Rides
    GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME GIMMEGIMMEGIMME

man I hate shitty upload speeds

Rides
    Its up, so click HERE

Please remember that it hasnt been edited

Enjoy

Rides
    Downloading.. Mmmm.... Awesome captures! One day... i'll be as good as my UK hero.. lol

Paz

Rides
    Downloaded. Cool vid as I was up the other end so saw some different angles.

You dont realise on the vid how close James was to going into the back of Mat! I didnt realise either how many times Phil and Frederick went out either because Mats tyres wernt ready.

Be nice when the edited vids and some of the later footage comes out.

Lee

Rides
    So I take it from all the UKD1 slating that’s going on, we wont be seeing any of you at the 4th round in august?

I think you all had a better time at this event because it seamed to be a kind of free for all.. am I wrong? Were you able to just go out and drift how you like?

Still I like drifting with no rules as well but didn’t like the look of those Armco barriers to much!

Anyways glad you all had a good time.

Rides
    oh yea dont tell anyone phil, but i think your wheels look good in their proper environment..............................

you'd still get laughed at on b-roads tho !

Rides
    MASH, I've just had a quick scan (not going to read back through nine pages ) but I can't see any slating of Silverstone..

I had a fantastic day on Saturday, even though I pulled my trademark move I also had a fantastic day on Sunday, it was completly different, and IMO the 2 events are no threat to each other

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilMorrison
    MASH, I've just had a quick scan (not going to read back through nine pages ) but I can't see any slating of Silverstone..

I had a fantastic day on Saturday, even though I pulled my trademark move I also had a fantastic day on Sunday, it was completly different, and IMO the 2 events are no threat to each other
    Ditto, except for the trademark move
    I will definatly be at UKD1 again!

Rides
    Mash, the main difference was the amount of tracktime we got and the fact that we could do laps so drive for 5-10 mins at a time. Makes a huuuuge difference

Also the drift battle was just incredible, but I can't see Silverstone ever going for that....
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides
    From driving Silverstone and spectating at Brum, I think I'm right in saying that they are a different type of drifting at each event.

Silverstone is about high speed and power, the faster you get to turn one the longer the drift will be, and you want it as long as possible. Luffield is without doubt a power turn.

Brum is different. Its about fast paced technical drifting, all 2nd gear and where if you fook up theres a fair chance you'll kill the car.

Both are appealing but Silverstone is the safer option (no pun intended) as its less dangerous. Beginners can drift at Silverstone but I'd never recommend it at Brum. I wont do Brum at the moment. I dont trust my skills enough.

So I'd say theres a need for both, not that I'd discourage even a crap event let alone the great ones which we've got now as we need as many places to drift as possible.

This shouldnt be a competition between drift camps, everyone should be working together.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides

The 86s sound good

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200
    all 2nd gear
    Or 3rd, stupid 4.778 final drive.. Im sure i'll get used to it, need more speed so i dont bog down in the revs (and paul missed my final run.. wahh.. it was a lil bit better i guess).. But thanks paul, that video was awesome! The battles rocked, and matto's long straight drift against the skyline was top!

But yeah, as Glen mentioned in that other thread, and all of our group said over the course of the weekend that it was great to have 2 drift days in one weekend! We mused how every weekend should be like this, convoying from event to event but we'd be even poorer i guess.. Dont want to count how much it cost this weekend..

Paz

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PazzaAE86

But yeah, as Glen mentioned in that other thread, and all of our group said over the course of the weekend that it was great to have 2 drift days in one weekend! We mused how every weekend should be like this, convoying from event to event but we'd be even poorer i guess.. Dont want to count how much it cost this weekend..

Paz
    Exactly, if 2 great events can be organised so that they are on the same weekend and fairly local to each other then people will travel further to see them or compete. Both days will be a success.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by PazzaAE86
    Or 3rd, stupid 4.778 final drive.. Im sure i'll get used to it, need more speed so i dont bog down in the revs (and paul missed my final run.. wahh.. it was a lil bit better i guess).. But thanks paul, that video was awesome! The battles rocked, and matto's long straight drift against the skyline was top!

Paz
    Sorry Paz,

I was having a bit of trouble with my battery, I had to keep taking it off and rub it to get some warmth/life into it.

Rides
    I loved both events too, the thing for me is that brum looked just like an option video and thats what got me so excited (and look at the number of cars that get destroyed in those). Just to say that I have and am competing at silverstone is a dream come true for me, never thought I'd get that chance. I will be try and do both events but I know that I will be sh!tt!ng it at wheels if it happens again. I love my car and would be deverstated if anything happen to it but drifting is simply more important!! They were so different and I for 1 think they rocked big time!!!!!

Rides
    Theres 300 photos on www.cruiseirl.com of Sunday if anyones interested !
    Cant wait for the next one

Rides
    Your not the only one who can't wait for the next one Seanie - Wheels is a venue more suited to my car than Silverstone. If I can go well at it then maybe we might move up to something Jap.

Pity no one told you that you'd only done two out of your three qualifying laps - I reckon you would have made the final four.

Anyways the shots are online -- > http://www.cruiseirl.com/copper/thumbnails.php?album=37

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    those pics are sweet dude
    I'm well chuffed anyway, there's some fantastic ones of me
    James

The Driftworks Control System 2. In Stock Now!-------------------- What is Drifting?

Rides

Go Ben!

Rides

cracking stuff!