Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
Results 1,601 to 1,616 of 1616

Thread: Oil Advice And Recommendations Here

  1. #1601
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Sorry for the late reply lost notifications for some reason, no need for a flush and the 10w-50 ester synthetics are good for 10-12,000 miles or once a year what ever comes first for normal road and fast road use.

    Cheers,

    Guy
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  2. #1602
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    We are still here so if anyone needs any oily related advice or help just give us a shout

    Cheers,

    Guy
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  3. #1603
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    eindhoven
    Posts
    11
    Rides
    0
    hi,

    looking for a full refresh on a freshly build 350/400hp s15 engine and refreshed gearbox. Car will be used as a daily and occasional track use. Am I right in thinking of going with 5w-40 and 75w-90? What oil would you recommend for the diff?

    cheers.
    Last edited by octo; 22-09-2018 at 17:26.

  4. #1604
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    hi,

    looking for a full refresh on a freshly build 350/400hp s15 engine and refreshed gearbox. Car will be used as a daily and occasional track use. Am I right in thinking of going with 5w-40 and 75w-90? What oil would you recommend for the diff?

    cheers.
    Hi

    If it needs running in, this is ideal.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-115257-...ngine-oil.aspx

    Any idea how hot the oil is getting when driven hard? Does it have forged internals?

    You need a 75w-90 for the gearbox.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90-gear-oil.aspx

    If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Gulf Competition, Motul Gear 300, Fuchs Race Synchro, Red Line MT90 and Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear lube are ideal. The Castrol Universal/Universal Plus/Syntrans Multivehicle, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives.

    Cheers

    Tim
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  5. #1605
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    eindhoven
    Posts
    11
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    Hi

    If it needs running in, this is ideal.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-115257-...ngine-oil.aspx

    Any idea how hot the oil is getting when driven hard? Does it have forged internals?

    You need a 75w-90 for the gearbox.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w-90-gear-oil.aspx

    If you want to go for the best, the Millers CRX 75w-90 NT, Gulf Competition, Motul Gear 300, Fuchs Race Synchro, Red Line MT90 and Amsoil Synthetic Manual Transmission and Transaxle Gear lube are ideal. The Castrol Universal/Universal Plus/Syntrans Multivehicle, Motul Motylgear and Fuchs Gear Syn are all decent alternatives.

    Cheers

    Tim
    Hi Tim,

    This will be after running in. car has forged internals. No idea as to how hot it is getting when running hard (for the time being it won't be seeing track time since winter is upon us *lol* so daily use and occasional spirited road driving would be fine) Regarding the diff 75W-140 for a nismo gt pro lsd would be correct?

    cheers

  6. #1606
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Hi

    I'd probably see what it's like with a 5w-40, but if you find it burns a lot of oil, then a 10w-50 is a better option.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

    Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT+, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Castrol Edge/Magnatec, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

    If it's a Nismo diff, then yes, it needs a 75w-140 and the Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip, Gulf Gear LS, Red Line 75w-140 GL5, Fuchs Sintopoid LS, Motul Gear Competition and Millers CRX NT LS are good options.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-674-75w-140-gear-oils.aspx

    Cheers

    Tim
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  7. #1607
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    eindhoven
    Posts
    11
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    Hi

    I'd probably see what it's like with a 5w-40, but if you find it burns a lot of oil, then a 10w-50 is a better option.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

    Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT+, Motul Sport/300V, Red Line and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XF Longlife, Castrol Edge/Magnatec, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

    If it's a Nismo diff, then yes, it needs a 75w-140 and the Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip, Gulf Gear LS, Red Line 75w-140 GL5, Fuchs Sintopoid LS, Motul Gear Competition and Millers CRX NT LS are good options.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-674-75w-140-gear-oils.aspx

    Cheers

    Tim
    Hi Tim,

    thank you for the update and advice. order just made!

    cheers.
    Last edited by octo; 24-09-2018 at 11:57.

  8. #1608
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Thanks for the order.

    Cheers

    Tim
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  9. #1609
    Guest Oreos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    299
    Rides
    0
    Hello!

    Back for some advice.

    2009 E91 BMW 335i, oil suggestions? Super standard, never tracked or modified (yet) and daily driven

  10. #1610
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreos View Post
    Hello!

    Back for some advice.

    2009 E91 BMW 335i, oil suggestions? Super standard, never tracked or modified (yet) and daily driven
    Hi,

    As its standard your BMW requires the Longlife 04 Specification, link below for you.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-686-bmw...ngine-oil.aspx

    If you choose to gain more power please let us know and we can recommend based on this.

    Regards

    Jack
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  11. #1611
    Guest ps13ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    150
    Rides
    0
    Hi there,

    Im looking into changing out the Diff oil in on my PS13 (standard LSD), its more of a weekend fun drive with around 330-340bhp. what oil would you recommend and do you sell diff cover gaskets at opie oils?

  12. #1612
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Hi

    The diff needs a 75w-90 GL5 oil.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-673-75w...ion-fluid.aspx

    The Fuchs Syn 5, Millers CRX, Red Line 75w-90 GL5, Motul Gear 300, Amsoil Severe Gear and Gulf Competition are ideal for the diff. The Fuchs Sintopoid, Castrol Syntrax Longlife, Millers TRX, Motul Motylgear, Mobil SHC and Gulf Syngear are also good choices.

    Cheers

    Tim
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  13. #1613
    Guest ps13ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    150
    Rides
    0
    Lovely cheers Tim

    Is there a clear winner in your own opinion when it comes to diff oil?

  14. #1614
    Trader oilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    2,070
    Rides
    0
    Hi

    Not really. The Syn 5 has probably been the most popular over the years, but there's not a lot in it.

    Cheers

    Tim
    Use the code SXOC and get 10% Club Discount
    View Opie Oils Current Offers Here > >
    oilman's website: http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ - register for news and offers
    email: sales@opieoils.co.uk
    phone: 01209 202944


  15. #1615
    Guest gaswizards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    northern ireland
    Posts
    895
    Rides
    0
    Hey Oilman,

    Was looking advice for which engine oil to use on my 1990 3 litre toyota supra turbo. It is standard and a recent rebuild.
    Thanks

    Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

  16. #1616
    Guest Oreos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    299
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    Hi,

    As its standard your BMW requires the Longlife 04 Specification, link below for you.

    https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-686-bmw...ngine-oil.aspx

    If you choose to gain more power please let us know and we can recommend based on this.

    Regards

    Jack
    Back again, same car but it's due a service soon. BMW are chucking in 0w 30 but I'm thinking something a bit higher.

    Would you recommend 5w 40 in an N54 or would you likely go 5w 30?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •