Thread: HKS Adjustable Actuator users

Rides

HKS Adjustable Actuator users

Just a quick Q.
    I have just bought one that has never been fitted. I see the adjustment is via shortening/lengthening the arm.

Thing is this looks like it isnt exactly a quick thing to change, so I was hoping you could give me a rough idea what yours was set to when you got it, or how many turns shorter to get a certain psi level. This should then mean its quicker for me to setup.

Thanks.

Rides
    Going to have to be a bit of guesswork I suspect. When you are fitting it, adjust it so that there is little pre-tension on the wastegate if you want it at the lower end of the boost range. Note, there must be some tension on the wastegate otherwise you will get horrendous lag. If you want the base level higher, then I reckon probably a full turn per extra psi you want would sound about right.

Rides
    i have mine on for about a year now set at 15psi. It is easy enough to fit, the hard part it pulling the rod out of the actuator to fit onto the wastegate arm I fitted mine using the standard actuator as a guide then took it to my local performance garage where they tweeked it to 15psi. I think that takes out the trial and error of screwing the arm in and out, then test running it to see what pressure you have. Good luck with the fitting anyway.

Rides
    When fitting mine I just left the C clip off (while testing - it stayed on fine without the C-clip and was easy to pull on/off wastgate with a pair of pliers.

John

Rides
    Cheers guys, still wondering wether to attempt it next Sat .. with SantaPod on Sunday, or to wait, and not break anything.

Rides
    if you do it at pod I'm sure you'll find some helping hands

Rides
    or maybe too many helping hands .
    Easy to fit mate just trial and error with boost levels