Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy - Gauges - Greddy, HKS, Apexi etc.

Rides

Cool Group Buy - Gauges - Greddy, HKS, Apexi etc.

Group Buy on gauges!! These are all very high quality Japanese gauges, imported direct from Japan at prices you won't normally find in this country anywhere. Prices include VAT but please add £6 for P&P. Looking to order in 2 weeks so hurry if possible

I have chosen parts I feel offer the best combination of value and features but if you have any specific gauge requirements not mentioned (Japanese - Veilside, Sard, HKs etc.) please feel free to PM or e-mail me. I am going to put together some details of more optional parts available and a few Blitz gauges, details will be posted shortly.

Here are the prices :

GReddy 52 Ø Electronic Meter Series - available in White or Black (green illumination)

Turbo Meter £83

Temperature £88

Fuel Pressure £122

Oil Pressure £122

Exhaust Gas Temperature £122

GReddy 60 Ø Electronic Meter Series - available in White or Black

Turbo Meter £127

Temperature £104

Fuel Pressure £144

Oil Pressure £144

Exhaust Gas Temperature £144

GReddy 60 Ø Electronic Peak/Hold Warning Meter Series - available in White or Black

Turbo Meter £156

Temperature £125

Fuel Pressure £185

Oil Pressure £185

Exhaust Gas Temperature £162

GReddy 60 Ø Mechanical Meter - available in White or Black

Turbo Meter £88

Please ask if any Greddy gauge you require not mentioned above

Greddy Pillar Meter Panel

Single 52 Ø A-Pillar panel (Universal) £46

Single 60 Ø A-Pillar panel (Universal) £46

Dual 60 Ø A-Pillar panel - S13, PS13, RS13, RPS13 £70

Dual 60 Ø A-Pillar panel - S14 £70

Apex'i EL Meter Series (Electro-luminescent "Indiglo"). 60 mm Diameter. Available in White or Black.

Please note - control unit required. One control unit can operate up to 6 gauges. Gauges feature warning mode and peak and hold

Control Unit - £65

Boost Meter - £145

Oil Temp Meter - £148

Water Temp - £148

Exhaust Temeperature - £155

Oil Pressure - £188

Fuel Pressure - £188

Split Harness (required if installing over 2 gauges) 15cm £6 or 150cm £7

Pivot

"Racing X" 60 mm Boost Meter (White or Black - Multi Colour Illumination) £114

A Pillar Holder (Universal) 52 Ø £26

A Pillar Holder (Universal) 60 Ø £26

HKS Mechanical Gauges (All available in Dark Blue, White or Silver)

Boost Meter 60 Ø £101

Thermometer 60 Ø £101

Oil Pressure Meter 60 Ø £95

Boost Meter 46 Ø £77

Thermometer 46 Ø £88

Oil Pressure 46 Ø £88

If interested please PM or E-mail me! Cheers
    Last edited by Papa Lazarou; 04-05-2002 at 13:09.

Rides
    pappy, the greddy dual meter a pillar mounts, are they full replacement trim panels, dash to roof? and can i have a price on a 60mm hks air fuel meter and a pic please, white dial if you will!! AND HOP TO IT!! right now you understand!!! no, ok, in your own time then mate, cheers muchly.
    p.s. can you find out if your contact could get hold of a nismo air vent guage mount for the drivers door please also, second hand would be fine!!! cheers muchly again!!

Rides
    Hi Jibber - yes the dual Greddy pods replace the whole trim panel. Very neat

Not sure about a HKS Air Fuel Meter. Do you have a part number by any chance? The Greddy one is £235 though. Its their most expensive gauge I think. Retail is £294.67+VAT.....

Only available in 60mm Peak and Hold

I'll see if I can get a Nismo door pod, was under the impression they were out of production.

Rides
    ok pappy, thats a bit to deer for me, any that are cheaper but still niceeee? erm the pod is out of production mate, just wondered if he could get a sercond hand one from somewhere maybe.

Rides
    hi papa,

I like the silver HKS but can the thermometer be used as a egt?

Cheers

Daniel

Rides

Quick Question...

The universal Mount (as featured witht he PIVOT Dials)...is there any reason this would not fit witht the Greedy Boost gauge (52mm)?

Rides

Smile

Jibber : I'll have a look around - the only other Air/Fuel Gauges I can find so far are Pivot (even more expensive). Might be worth considering Autometer or Lumenition if I can't come up with anything cheaper.

Dano : The thermometer can't be used as an EGT unfortunately, although it is suitable for either Oil or Water temps. The scale is wrong and you need a special high temperature probe. HKS' EGT gauges are electronic only.

Prices are : £227 for 60 mm EGT Meter with warning/peak/hold functions. £203 for 46 mm EGT Meter with warning.

Vez : The Pivot mount can be used with the Greddy gauges no problem.
    Last edited by Papa Lazarou; 05-05-2002 at 01:11.

Rides
    This may sound stoopid but I need clueing up:

1) Whats the difference between an electronic and mechanical boost gauge (do the electronic ones have a sender unit, meaning your just sending a wire through the car as opposed to a vacum pipe??)

2) Looking a the greedy gauges the numbers 52/60 do they refer to the size (which I think they do) is this radius....and can i get the 52 gauges (black) with Orange needles to match the rest of me standard dials?

Rides
    Yep they have a sender unit, they are apparently more accurate, and for the little extra money, it'd probably be better going 4 the Peak and hold, as u can recall the highest reading on a run (ie see if it's spiking, without having to look at the guage while driving)

52/60 is the guage size (radius)

Rides

Smile

Papa> Have you got any details of the Greddy 52mm Dual Pillar Pod?

