector size (448/370*100=121),
    2. Leave the latency as is (PFC manual says they are almost identical),

Anythinng i should do regarding the coil packs? changing dwell times? or will it run as is?
    I only want it to start and run and i don't plan on driving it until its tuned.

Appriciate the help!
    It'll run fine with the S14 coil packs, no need to change anything.

Rides
    Ive had a look through and cant find what im looking for. But my power would turn on the other day. It would just stick on the apexi logo and relays would click. Found a fault with the afm cables. Swapped for new and now the commander wont turn on and car wont start. Were should i check next. Thanks Aaron