PDA

View Full Version : Sold 200 bought T5 Sold that as well

mudzs
22-10-2001, 22:44
And realy let the side down .Bought passat 1.8T .Nice car full leather ,climate but turbo must be tiny as this car feels slow anyone know of any decent mods for this car to put some life into it as i nearly got beat by a vauxhall zafira zafara zafera the other night ,the shame of it there was kids laughing in the back of it and this car i have to keep as my insurance company will not do any more changes to my policy.

Jezz_S13
23-10-2001, 07:17
Oh man!!!

What's up with the T5? Hope you made money on it!.

Glad that you haven't deserted the board though.

------------------
Jezz Palmer.
Grey '92 S13, S14 T28, SAAB FMIC, SE Stage 2, Cybercraft Induction Kit, Blitz FATT-S.

Paul_S13
23-10-2001, 07:32
Your Passat probly has a low pressure turbo (T2) so winding up the boost may not be a very effective option....but i'm sure Superchips do somthing for it.

Mr Fandango
23-10-2001, 08:17
I was looking for a 200S14 for about a month took a couple out and was really surprised with them, great cars.

Unfortunately, here in Gump County the 200's seem to have a tendancy to swap ends near static objects as nearly all had been repainted.

Anyway, I ended up buying an S70 T5 CD Auto-It is the way to go!! As nice as the 200's are this car is a whole other ball park. The build is so solid and you get so much kit in them plus they're fairly rapid. Don't know how they would compare to a 200 though. Anybody know the Kerb weights of the two, T5 has 240BHP + Traction control, YAY.

Won't be leaving here in a hurry as this is one of the funniest boards I have found.

mudzs
23-10-2001, 10:47
T5 was one of the most rapid cars i have driven and also the most comfortable and solid but on the down side returns only 20mpg so had to go .they also go wrong alot (not that anyone that owns one will say that)i have had 3 850s and they all suffer from various factory faults .you need a new set of front discs every 20,000 and pads last about 8,000 ,they eat tyres top engine mount lasts about 2 seconds ,cluthes about 30,000 and my previous t5 gave up it`s auto gearbox at about 36,000 miles, yes it had full volvo history .Cost £3800 to put a new one in because volvo parts are very overpriced.On the up side i think most probs sorted on v70 so it`s the better car to go for.Hope you bought the estate as the saloon loses money quicker than my wife can spend it.

[This message has been edited by mudzs (edited 23-10-2001).]

Chris_Lacey
23-10-2001, 10:53
I hope there are no bikers on this board.. Saying you drive a volvo is like insulting their mothers!! lol

------------------
'92 S13 200SX Silver Blue Metallic.
7 Spoke Nissan Alloys, bonus rusted tailgate for weight reduction :-)

Reeph
23-10-2001, 14:36
Kerb weight on the S14 is 1276 Kg's.

------------------
Grant Smith
Blue T 'reg' Manual

mudzs
23-10-2001, 17:34
Hello mate hows car going you put wheels on yet .

DJFish
23-10-2001, 20:07
Was considering an 850R a while back but getting a decent one was going to be too expensive, lovely looking cars though.

As for the speed issue, I was following a police T5 on the M3 the other day and he was doing a pretty good job of clearing the traffic for me and another chap in a Pug 306, we were doing about 120 (KMH of course!) and the volvo was just dissappearing into the distance every time the fast lane cleared, fast is not the word, shame about the reliability issue, I thought they were built like tanks!

Dave

------------------
http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/animals/fish.gif
Black Almera GTi/Blue S14, standard apart from loud stereo and blue smelly tree.

Mr Fandango
24-10-2001, 08:13
Mudzs, have you been using the Volvo owners club forum? Not bad, but doesn't have half as many hits as this one.

If your asking how the cars going, then very well is the answer, only had it 5 days but travelled 300 miles without a problem, averaging 31 MPG.

I was dead set on a Nissan, but after driving a T5, everything seems just a bit more comfortable and refined.

I am considering wheels but after discovering that just about every car has different PCD's my search may be in vain, I guess at least I won't have the problem of the calipers being too big for certain wheels.

Reeph
24-10-2001, 11:32
Hey Mudz,
the car is wonderful she was very shiny on Saturday after giving her a good wash and brush up then I got her filthy on Sunday doing 60 down single lane country roads man I'm glad the seats are leather http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/smile.gif.

I haven't made any mods yet, except to put some colour coded fluffy dice on the rear view mirror (very tasteful) I am still thinking about changing the wheels I have to call Nissan first and make sure it won't invalidate the warranty.

It should be going in for it's 36,000 service sometime around the beginning of next week ish.

------------------
Grant Smith
Blue T 'reg' Manual

docwra
24-10-2001, 11:43
[QUOTE]I got her filthy on Sunday doing 60 down single lane country roads man I'm glad the seats are leather[QUOTE]

Erm ......... anyone else thinking what Im thinking here??
Try rubber undies matey http://300zx.co.uk/200sx/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
--------------------
92 200SX, grey
K+N 57i (Im ready for max power now!!)
Bit of ICE, cant be arsed to take the dash off to put more in
Manual, for I have the stick in the middle of my car and in the middle of my legs
Never refuse a challenge!!
gentlemen prefer blondes ......

mudzs
24-10-2001, 13:19
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr Fandango:
averaging 31 MPG.

I did not know they made a T5 diesel .Only joking but how do you manage that mpg mine returned less than 20 and that was on motorway