I've already got 52mm gauges and don't intend on changing them (not for bigger ones anyway).

Jibber> Don't bother with an AFR gauge, they really aren't of much use. If you've already got a boost gauge then go for an EGT and perhaps and Oil Temp gauge as well.

Rides
    Vez : - The Greddy gauges are backlit green and the dial illuminates in orange. They don't list an option to change that unfortunately. The HKS gauges have different colour schemes at night

Left to right White, Dark Blue, Silver.

Bean : - Greddy don't make a dual 52mm pod. What I would tend to do is put the gauge you need to look at most frequently (e.g boost) in the A-Pillar, and leave the less well used ones in the dash.

Rides

Smile

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou
    Vez : - The Greddy gauges are backlit green and the dial illuminates in orange. They don't list an option to change that unfortunately. The HKS gauges have different colour schemes at night

Left to right White, Dark Blue, Silver.

Bean : - Greddy don't make a dual 52mm pod. What I would tend to do is put the gauge you need to look at most frequently (e.g boost) in the A-Pillar, and leave the less well used ones in the dash.
    OK thanks Papa,

So you're saying I need to buy another Boost gauge (60mm) if I want to fit two gauges on an A-Pillar?

Anyone want to buy my existing Autometer 52mm Boost/AFR & Oil Temp gauges with Triple DIN PANEL?

Rides
    Do they do Mechanical EGT gauges, and is the sensor mounted in the zorst manifold or what?

Or should I just go for the Electronic jobbies, which of course requires a sender unit(that I haven't the foggiest how to fit mind you)....?

I want 4 gauges, and Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, and EGT, But I wanted them all with a black face and white illuminations..to match my standard gauges in my s13.

One more questions fellas.. who the hell is going to fit them for me...? I can only fit a mechanical Boost gauge because it's a piece of piss to do.....advice fellas!

Papa: I'm definately interested but I'll need some answers to the above first......cheers in advance guys

Rides
    Originally posted by Geeza
    Do they do Mechanical EGT gauges, and is the sensor mounted in the zorst manifold or what?

No they don't make mechanical EGT gauges. The sensor screws into the exhaust manifold, so fitting will require removing this.

Or should I just go for the Electronic jobbies, which of course requires a sender unit(that I haven't the foggiest how to fit mind you)....?

The sender is supplied with the gauges. Like I said, you will need to drill and tap into the manifold.

I want 4 gauges, and Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, and EGT, But I wanted them all with a black face and white illuminations..to match my standard gauges in my s13.

Why not go for something different for a nice contrast instead

One more questions fellas.. who the hell is going to fit them for me...? I can only fit a mechanical Boost gauge because it's a piece of piss to do.....advice fellas!

Most garages shouldn't have a problem. Especially with the optional parts to make it easier (details of which I will post imminently)

Papa: I'm definately interested but I'll need some answers to the above first......cheers in advance guys

Rides
    Originally posted by BeanS14

OK thanks Papa,

So you're saying I need to buy another Boost gauge (60mm) if I want to fit two gauges on an A-Pillar?

Anyone want to buy my existing Autometer 52mm Boost/AFR & Oil Temp gauges with Triple DIN PANEL?
    How about 60mm Boost and EGT in A-pillar, and Oil Temp, AFR, and Fuel or Oil Pressure in the stereo hole?

Rides
    Now that was a rapid response......Excellent Papa L!

Ok I'll speak to the mechanic who just happens to be a electronics wizzz..apparently!

Four guages is a a bit of a weird number I guess... I did want a dual A pillar pod as well....Ooooooooh I can feel a pain coming from from my wallet!!...

Papa: I'll let you know asap...

Rides
    Also Papa if I bought a Dual A pillar pod for a s13, would I be able to fit a HKS 60 mechanic boost gauge in it...?

I'm assuming that the size of the pod is the relevant bit and you should be able to put any gauge of the right size in it regardless of it being mechanical or electronic...

Sound right to you?

Rides

GReddy Option Parts

GReddy

Adjustable Meter Holder (for dash top mounting etc.) 52mm or 60mm - £9

Meter Installation Band (for install in A-Pillar, Dash etc) - £3.50

Hex Nut Sensor Adapter for Temperature Gauge - £10 (Available in following thread sizes - M12, M14, M16, M18, M20, PS)

Hose Adapter for Temp Gauge (for installing sensor in upper rad hose) - £19

Rad hose internal diameter sizes 30, 32, 34, 36, or 38mm (CA engine uses 34mm hose)

Oil Temperature Sensor attachment - installs between oil filter and engine - £80

Installation fitting for Oil/Fuel Pressure Gauge - £3

Sensor holder for Oil/Fuel Pressure Gauge - £8

Flexible hose for Oil/Fuel Pressure Gauge - £35

Rides
    Originally posted by Geeza
    Also Papa if I bought a Dual A pillar pod for a s13, would I be able to fit a HKS 60 mechanic boost gauge in it...?

I'm assuming that the size of the pod is the relevant bit and you should be able to put any gauge of the right size in it regardless of it being mechanical or electronic...

Sound right to you?
    Geeza, that won't be a problem. The Greddy A-pillar panel will take any 60mm gauge.

Rides
    Originally posted by fattyluvshotdogs
    52/60 is the guage size (radius)
    Err I'm sure you mean it's the diameter of the gauge...or else it would be bigger than your speedo!

Papa: Your a Geeza (well I am actually!).... It there any chance of getting dual A pillar pods that hold smaller gauges, such as 52mm or 42mm diameter...I think 60mm might be a bit big... and in your face for me?