PDA

View Full Version : any one in swindon with an oil pressure tester or spare gauge?

Moonhead
06-06-2004, 20:47
i need to check the pressure before i kill turbo number 3! I'm hoping to go to the next swindon meet so either monday or then (i.e tuesday!) would be great!!

Columbo
11-06-2004, 18:52
Aint got a gauge mate sorry. How you killing those turbos so quick??? :confused:

Moonhead
12-06-2004, 07:39
thats cool mate i have spent my hard earned cash on one now!! I'm running about 9-10 psi at tick over (should be over 11) and about 45 at 3000rpm (should be 51-60ish), either got some crap blocking pump pick up or the pump has gone :( Therefore turbo is not gettin enough of the black stuff when its up to speed and hence turbo number 3 developed about 1mm play on the way home from the meet on tuesday, and i only took it to 3500rpm once! :cry:
Having a play this wekend to fix it, fingers crossed by next month....
(something else will probably go with my luck!)

Columbo
12-06-2004, 08:39
Hope you sort it soon. :cool:

cartman
19-06-2004, 10:22
Moonhead, your not alone when it comes to things going pear shaped mate. i have had my motor for 5 months now and hasn't been running right for 4 months. it is in the garage as we speak. the guy who swapped the original engine for a japspec one has blanked off god knows how many hoses and is causing it to over heat and to lose pressure. also found out that the uprated 300zx fan is on backwards!! bugger. will hopfully have it sorted by next week.

hope you get yours sorted soon too matey. :thumbs: